JB called out Moyer in the PC | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

JB called out Moyer in the PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this year, do you really think we can afford to toss anyone?

Here are the people that may be gone after this year:
Battle
PC
OB
MD

I think Battle is an absolute lock to leave. I would guess there is one more defection after him.

We need every guy we have to stick around to give us a shot. People are acting like Bazely is Melo. We need the depth.

Wait...PC? What? Why?

Going to give my .02 on what is going on here.

Whether it's right or not, this is big boy division I revenue sport athletics... where quite frankly you are expected to play injured if called upon.

Frank, Bourama and Oshea all have injuries. I actually think frank and bouramas are pretty significant.

And in old school thinking...remember who our coach is...the decision on whether a kid plays is solely the discretion of the medical staff and to a degree the head coach.

So when Moyer tells him that he's been talking this over with his parents and "they've" decided that he needs to heal more before he plays..,,our old school coach is not going to take that very well. Especially after two consecutive days of practice and active play in previous games.

JB decided to go public with what probably should be a private matter. He's definitely in the wrong to rip the family in the presser, but it's his way of saying "it wasn't our decision to sit the kid...this was their decision." And he clearly wanted that on the record.

Annette Moyer did no one any favors with that Facebook post...most especially her son.

The difference in expectation level at d-1 revenue sports is muuuuuch higher than others. Fair or not...this should be known to athletes and their families.

I don't know if further play would cause a worsening of Matt's ankle. I honestly don't think the staff believes it would.

Bottom line - our coach took a serious burn to a kid and his parents making a decision he didn't think was theirs to make.

hes now in a public spat over the health of a kid with his parents.

MM playing or not is secondary at this point. JB made a mountain out of a mole hill and he's not really equipped to win the PR battle here.

giphy.gif
Snap into this take.
76BEA325-025C-4E06-B111-6DC03E866063.gif

Going to give my .02 on what is going on here.

Whether it's right or not, this is big boy division I revenue sport athletics... where quite frankly you are expected to play injured if called upon.

Frank, Bourama and Oshea all have injuries. I actually think frank and bouramas are pretty significant.

And in old school thinking...remember who our coach is...the decision on whether a kid plays is solely the discretion of the medical staff and to a degree the head coach.

So when Moyer tells him that he's been talking this over with his parents and "they've" decided that he needs to heal more before he plays..,,our old school coach is not going to take that very well. Especially after two consecutive days of practice and active play in previous games.

JB decided to go public with what probably should be a private matter. He's definitely in the wrong to rip the family in the presser, but it's his way of saying "it wasn't our decision to sit the kid...this was their decision." And he clearly wanted that on the record.

Annette Moyer did no one any favors with that Facebook post...most especially her son.

The difference in expectation level at d-1 revenue sports is muuuuuch higher than others. Fair or not...this should be known to athletes and their families.

I don't know if further play would cause a worsening of Matt's ankle. I honestly don't think the staff believes it would.

Bottom line - our coach took a serious burn to a kid and his parents making a decision he didn't think was theirs to make.
I agree with everything you said except JB ripping his family. He stated a fact. He didn't rip anyone

Wait...PC? What? Why?

No sources. Just me. He's not a spring chicken and turns 23 in April. One more year isn't going to vault him into the NBA.

I would guess he's seriously weighing his options.

We don't really know what went down. Ultimately, it's up to Moyer and his family whether to go or not if they feel his well being is compromised.

If JB has an issue with Moyer's pops, handle it in private. Airing the man out in public is cowardice.

If im Wildhack i demand JB issue an apology. I have always hated how JB bullys and disrepects his players and the media in public. Lets face it he has become an old cranky filter less jerk.
If i was AD i would tell him one more outburst and im putting you on paid leave. Guy needs some help. Makes me wonder what Julie has to put up with. Unreal.
Exactly what should he apologize for? I don't think what he said was any kind of outburst.
He said Moyer was OK for the last two practices, than Moyer said today his ankle hurt and he didn't want to go.
JB wonders why and says he'd take him at 60%.
Mentions his dad said he wasn't playing. Is he college's answer to LaVar? I'd guess this is what upset JB more than if Moyer alone said he couldn't go.
JB should not have to deal with what family thinks his players should or shouldn't do.
He can let folks draw whatever opinion they want from his comments.
I guess we've seen it all in this thread.

those defending JB here will be the same folks crying about the non existent roster and players leaving early. Pssst there’s a connection .

Won't be a problem next year. Just like Battle playing 40 mpg this year.

He's generally crankier after wins. I think he was frustrated with how that game turned into a struggle, among other things.
and that it forced him to toss his coat

Syracuse's Sunday basketball puzzle: Injury, relative knee health, a converted walk-on

"I thought Bourama was good," Boeheim said. "We rested him. He got some treatment and I thought he was very, very good. He's not himself but he gave us 17 really good minutes. If we can get that out of Paschal and him - that helps our team."

"He's a confident kid and a strong-minded kid," SU big man coach Allen Griffin said. "The one thing about Bourama is he's honest. When he can't go, he tells coach, he tells myself, he tells Brad (Pike). He says, 'Hey listen, I can't go. It's really sore.' The honesty helps us to prepare for if he can play or if he can't play. He's been really great with his treatment and he's doing all he can."

I thought that quote was interesting.

Agree. Ditota asked him about Moyer, and he gave an explanation. He didn't seem upset, but matter of fact. Not a bid deal, IMO.

This could be an important observation. Quotes don't always read the same as they sound in context, answering a question. I'm not claiming to have heard the press conference, but sometimes what is said doesn't quite equate with HOW it was said, if that makes sense.

This could be an important observation. Quotes don't always need the same as they sound in contexts, answering a question. I'm not claiming to have heard the press conference, but sometimes what is said doesn't quite equate with HOW it was said, if that makes sense.

Right. It didn't sound bad to me.

Syracuse's Sunday basketball puzzle: Injury, relative knee health, a converted walk-on

"I thought Bourama was good," Boeheim said. "We rested him. He got some treatment and I thought he was very, very good. He's not himself but he gave us 17 really good minutes. If we can get that out of Paschal and him - that helps our team."

"He's a confident kid and a strong-minded kid," SU big man coach Allen Griffin said. "The one thing about Bourama is he's honest. When he can't go, he tells coach, he tells myself, he tells Brad (Pike). He says, 'Hey listen, I can't go. It's really sore.' The honesty helps us to prepare for if he can play or if he can't play. He's been really great with his treatment and he's doing all he can."

I thought that quote was interesting.

Griffs quote is almost sounding like it’s saying it wasn’t cool for Moyers father to get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom