JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I think we already know. It's this same type of attitude that has got the NCAA hitting us not once but twice.

With the amount of personal animus that you have towards JB it’s amazing you consider your self a Syracuse fan. Maybe you should be looking for a kinder, gentler coach or one that speaks careful, restrained “coach speak” all the time. There are plenty of those.

And JB is untouchable. He’s at SU as long as he wants to be.

It's called being stupid. It serves no useful purpose other than to make an old man feel better. That's all. You want to say something to Matt or his dad, be my guest. But to go public like this, do you think it gets Matt back on the court faster? It doesn't.
he was asked a question and answered it. he didn't go out there looking to pick a fight with the moyers family and when i listened to the answer, it didn't seem to me that he did

No more like we’re pissed when team doctors DQ players with concussions, blood clots and heart defects, but we don’t want kids to play who have sprained ankles. :rolleyes:
Moyer’s career isn’t being DQed.
He is hurt and felt he couldn’t play today.
JB has no business talking about it publicly.
Moyer felt he wasn’t good enough to play.
Let the kid get treatment and get healthy. It’s not Moyer’s fault this roster is as thin as it is.

No more like we’re pissed when team doctors DQ players with concussions, blood clots and heart defects, but we don’t want kids to play who have sprained ankles. :rolleyes:
Have you ever tried to walk on one of those years later?

Another Dasher fantasy unsupported by any knowledge whatsoever.

Or can you point to some credible examples that support your opinion. (And you know what they say about opinions.)
Silly.

At this point this isn't even about whatever JB said to me.

I crack up over the chest thumping around "WELCOME TO D1 SPORTZ BRAH."

For some D1 athletes, getting the scholarship and competing at that level is the goal in itself.

I recall Moyer being the kid that wanted to be a heart surgeon or something, and playing basketball was a way to achieve that.

Career as a heart surgeon > 4 years of hoop

If it was my kid, go right ahead and thump your chest. Someday when you thump your chest because you're going into cardiac arrest he'll be the doctor on call to save you.

he was asked a question and answered it. he didn't go out there looking to pick a fight with the moyers family and when i listened to the answer, it didn't seem to me that he did
Be more diplomatic. He is the face of the program.
He can be pissed privately. Going public doesn’t help the situation.

For some D1 athletes, getting the scholarship and competing at that level is the goal in itself.

I recall Moyer being the kid that wanted to be a heart surgeon or something, and playing basketball was a way to achieve that.

If it was my kid, go right ahead and thump your chest. Someday when you thump your chest because you're going into cardiac arrest he'll be the doctor on call to save you.
I get the point, but part of the contract to get that degree paid for is to do what the medical staff advises or risk the doghouse.

With the amount of personal animus that you have towards JB it’s amazing you consider your self a Syracuse fan. Maybe you should be looking for a kinder, gentler coach or one that speaks careful, restrained “coach speak” all the time. There are plenty of those.

And JB is untouchable. He’s at SU as long as he wants to be.

Stop hyperventilating. You are not a very good fan.

So we've reached a point where we bash team doctors for disqualifying players for repeated head injuries, and are okay when Parents trump team physicians.
Apples meet oranges. First, I personally have never bashed a dr for DQing any player. Just the opposite. And if reading comp was in your golf bag you would have noticed that almost no one here is upset with Jb being upset with Matt or with his dad. We are upset with him going public with it. Something that he should never have done. Tell Matt privately. Tell his dad privately.

Good Lord people it's a sprained ankle. Have some of you been involved in sports? You would think he has a torn acl or a broken leg. Thank God most on here aren't on the team because it would be a roster full of whiner cry babies. Matt moyer will be just fine (I have enough trust in our staff that they wouldn't play him if that wasn't the case) and JB will be just fine being the grumpy winning HOF that he's always been. Can we all just move on and enjoy this young team that is still in control of their own destiny! Too much drama from the matt Moyer mommas!

I get the point, but part of the contract to get that degree paid for is to do what the medical staff advises or risk the doghouse.
That is fair. Just don't go public with it. That has been the point of all of the angst.

How would someone playing D1 basketball help him to become a heart surgeon?

That path isn’t clear to me.

Good Lord people it's a sprained ankle. Have some of you been involved in sports? You would think he has a torn acl or a broken leg. Thank God most on here aren't on the team because it would be a roster full of whiner cry babies. Matt moyer will be just fine (I have enough trust in our staff that they wouldn't play him if that wasn't the case) and JB will be just fine being the grumpy winning HOF that he's always been. Can we all just move on and enjoy this young team that is still in control of their own destiny! Too much drama from the matt Moyer mommas!
Have you read this thread at all? We aren't upset that JB was mad about Moyer or his dad. JB should never have gone public with it. That serves no purpose.

That is fair. Just don't go public with it. That has been the point of all of the angst.
Fair enough. I see the point and for this one, I'm on the other side.

Stop hyperventilating. (OMG!)

He played well in practice the previous two days.
You said Moyer’s family was trying to micro-manage his career because they advised their son to not play hurt in a regular season game in February of his Redshirt freshman season.
The fact you tell me not to hyperventilate is laughable.
JB behaved like a scorned man.
Moyer was hurt. Please tell me what he did in practice.
We only have 6 players I doubt they do much in practice just to protect themselves against injury.

Lol. Stop

Omg!!
Lol you were not at practice.
Lol

Not a good fan.

(Is this how I do it?)
I wasn’t at practices. but someone who was said he played fine in practice. You might want to watch the post-game press conference.

i can only assume that you must not have actually watched the presser and his answer. there was nothing there that should generate this - or, really, any - amount of controversy
Disagree. Jb should not have said one word about Moyer and his dad. Simply answer the kid couldn't play today. can Jb hold a grudge about it. Yes. Can he voice his displeasure to Matt and his dad, yes. Keep it in house. It was classless by Jb and served no useful purpose.

Pleeeeeease don’t leave early, guys!

But if you don’t like it, there’s the door!!!!

Oh why do we have 6 players again?

We had 11.

We took a transfer who is sitting out the year.

Thompson left cause his Mom never wanted him here in the first place.

Thorpe left because he wasn’t getting the playing time he thought he would.

Washington tore his ACL.

Sid has bad knees.

Moyer has a bad ankle.

That leaves 5 available plus what we can get out of Sid until Moyer is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom