JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind the wonderful person who says Moyer is "not an alpha" doesn't have the guts to stand behind his comments in his thread because he's scared of offending a mod

I feel like using the Conor McGregor meme: "Who da frook is dat guy?" He's not even worth responding to, you're right.

Are you kidding? So Moyer wasn't an alpha when he was playing at least 2 weeks quicker than most guys do with a high ankle sprain?

I agree with that. Moyer is a tough kid.

How does a 60% Moyer help the team? Even when he’s 100% we know we may not get anything out of him.

And after 40+ years Jim really feels the need to scold a parent for having their child’s best interests at heart. There certainly appears to be a lack of trust between the family and the staff.

Great points

I feel like using the Conor McGregor meme: "Who da frook is dat guy?" He's not even worth responding to, you're right.
You must think it's easy to win games in the ACC, even against Wake. When an issue like this pops up and takes away from the team focus and cohesion, you will struggle to put away a Wake Forest and maybe if they stayed hot at the three, they could have stole this game. There is little margin for error and it's just these kinds of little things end up losing games. And good lord, had they lost this game, there would have been no end to the Boeheim trashing.

You went viral with no fruits for your labor... I'm going back to give you one... even though you are directly to blame for tieing up my ENTIRE Sunday evening!

I took a few hour break from the board amd this thing jumped like 9 pages. Haven't seen something move this fast since DCCuse found out about free beer in sec 118 that one home game.

How does a 60% Moyer help the team? Even when he’s 100% we know we may not get anything out of him.
Moyer would have been an extra body on an undermanned team. If JB put him in and didn't like the way he was moving and thought he couldn't help the team, he would have pulled him at the first dead ball. JB just wanted that option.

One of them, yes.

Okay, so you think I have an anti-JB agenda. Thats interesting. I'd say I'm unbiased and don't think JB is above being questioned. If that makes me anti-JB, then I'll proudly wear that label. And that's all you're trying to do: put a label on me.

and who the cares if the Moyers are pillars of the community or if you met them once - you think that gives them license to try and overrule medical/coaching staff?

I'll make an assumption this is about me too. All I said is the Moyer's are awesome people and I brought up Annette's involvement in basketball in OH just to amplify that she's around HS kids a lot and their coaches and is not the kind of person who'd intentionally override the authority of our coaches/ medical staff. That is what ultimately happened but the Moyer's didn't do that maliciously . She and her husband were thinking of their son's health.

And I consider you a friend and don't mind debating friends but if you are going to call me out, do it directly. If not, you might as well put an "ed" after "consider."

Shame on the HC.
If he called out Moyer if I were MM I would shut it down for the rest of the year.
The guy isn’t healthy.
He doesn’t owe this HC playing thru pain in a lost season.
This is far from a lost season

I also remember a few years ago when went to the final four a poster was saving some of your comments and sending them back to you to eat crow maybe I’ll start today with this real gem

Here’s the biggest question. What if Matt can’t go Wednesday and because Sid played today his knees are too sore to go. 5 scholie players.

There’s no guarantee Quade would have won the job. Thorpe thought he would and didn’t. And jb was worried that we were VERY thin at both guard spots. That’s why he brought Thorpe in.

For sure. But, a recruit as highly prized as Quade was; one would think it was being pitched to him the keys to the bus. I mean name me one player the staff went harder for than him in recent memory. Nerlens Noel? That should tell anyone that they wanted him BAD beacuse it was an obvious pressing concern in terms of the PG situation. He did dominate the EYBL if I remember correctly. But, yes, not a given he would’ve won it though the plan was for him to, IMO. Trying to get a true small PG like him with such fervor makes me think that JB was a little tired of his own combo/tall guy conversion attempts to PG.

Last edited:
It's now one of 50 longest threads in hoops board history and is moving like a tremendous machine.
IMG_1419.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors