JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you read the post you responded to? I didn't say anything like that. Read it again. I said what would you say to your son if he was hurt permanent by a coach, and then I said not JB, didn't you read that? Or were you in a hurry to question my post?
I read it. If we agree that your analogy and this situation aren't remotely the same then why post it?

Thorpe left because he didn't get any playing time in a nationally televised game. And he didn't see it getting any better.

That’s what I said. He left because of PT.

First off, the Moyer's are great people. Those in this thread who are saying for them/ Matt to hit the bricks are making me sick. Matt and his family were very loyal to SU after the sanctions came down but you know, what have you done for me lately?

I'm not sure how anyone can watch the presser and not say JB's questioning Matt's heart. JB said (I'm paraphrasing obviously) that he (JB) had a sprained ankle as a player and jumped off both ankles. That's more than strongly implying that Matt could do the same. Also, saying 60% of Matt would help the team is implying that Matt has that much in the tank but doesn't want to use it.

I think what probably happened here is Matt has been playing at much less than 100% (you know, because he has such little heart:rolleyes:). JB indicated that Matt looked fine in a couple practices but we don't know how he's feeling. What that also tells me is JB was blindsided by Matt's inavailability and that clearly bothered JB.

Matt's mom said that Matt was having problems pushing off on the bad ankle. In her Facebook post, she basically said that Matt playing at less than 100% isn't helping the team. I don't think it's a pain management thing; it sounds like Matt couldn't push off the ankle and felt like he couldn't play effectively. Obviously, JB is the person who needs to decide if Matt needs to shut it down after talking to the medical staff. I agree with that. But why are they trusting Bourama to say he doesn't think he can go and not Matt?

I clearly think JB was pissed off about the timing of all this and what he felt was Matt's father undermining JB's authority. Maybe there could've been better communication along the way.

My issue with it is: what does the presser accomplish, other than JB stroking his own ego and asserting his authority? As others have said, couldn't JB have simply said Matt wasn't available today after practicing twice this week? Just leave it at that. The rest of it hurts the relationship with the parents and probably with Matt too.

I don't think we are trying to show Matt the door to free up a slot for next year but this kind of crap by JB is a big reason why players have been finding the exit. And without Hop as a buffer to soothe things, this sort of thing could crop up more often.

Last edited:
I read it. If we agree that your analogy and this situation aren't remotely the same then why post it?
That isn't the question. the question is why you accused me of something I didn't write? A man would have apologized.

Who here or anywhere else for that matter, that is a true fan of the ORANGE, didn't have their heart drop when they read or heard that Moyer was out. I'm sure the team felt the same way and it really was like a shock. It hurt the team and Boeheim knows it. And he is less than happy in the way it unfolded, and he should be.

No. He shouldn't have said what he said. Period. He called Mr Moyers out. Pure and simple. No problem if he wanted to do it privately. Not in public.
you have a very different definition of the phrase "called out" than i do. his comment was so oblique and so buried in a word salad that it is very weak if it was intended as a call out

No its called welcome to the world of a HOFC who is going to ruin the progran he has spent 42 years building. JB has become his father. I hope for his sake he reverses this trend because it wont end well for him. If you know him he is a good person who does so much for our community and his players. I dont want to see him ruin what should be a great legacy.
Oh yes, you are the one who read JB’s book andcame away with the impression that his old man was abusive. In fact, you called him abusive on this forum.

I read the book and that is not what JB said at all. His father was demanding and competitive, but never abusive.

So you —- through this campaign of constant negativity on here —- are only trying to save the program from JB? That’s the story you are sticking with?

And the University hierarchy is held by JB’s Svengali imitation powerless to stop the decline.

I’m reminded of the last scene of Dr. Strangelove in which the Slim Pickens character is riding the H-Bomb down hollering “Yahoo”.

he was asked a direct question & gave an honest answer. and then he moved on. unless mr. moyers has the mental constitution of the typical syracusefan poster, i doubt that he feels butt hurt by the comment
upload_2018-2-11_19-56-1.jpeg

First off, the Moyer's are great people. Those in this thread who are saying for them/ Matt to hit the bricks are making me sick. Matt and his family were very loyal to SU after the sanctions came down but you know, what have you done for me lately?

I'm not sure how anyone can watch the presser and not say JB's questioning Matt's heart. JB said (I'm paraphrasing obviously) that he (JB) had a sprained ankle as a player and jumped off both ankles. That's more than strongly implying that Matt could do the same. Also, saying 60% of Matt would help the team is implying that Matt has that much in the tank but doesn't want to use it.

I think what probably happened here is Matt has been playing at much less than 100% (you know, because he has such little heart:rolleyes:). JB indicated that Matt looked fine in a couple practices but we don't know how he's feeling. What that also tells me is JB was blindsided by Matt's inavailability and that clearly bothered JB.

Matt's mom said that Matt was having problems pushing off on the bad ankle. In her Facebook post, she basically said that Matt playing at less than 100% isn't helping the team. I don't think it's a pain management thing; it sounds like Matt couldn't push off the ankle and felt like he couldn't play effectively. Obviously, JB is the person who needs to decide of Matt needs to shut it down after talking to the medical staff. I agree with that. But why are they trusting Bourama to say he doesn't think he can go and not Matt?

I clearly think JB was pissed off about the timing of all this and what he felt was Matt's father undermining JB's authority. Maybe there could've been better communication along the way.

My issue with it is: what does the presser accomplish, other than JB stroking his own ego and asserting his authority? As others have said, couldn't JB have simply said Matt wasn't available today after practicing twice this week? Just leave it at that. The rest of it hurts the relationship with the parents and probably with Matt too.

I don't think we are trying to show Matt the door to free up a slot for next year but this kind of crap by JB is a big reason why players have been finding the exit. And without Hop as a buffer to soothe things, this sort of thing could crop up more often.

Fantastic post.

Matt's mom said that Matt was having problems pushing off on the bad ankle. In her Facebook post, she basically said that Matt playing at less than 100% isn't helping the team. I don't think it's a pain management thing; it sounds like Matt couldn't push off the ankle and felt like he couldn't play effectively. Obviously, JB is the person who needs to decide of Matt needs to shut it down after talking to the medical staff. I agree with that. But why are they trusting Bourama to say he doesn't think he can go and not Matt?

hector-ringing-bell.gif

^ Second best post of the thread after Poppyharts joke. ^

Thorpe left because he didn't get any playing time in a nationally televised game. And he didn't see it getting any better.
So Thorp’s strategy was to trade some playing time for absolutely zero playing time by quitting?

Maybe, just maybe, you don’t have a bloody clue about why Thorpe quit.

You and I both know this is true. You are just selecting the reason that meets your preferred natative.

It's no big deal but I don't like being accused of things I don't do. I can get myself in trouble all on my own. And the point I was making was that there are coaches that would play a guy that was hurt and that guys parents should get involved to protect their kid. More in football than in hoop but if your kid was playing for Rice when he was at Rutgers ( I know your kid wouldn't go to Rutgers) but if he did, would you trust Rice with your injured son?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes, you are the one who read JB’s book andcame away with the impression that his old man was abusive. In fact, you called him abusive on this forum.

I read the book and that is not what JB said at all. His father was demanding and competitive, but never abusive.

So you —- through this campaign of constant negativity on here —- are only trying to save the program from JB? That’s the story you are sticking with?

And the University hierarchy is held by JB’s Svengali imitation powerless to stop the decline.

I’m reminded of the last scene of Dr. Strangelove in which the Slim Pickens character is riding the H-Bomb down hollering “Yahoo”.
He's more of a Captain Bligh character or Maybe Grigori Rasputin.

I'm slightly dumbfounded at the venomous initial response to this situation. The board seems to be leveling out now, but, wow.
I agree. Most are going overboard here. He speaks the truth at all times even if it isn't always right. He didn't sound too aggravated either.

Yeah...and that's ashame that JB didn't hang it up last year. I'm looking forward to that day.
I bet you were looking forward to coach P being let go to, it made our football program so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom