JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious?
By JB’s own words the kid was 60%.
Who is JB to tell Moyer to play hurt?
Jeez the doctor isn’t DQing him.
JB has no business talking about this publicly. It’s pathetic.
Coach K is sitting Bagley tonight. The kid has a minor injury.
If Duke loses we know K won’t rip the kid for not playing hurt.
The team doctor cleared Moyer to play. No idea what argument you're trying to make. I'm already in record saying JB should have kept it in house.

We had 11.

We took a transfer who is sitting out the year.

Thompson left cause his Mom never wanted him here in the first place.

Thorpe left because he wasn’t getting the playing time he thought he would.

Washington tore his ACL.

Sid has bad knees.

Moyer has a bad ankle.

That leaves 5 available plus what we can get out of Sid until Moyer is back.

So knowing this. Should JB try to piss off players parents or not? Or are we admitting that JB is trying to run off Moyer.

If a player is a one and done, say Malachi or Ennis, he would be the same age as Moyer. Is he still a "kid" and would his parents go over his coaches head or behind his back? Players at Syracuse are getting a quarter million dollar education for compensation, which seems like an equitable amount. And, that's not factoring in the interest they won't end up paying for the next 25 years.

Have you read this thread at all? We aren't upset that JB was mad about Moyer or his dad. JB should never have gone public with it. That serves no purpose.

And I said earlier that I kind of agree with you. But it is what it is and it's NOT that big of a deal as we are all making it out to be. They will all be ok. It wasn't malicious and doesn't warrant a apology from JB. I'm sure they will all talk about it and move on.

We had 11.

We took a transfer who is sitting out the year.

Thompson left cause his Mom never wanted him here in the first place.

Thorpe left because he wasn’t getting the playing time he thought he would.

Washington tore his ACL.

Sid has bad knees.

Moyer has a bad ankle.

That leaves 5 available plus what we can get out of Sid until Moyer is back.
Thorpe left because he didn't get any playing time in a nationally televised game. And he didn't see it getting any better.

JB has the same cold personality today as he had in 1976. That's never going to change. Despite that, he's still recruiting pretty good players.

Thank you.
All these people catching vapors act like this is sooooo out of pocket for JB.
When I first heard this in the presser, my eyebrows were raised, but not to the extent of some folks who seem to be adding their anti-JB agenda into the equation. Also, as a former coach, I hated when a parent got involved in the day-to-day running of the team.
I have no doubt that Matty involving his Dad served to piss JB off just a little bit.
Either way the chicken-little amen corner once again, can't resist making mountains out of molehills.
Its not that deep folks! JMHO

Last edited:
You said Moyer’s family was trying to micro-manage his career because they advised their son to not play hurt in a regular season game in February of his Redshirt freshman season.
The fact you tell me not to hyperventilate is laughable.
JB behaved like a scorned man.
Moyer was hurt. Please tell me what he did in practice.
We only have 6 players I doubt they do much in practice just to protect themselves against injury.
You wrote, “I doubt they do much in practice ...”

A perfect example of a wild guess unsupported by anything other than your opinion flavored with animus for JB.

Permant injury? Please. Im sure they did an MRI. If he was cleared to play then he’s fine.

This is the infamous Dr Tucker we’d be talking about right?.

No

Yeah, It’s called “Welcome to the world of big time, big money college athletics.”

If your plan is to micro-manage your son’s basketball career, you might want to send him somewhere else. You may have a problem finding a coach that will acquiesce to your desires on playing time and when you son will be available to play, but good luck in your search.
No its called welcome to the world of a HOFC who is going to ruin the progran he has spent 42 years building. JB has become his father. I hope for his sake he reverses this trend because it wont end well for him. If you know him he is a good person who does so much for our community and his players. I dont want to see him ruin what should be a great legacy.

And I said earlier that I kind of agree with you. But it is what it is and it's NOT that big of a deal as we are all making it out to be. They will all be ok. It wasn't malicious and doesn't warrant a apology from JB. I'm sure they will all talk about it and move on.
I think it is a big deal so we disagree. But it is to a player that we don't really need going further. So in the end, that will make it alright.

Disagree. Jb should not have said one word about Moyer and his dad. Simply answer the kid couldn't play today. can Jb hold a grudge about it. Yes. Can he voice his displeasure to Matt and his dad, yes. Keep it in house. It was classless by Jb and served no useful purpose.
that's a valid opinion . . . i am on the record that jb should have been fired because the program culture under him has gone bad.

but what he actually said today was so minor. he threw no one "under the bus," he didn't pick a fight with the family. the response on this thread is wildly disproportionate to what actually occurred

What this tells me is that if I get injured, and the timeline to return is a ways out, but I feel ready to play before then, I probably shouldn't come back just in case I don't feel right later and feel like I need some more time, because it will be forgotten pretty quickly that I got myself ready sooner than expected and if anything that now works against me.
Easy for you to say.;)

Last edited:
With the amount of personal animus that you have towards JB it’s amazing you consider your self a Syracuse fan. Maybe you should be looking for a kinder, gentler coach or one that speaks careful, restrained “coach speak” all the time. There are plenty of those.

And JB is untouchable. He’s at SU as long as he wants to be.
Yeah...and that's ashame that JB didn't hang it up last year. I'm looking forward to that day.

Have you read this thread at all? We aren't upset that JB was mad about Moyer or his dad. JB should never have gone public with it. That serves no purpose.
Mrs Moyer went public with it earlier today on Facebook. Eventually the reporters would have realized that and would have questioned JAB about it. He saved them the step of actually doing research. So far no harm, no foul. Like I said earlier, we will see what happens going forward. No reason for everyone to hyperventilate.

You wrote, “I doubt they do much in practice ...”

A perfect example of a wild guess unsupported by anything other than your opinion flavored with animus for JB.
Good job avoiding the point and deflecting to me.

You said Moyer’s family was micromanaging his career because they advised him not to play at 60% in pain in a February game of his RS Freshman year.

Good job. This is a blazing hot take.

You think Boeheim is going against the evaluations of the medical staff? Pretty strong accusations there.
Did you read the post you responded to? I didn't say anything like that. Read it again. I said what would you say to your son if he was hurt permanent by a coach, and then I said not JB, didn't you read that? Or were you in a hurry to question my post?

that's a valid opinion . . . i am on the record that jb should have been fired because the program culture under him has gone bad.

but what he actually said today was so minor. he threw no one "under the bus," he didn't pick a fight with the family. the response on this thread is wildly disproportionate to what actually occurred
I think he did pick a fight with the family. He brought up his dad. Jb wasn't happy and I am not commenting on that. He has that right. Just don't talk about it.

I think he did pick a fight with the family. He brought up his dad. Jb wasn't happy and I am not commenting on that. He has that right. Just don't talk about it.
he was asked a direct question & gave an honest answer. and then he moved on. unless mr. moyers has the mental constitution of the typical syracusefan poster, i doubt that he feels butt hurt by the comment

he was asked a direct question & gave an honest answer. and then he moved on. unless mr. moyers has the mental constitution of the typical syracusefan poster, i doubt that he feels butt hurt by the comment
No. He shouldn't have said what he said. Period. He called Mr Moyers out. Pure and simple. No problem if he wanted to do it privately. Not in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom