JB and Roberson | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JB and Roberson

I think JB thinks he's wasting his talent and frustrated he can't get it out of him. JB has asked him repeatedly to play a certain way. Robey bucks that trying to do what people tell him to do in order to make the league.
Play a certain way, as in don't shoot from outside the paint. As far as him wanting to showcase for the league, I haven't seen Robey take many 15 footers. He took one wide open ten footer today and was yanked. I don't think he has forced at all.

Along with the "White is showcasing for the NBA", it's one of the most BS thing that I keep hearing around here.
What's BS? It's pretty well known...

Anyone that defends Boeheim's actions towards Roberson and all of his other previous dogs needs to take off their orange colored glasses. There is nothing positive about it. It's a terrible look and it provides no motivation whatsoever. Roberson would have developed into a much better player if he was coached by anyone other than JB.

It goes without saying that JB is a great coach, but this was always one of his weaknesses.

I adopted an 8 year old beagle years ago that had an abusive owner. The poor thing would flinch every time he saw movement. I should have named him Roberson. I don't blame the beagle for his behavior, I blame the abusive owner.

Considering he hasn't taken an elbow jumper seemingly all year it seems like this "well known" rumor doesn't really have legs.

It's ridiculous.
He did it a bunch at the beginning of the year...it's always been what has got him in trouble...even his offseason workouts tend to focus on that.

Maybe his lip reading isn't so good.

Well, he starts mid-sentence. I would imagine JB is telling Roberson he has to make the officials make the call. Go up strong...something like that??? Who knows.

He did it a bunch at the beginning of the year...it's always been what has got him in trouble...even his offseason workouts tend to focus on that.
He shoots the ball occasionally when he gets the ball passed to him. When was the last time he forced a jump shot? For every jump shot he takes while wide open, he catches it 50 times and dribbles it back out and hands it to a guard to "run" our "offense". And when he does that he gets criticized for just dribbling around as a non threat

He shoots the ball occasionally when he gets the ball passed to him. When was the last time he forced a jump shot? For every jump shot he takes while wide open, he catches it 50 times and dribbles it back out and hands it to a guard to "run" our "offense". And when he does that he gets criticized for just dribbling around as a non threat
I'm not saying he forces anything. JB doesn't want to see it at all.

Of course. But not the way JB constantly rides Roberson. Not to mention the times he rides him just because he's frustrated with something/someone else.

I would say the difference is this, Roberson doesn't seem to be especially responsive to criticism, obviously...or he would be getting quadruple doubles by now with how much he's yelled at.

It's just interesting to see the different approaches.

Lydon was garbage in the first half - but the narrative would be, as it always is, "we just need him to shoot more, hit some shots, be more aggressive. Thanks, Ty!"

Roberson plays like garbage in the first half, he gets undressed on the court, in the press conference, etc...

I'm not saying that the approach isn't strategic, but man, I would lose my mind as a player watching that stuff if I was the one constantly getting yelled at. Lose. My. Mind. lol He has to notice the narrative is vastly different depending on the player, and unless he really recognizes that he's giving only 70%, not likely, it probably just frustrates him. But who knows, JB is coach, I don't these dudes, or see practices, but I'll speculate because it's a forum!! :)

It is sort of odd. Coaches yell at players though, that's not strange. Coach K looks more like a psychopath than JB...lots of coaches seem worse, but maybe more evenly distributed! :)

I also liken it somewhat to Rak - when you're a guy who just sits on the court, and the coach says, "hey go rebound, and play some defense." You're going to probably see that player get lackadaiscal at times - it's fairly typical with big men. If they aren't involved, they check out. Some people have non-stop motors, but a lot just don't. They're the little-leaguer picking daisies in right field cuz they're bored. Christmas only really showed consistency when he was involved for 40 minutes - offensively, defensively, etc...Roberson plays better when he's engaged early, otherwise, he can check out. It happens. Not sure it's all THAT shocking.

Ultimately, with him off the court our defense is pretty god-awful. We need him.

Along with the "White is showcasing for the NBA", it's one of the most BS thing that I keep hearing around here.
White and Roberson are showcasing their talents for some professional league, but it's not the NBA.

Anyone that defends Boeheim's actions towards Roberson and all of his other previous dogs needs to take off their orange colored glasses. There is nothing positive about it. It's a terrible look and it provides no motivation whatsoever. Roberson would have developed into a much better player if he was coached by anyone other than JB.

It goes without saying that JB is a great coach, but this was always one of his weaknesses.

I adopted an 8 year old beagle years ago that had an abusive owner. The poor thing would flinch every time he saw movement. I should have named him Roberson. I don't blame the beagle for his behavior, I blame the abusive owner.

That's the strangest analogy I've seen in a while.

Roberson doesn't deserve the chit he gets.
Our roster problems aren't his fault.
When he plays well the team does well. He doesn't
deserve that crap he gets.
If Roberson's "knees" hurt tomorrow what would JB
do.
I just want a winning season that is all.

Trying to develop a midrange jumper? Blasphemous I tell you!
You guys are looking for the reason why Robey is in JBs doghouse constantly. That's why. JB wants him to play one way. He wants to play another.

Roberson is much more of a man than I am. I would've gone Latrell Sprewell on JB if I was him.

Entire team sucks and gives half-hearted effort every game. We run a middle school offense designed by you. You keep putting me in ****ing pick and roll for some unknown reason. I'm the only guy out there who tries and I take one 10 foot wide open lay in, miss it and I'm yanked and told to go f myself.

You guys are looking for the reason why Robey is in JBs doghouse constantly. That's why. JB wants him to play one way. He wants to play another.

explain this. I still have no idea what you're talking about

I understand what your point is, but our point is that Roberson doesn't shoot. Therefore JB can't be mad about him shooting. As far as rebounding, he has been getting plenty of them lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom