JB and the Bench | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

JB and the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
it IS a big deal ! loop back to page 13 .and that's why the BEST players and the BEST programs don't do it . what does that tell you ?

5rnqtp5SLB-10.png

i'm finished.

it IS a big deal ! loop back to page 13 .and that's why the BEST players and the BEST programs don't do it . what does that tell you ?

5rnqtp5SLB-10.png

Is is? Why? Why is Devonte Graham, one of the best players in the nation playing 40 mpg?

It tells me playing 40 mpg is no big deal.

i believe one left becuz he wasn't getting playing time ? or am i mistaken ?
Yes, you are mistaken if you believe that is the whole story. And I am certain you are aware of the other factors that played into his decision because you follow the program closely.

We have roster problems too.
We are down 2 scholarships and Thompson left.
That is 10 players.
JB decided to take a transfer and be down another scholarship for the team this year.
JB decided to bring in Geno Thorpe.
The fact we are down the last 2 is on his management of the roster.
He gets a pass for Thompson and the 2 from sanctions.
If he let Hop bring that JUCO player last year we would have another player.

That is 10 players.
JB decided to take a transfer and be down another scholarship for the team this year.

10 scholarship players, with Moyer and Sidibe injured now. Hughes cant play. Thompson and Geno Thorpe left the program. Does he get a pass for that or are you adamant it’s all JB’s fault?

Why aren’t you railing on Bill Self for roster mismanagement?

10 scholarship players, with Moyer and Sidibe injured now. Hughes cant play. Thompson and Geno Thorpe left the program. Does he get a pass for that or are you adamant it’s all JB’s fault?

Why aren’t you railing on Bill Self for roster mismanagement?
This doesn’t even deserve a response.
So for the sake of the board I am not going on.

This doesn’t even deserve a response.
So for the sake of the board I am not going on.

Why not? We are down to 6 players. You want to win games, right? Who should play Coach? Instead of critizing all the time, give us a solution.

That is 10 players.

So because of this Howard Washington should see eight to ten minutes of ACC action.

So because of this Howard Washington should see eight to ten minutes of ACC action.
Our guards will wear down.
They aren’t machines.
With a 30 second shot clock giving the guys a blow isn’t many possessions so we dribble a lot of
Each possession anyway.
Having more in the tank in the end helps.
Howard Washington isn’t a walk-on.

No. Zero time is a much better choice. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. If Battle's legs fall off, so be it.

Why not? We are down to 6 players. You want to win games, right? Who should play Coach? Instead of critizing all the time, give us a solution.
I give solutions you aren’t worth the energy.
Plus the board doesn’t deserve this crap going on.

No. Zero time is a much better choice. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. If Battle's legs fall off, so be it.

But they aren’t falling off. In fact, Battle looks great. Look great in OT against Gtown in 45 minute. Trae Young’s legs are falling off either. Neither are Deveonte Graham’s. Probably because it’s not hard to play 40 minutes with 2 minutes timouts every 4 minutes and a 20 minute halftime sprinkled in.

I give solutions you aren’t worth the energy.
Plus the board doesn’t deserve this crap going on.

I missed your solutions. What were they?

It’s a message board. Feel free to not respond.

They aren’t machines.
With a 30 second shot clock giving the guys a blow isn’t many possessions so we dribble a lot of
Each possession anyway.

I have to go coach a game in a few so I am done with this for a while (every kid must play a minimum of 7 minutes).

The Cuse will tip at 4 today, and likely end at 6. So in 120 minutes Battle is playing basketball for 40 and not playing for 80.

I WISH we had a real third guard and another forward who could actually shoot it. For a variety of reasons, we really don't, and for a variety of reasons we really screwed up PG recruiting starting with Josh Wright moving forward. But that really has nothing with how to coach today's game.

They aren’t machines.
Each possession anyway.

Who told you they will wear down? How do you wear down on 7 days rest and then 3 days rest?

Coach K said players don’t get tired from playing game minutes. I guess he’s wrong too.

Please go on. This is definitely a hill worth dying on for at least another five pages.
Nah I listen to conscious of the board for when it’s gone too far people like Cusefan0307 or MSOrange have a way of being objective when enough is enough.
The JB can do no wrong crew drive me insane though(Bayside is not in that crew for the record I would continue with him but enough is enough)

Nah I listen to conscious of the board for when it’s gone too far people like Cusefan0307 or MSOrange have a way of being objective when enough is enough.
The JB can do no wrong crew drive me insane though(Bayside is not in that crew for the record I would continue with him but enough is enough)

Well, I’m not a believer that JB can do no wrong. He’s not perfect, makes mistakes, and there are things he could do better. However, objective people aren’t going to blame him for everything, which you and your crew constantly does. When recruiting pick ups, he gets no credit. We win by 18, he’s playing guys too many minutes. The offense isn’t scoring points, it’s his fault. We make a FF or two and he’s lucky or we didn’t deserve it. Hopkins pursues another job, and now JB betrayed him. It gets old. Some of us are tired of the constant criticism, especially when it’s not warranted.

But they aren’t falling off. In fact, Battle looks great. Look great in OT against Gtown in 45 minute. Trae Young’s legs are falling off either. Neither are Deveonte Graham’s. Probably because it’s not hard to play 40 minutes with 2 minutes timouts every 4 minutes and a 20 minute halftime sprinkled in.

I see Alsacs being smart on this but I can't stop myself. Battle went through a serious slump before the last game. I wonder what was different? Oh yeah, he finally got some rest.

I see Alsacs being smart on this but I can't stop myself. Battle went through a serious slump before the last game. I wonder what was different? Oh yeah, he finally got some rest.
We average 32 points the first half and 37 points the second half must be the tired legs.

Or he was just in a slump. See Gtown game.

Or he was just in a slump. See Gtown game.

Yes, of course that must be it. Slumps just happen. Must be his weak mentality that caused it. Not the back injury or tired legs.

Yes, of course that must be it. Slumps just happen. Must be his weak mentality that caused it. Not the back injury or tired legs.

Slumps do just happen. Not just because players are tired. What slump by the way?

His back seems quite fine to me Doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors