JB can still Coach | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JB can still Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
quite the stretch there.
I agree. It really isn't that big of a deal and I chalk it up to JB just being JB. Matt also likes to poke the bear some but the problem is JB continues to be the punchline because of the things he says. He gets bad publicity that he doesn't need. But if he doesn't care then its whatever.

I agree. It really isn't that big of a deal and I chalk it up to JB just being JB. Matt also likes to poke the bear some but the problem is JB continues to be the punchline because of the things he says. He gets bad publicity that he doesn't need. But if he doesn't care then its whatever.
Gutierrez is playing him like a fiddle. For all his genius he doesn’t have the wisdom to not take the bait. Habitual bait taker.

Gutierrez is playing him like a fiddle. For all his genius he doesn’t have the wisdom to not take the bait. Habitual bait taker.
Fourth Of July Wrestling GIF

How much money does Matthew Gutierrez make a year? How much respect does he have among his peers? Has he ever coached bbal on a level above CYO?

First page of ESPN just the look and attention we need.

Who cares ? Not a big deal. The reporter brought it on himself. Jb reads and hears everything and that tweet questioned his coaching saying syracuse would have 3 less losses if he had made those decisions.

Who cares ? Not a big deal. The reporter brought it on himself. Jb reads and hears everything and that tweet questioned his coaching saying syracuse would have 3 less losses if he had made those decisions.
Just to name a few. Lets start with Recruits, their parents, opposing coaches, the people who select bubble teams for the tournament.

How much money does Matthew Gutierrez make a year? How much respect does he have among his peers? Has he ever coached bbal on a level above CYO?
Candidly...who the heck cares? Look, I would not know Gutierrez on the street if I fell over him but those comments from Boeheim last night were completely out of line.

Criticism is easy. Doing the job can be hard. Totally understand that. However, I, personally, lose a lot of respect when somebody goes after someone for physical attributes or things outside their control. It is a bush league move. Period.

This continues to be particularly troubling when you are the face of the franchise so to speak. Here, Coach makes a lot of money and has a lot of perks leading a multi-million dollar program. Sometimes in life we SHOULD expect more from leaders.

Coach has done a number of tremendous things for this community and organizations big and small off the court. He has also gotten passes on a lot of things others might not have. Would the University sit idly if they heard a chemistry professor at a symposium make a comment deriding any physical characteristic from somebody who called into question a paper, analysis, finding, etc.

Long story short, I am 49 years old. I Have 4 season tickets for basketball, 5 for football and have been all over the country for SU football and basketball. I make a solid yearly donation outside of tickets, preferred seating, etc. so I do not have fleeting interest. My own opinion is this sort of thing is a bad look and he really should apologize. From a public relations standpoint, there is no upside to it.

When I was younger, I might have laughed at it. Now that I am older and have kids of my own, i just get tired of people being d***heads just to be d***heads. Just my take.

SUOrange44

who cares? You dont think this matters? Im sure recruits parents love seeing this type of stuff.

You gotta be kidding me. Recruits and their parents dont care that JB put a reporter stirring the pot in his place. They dont care.

The reporter is allowed to have an opinion.
JFC stop.

JB could tell the guy he is a moron without insulting his height.

Just to name a few. Lets start with Recruits, their parents, opposing coaches, the people who select bubble teams for the tournament.

Why would opposing coaches care ? Or the NCAA tournament selection committee ? Recruits and their parents certainly do not care they dont know who this guy even is.

If recruits and parents aren't scared off just by reading this message board after a game, they won't be fazed by ESPN.
We were told earlier this season recruits read the message board. So be careful what you say.

We were told earlier this season recruits read the message board. So be careful what you say.

No I said JB reads the message boards local print media and national. He reads twitter listens to podcasts local sports talk radio

Agree 100%. When we played Duke on Big Monday, Jay Bilas spent a whole bunch of airtime talking about the Jalen Johnson thing. That was after JAB's comments made the Top 10 "weak" moments on ESPN. Living here in NC, my friends who like other teams will watch 1-2 Cuse games per year. Not a good look when JAB is getting ripped on the limited national exposure

Now one can argue about the magnitude of these issues. I would agree they are probably only minor in the end. However, there is no way in can be dismissed as nothing. There is literally zero way to interpret as a positive.

No I said JB reads the message boards local print media and national. He reads twitter listens to podcasts local sports talk radio
I wasn’t talking about you when I made that post. Others have said recruits read the message board so be careful what you say.

To your other point JB has a right to rip whomever he wants. He doesn’t have a right to make fun of someone’s height when discussing their opinion about basketball.

Spub Webb was 5’6. Muggsy Bogues was 5’3”.
It was a bully cheapshot comment and JB deserves to get blasted for it.

Candidly...who the heck cares? Look, I would not know Gutierrez on the street if I fell over him but those comments from Boeheim last night were completely out of line.

Which is entirely possible... given you might not even see him.

Okay I take my leave...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors