JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, this kind of reminds me of the episode "Bang the drum, Stanley" of The Golden Girls. Season 4, episode 5 I believe. Anyway, Sophia gets hit in the head at a baseball game, and Stan tries to get her to make a bigger deal out of it in the hopes of cashing in on some legal action.

Really, it's not all that similar to anything posted here. Not sure where I'm going with this.

Georgetown still sucks.

This whole scenario is basically the opposite of that time when Coach Bombay made Adam Banks attempt to rotate the stick (the 2nd time, with his actual injured wrist) & then ruled him out when he couldn't.

Moral of the story, JB should be more like Bombay & Moyer could probably stand to be a little more like Banks.

The last thing this thread needs is another opinion...so I won't offer one.

Damn! Not going to work. Alright...Is it possible that Moyer was hurting in practice, but pushed through everything because he didn't want to disappoint his team and the coaches realizing what a depth predicament they are in? Maybe he told his parents and they played the "bad guy" to alleviate the pressure of that decision? Just speculating.

Ankle injuries suck, as many on here have already stated. I played through more than I can count because, well...teenager. Rest and exercises are the only way to get the strength back. And playing in tape without any flexibility sucked.

I totally get why Moyer's parents wouldn't want him to play. I also understand why JB would be sensitive to parents making a call like that, especially considering the Mrs. Thompson fiasco last season. JB was not in a good mood today. He never throws his coat. He freakin RIPPED Frank twice late in the second half, and I mean ripped him. He was hot! Maybe the thing with Moyer is what lit the fuse, but he was in rare form during the game. It's not shocking that the anger and frustration carried over to the presser. All he needed was some bait, and he was going to let go. I don't like that he called out Moyer and his Dad, but I get it. This has probably been the most frustrating season for everyone, and certainly for JB. Limited offense, MASH unit locker room, and the first season without Hop. Not a great combo for bliss and continuity.

Hopefully everyone involved learned something today.

You know, this kind of reminds me of the episode "Bang the drum, Stanley" of The Golden Girls. Season 4, episode 5 I believe. Anyway, Sophia gets hit in the head at a baseball game, and Stan tries to get her to make a bigger deal out of it in the hopes of cashing in on some legal action.

Really, it's not all that similar to anything posted here. Not sure where I'm going with this.

Georgetown still sucks.
Just when it was about to die.
200.gif

Damn! Not going to work. Alright...Is it possible that Moyer was hurting in practice, but pushed through everything because he didn't want to disappoint his team and the coaches realizing what a depth predicament they are in? Maybe he told his parents and they played the "bad guy" to alleviate the pressure of that decision? Just speculating.

Ankle injuries suck, as many on here have already stated. I played through more than I can count because, well...teenager. Rest and exercises are the only way to get the strength back. And playing in tape without any flexibility sucked.

I totally get why Moyer's parents wouldn't want him to play. I also understand why JB would be sensitive to parents making a call like that, especially considering the Mrs. Thompson fiasco last season. JB was not in a good mood today. He never throws his coat. He freakin RIPPED Frank twice late in the second half, and I mean ripped him. He was hot! Maybe the thing with Moyer is what lit the fuse, but he was in rare form during the game. It's not shocking that the anger and frustration carried over to the presser. All he needed was some bait, and he was going to let go. I don't like that he called out Moyer and his Dad, but I get it. This has probably been the most frustrating season for everyone, and certainly for JB. Limited offense, MASH unit locker room, and the first season without Hop. Not a great combo for bliss and continuity.

Great post. Your first paragraph is a big part of where I'm coming from. I think Matt was trying valiantly to take one for the team. His parents got wind of how bad his ankle was and intervened. They tried to save him from himself. JB felt undermined. Instead of addressing it with the parents, he makes the presser comments.

I'm not well versed for the record but does HIPPA come into play here?

I'm not well versed for the record but does HIPPA come into play here?
Not really in what was discussed.

JB in general (as are most coaches) is very vague with injuries. But saying he thought Matt could have played isn't a violation of HIPPA.

Jb was lit the whole game. He ripped marek twice and Chukwu once that I remember. He was on the refs real early after brissett got hit on an early drive/miss them the one frank turnover when he got fouled. Jb also did a lot of coaching outside the box too which is not like him. He knew this game was a must and was coaching his tail off.

Jb was lit the whole game. He ripped marek twice and Chukwu once that I remember. He was on the refs real early after brissett got hit on an early drive/miss them the one frank turnover when he got fouled. Jb also did a lot of coaching outside the box too which is not like him. He knew this game was a must and was coaching his tail off.
It was noticeable. I had people text me about how fiery JB was.

It was odd watching him yell encouragement to Frank in between FTs both times after he missed the 1st. It was clearly encouragement, he was telling Frank "don't think, just shoot", but it was just odd how animated he was. Not saying I disliked it. It was kinda like he didn't think Frank was focused enough.

Ok I didn’t watch the game live...moving all weekend.

I did see MM was not going to play before the game. So imagine my surprise when I logged in and found a 20 page thread on MM. (I still hadn’t watched). I was intrigued. One page into two, two into five and so on. Opinions all over the place. From respected posters and even Alasacs and Townie. I had to watch the presser.

Not sure what caused all the hubbub. Not an ideal moment but as Moqui pointed out the thread doesn’t do justice to the presser. And as Finwad points out this is DIV1 athletics. In 1st grade basketball the parents are not allowed to interfere.

And after all this somehow I missed the posts about our win. I assumed we lost. I still haven’t watched, the thread took all my time...

Captain Lou Albano.

Townie definitely gets some great heat though.

An okay heel, id say. Probably a bit bland given the predictability and lack of character adjustment over the years, but a solid floor for sure when it comes to being able to get reactions.

I did see MM was not going to play before the game. So imagine my surprise when I logged in and found a 20 page thread on MM. (I still hadn’t watched). I was intrigued. One page into two, two into five and so on. Opinions all over the place. From respected posters and even Alasacs and Townie. I had to watch the presser.

Not sure what caused all the hubbub. Not an ideal moment but as Moqui pointed out the thread doesn’t do justice to the presser. And as Finwad points out this is DIV1 athletics. In 1st grade basketball the parents are not allowed to interfere.

And after all this somehow I missed the posts about our win. I assumed we lost. I still haven’t watched, the thread took all my time...
Many of the people bitching about the presser likely didn't bother watching it. It was (as you, moqui and others have pointed out) quite benign, especially by JB standards. I even took the time to seek out Mrs. Moyer's Facebook post and thought it was pretty harmless, too. Still, I'm damn glad that this thread exists.

MOVING? As to another house? If so, where did you move to? ANd when are you coming to a game watch. Next one is N. Carolina.

Half of the comments in this thread are about the thread’s staying power. Does that really count? All fat no muscle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom