JB defenders...a message to you... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

JB defenders...a message to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we had a tough as nails disciplinarian, or maybe a straight-as-a-string, humble model of probity and rectitude, then nothing embarrassing to the University would ever occur
We need a real outlaw in charge...let's bring Tark out of retirement. Tressel and Knight are p*ssies. We need to be the laughing stock of the world, not just college hoops. Bring back the Tark! Bring back the Tark! At least we're likely to play man defense!;) Syracuse Sharks (coached by Tark the Shark) has a nice ring to it too.

We need a real outlaw in charge...let's bring Tark out of retirement. Tressel and Knight are p*ssies. We need to be the laughing stock of the world, not just college hoops. Bring back the Tark! Bring back the Tark! At least we're likely to play man defense!;) Syracuse Sharks (coached by Tark the Shark) has a nice ring to it too.
Iommi, you're just the best. Hope you've been able to grow a few new layers of skin during our latest crisis.

And thanks for starting this storm of a thread. You have no idea how much I've enjoyed it.

Iommi, you're just the best. Hope you've been able to grow a few new layers of skin during our latest crisis.

And thanks for starting this storm of a thread. You have no idea how much I've enjoyed it.
I hope you realize the Tark post was in jest. Can't believe how epic this thread got. Glad I could provide you with all the entertainment. lol.

lol.

I think the only point is that as much as everyone feels like we're a laughingstock right now, it's pretty much the same everywhere. You could get rid of JB tomorrow and bring in Tark or saintly Tom Izzo and we would still have kids failing, getting arrested - it isn't JB and a lack of institutional control - it's big time college athletics.

Urban Meyer could start a small prison with all the arrests that have occurred on his watch - he's still the most super-awesomest-greatest guy ever for most people. If he has some Bernie Fine'ish type scandal tomorrow, all of a sudden he's an out of control coach that lets his players do whatever they want.

Paterno was a saint, then the Penn State comes to light, and then you hear about all these e-mails from people at Penn State about how Paterno pretty much had a different set of rules academically, and in every other way for his players and they felt pressured to comply. It's just reality - and nobody cares until they do.

I would bet a lot of money it goes on at Duke too - although maybe they stay cleaner by getting their player's parents cushy jobs. :) What do I know.

I'm just repeating myself now so I'll retire from the thread.

If Rick Majerus can't keep his players in line at a strict Catholic school like SLU, then maybe some of you need to reassess the state of college basketball instead of throwing JB under the bus.

All this thread proves is that some of the fans are as thin-skinned as the coach, if not more so. This is why Doug Gottlieb trolls our fan base. He knows some of us can't handle it.

And now what's the problem? Some of you can't handle defending your alma mater to friends and family? Really?

Maybe you should try switching to man-to-man.

If Rick Majerus can't keep his players in line at a strict Catholic school like SLU, then maybe some of you need to reassess the state of college basketball instead of throwing JB under the bus.

All this thread proves is that some of the fans are as thin-skinned as the coach, if not more so. This is why Doug Gottlieb trolls our fan base. He knows some of us can't handle it.

And now what's the problem? Some of you can't handle defending your alma mater to friends and family? Really?

Maybe you should try switching to man-to-man.
Good post, King...by the way, huge Otis Hill fan myself. Iy's not that I can't defend Syracuse; it's that I'm fed up with having to do it...It's also being increasingly difficult as we seemingly have a constant space on the ESPN crawl. I'm done with this thread too. Enough is enough. I made my points; some agreed, some disagreed. I vented and gave my opinion.

I hope you realize the Tark post was in jest. Can't believe how epic this thread got. Glad I could provide you with all the entertainment. lol.

After reading you for two days, how could I not know?

Anyway, it's all good, man. No matter our differences here we're all united in our passion for SU. Enjoy the tournament. Here's to a nice six game run.

Pretty sure Tark played an ameoba zone, not man-2-man.

I went to UGA for grad school. Someone from the football or basketball team got arrested damn near every other night in Athens. I've personally watched at least two Matthew Stafford drunken brawls on Clayton Ave, and another where his cronies did the dirty work.

UGA fans call for Mark Richt's head every year for his inability to stop his players from getting arrested. Still, I hear more b*tching from Syracuse fans. Maybe that's a product of what the media chooses to focus on, but for goodness sake, calm down people.

Chicken little must have about 13 different Syracusefan.com profiles.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?z0tjtk

I'm proud to take a moral high ground on this or any issue.

Yea, I might be late to this thread and all, and really I missed the whole meltdown and didn't find out until late Tuesday night.

I've read through it and I just want to come back to this point out the irony in a guy with that avatar and namesake preaching about morality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom