JB On Sidibe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

JB On Sidibe

I gave you a like for this, even though I disagree with your take that Sidibe is not even that guy.

He most surely can be, and was for 6 straight games to finish last season.
Double digit boards for 6 straight games.
Double digit scoring in 3. (And 9 points in another).

Including twice against UNC, who have historically abused us inside with their size.
CDB more then held his own against them.
35 mins both games, 17/15 & 12/13.

View attachment 193252

Nice. I guess I have a short memory on that front, as my mind didn't recall such solid play by him down the stretch/those last 6 as you displayed. Thanks. I can now see where the very high optimism lies with all of these posts relative to when he does come back how it's going to be a game changer, etc. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes him to be productive coming off his injury, let alone consistently. There's no doubt his presence will help, whether or not it's actually at a game changer type level, we'll just have to see. "Good things."

1608487756047.png

They wouldn't have won yesterday without the press, and UB is an athletic and big team. He might use it more often.
thing is the "best" players arent the best pressers on this roster...

buddy pretty often fails to intercept a floating pass that is dying to be picked off on the backend...hes decent with his hands and getting defections but he wouldnt be in my top 5 press players on this roster, JG3 too.

my press lineup would include kadary, griff, guerrier, and then you could use a big man to just foul at back...likely frank...and maybe throw braswel out there too...marek is good but he'dbe likely to foul and as the only center it would be risky.

i think it could be interesting to get some of the end of the bench out there as pressers...give them a role and actually make the press more effective. only thing is...once they get the balll...might be tough to score...but it should generally be a turnover and break opp anyway...

Get Sidibe back, who sits? Because Marek and Griffin bring something on offense and Q has been our best player.
No easy answer, but Sid, Woody and Kadary will give us some genuine options (assuming Sid is 100%. Griffin can swing to 2G which can help.

Sounds crazy but if Sid is healthy and playing well, I think bringing Marek off the bench is the best fit. You can sub him for any of the 3 frontcourt players.

Same reason I think Girard is the best fit off the bench at guard.(well that, and Kadary brings more skills to the table).

It wouldn’t hurt to give the 3 spare young centers some minutes, but this is JB’s rotation — so it won’t happen. If Sidibe is healthy, he and Marek will be our centers.
Kadary has earned his PG role — the majority of the minutes.

The rest will have to evolve. Not a bad things, as others have posted above, if none of our better guys (Buddy, QG, Griffin, Marek) have to be playing 30-plus minutes.
Generally, to give “growth minutes”, JB likes to have a good lead. Those guys not getting minutes is on our starters

Sadly I think Woody only see minutes if fouls are an issue.

Marek will rarely come off the court.
JB will need to use Sidibe because of his size in the ACC.
Q has been our best player and rebounder.
Griff will come off the bench I believe... but he’s been 1 of, if not our best, Shooter This year.
JB will also defer to any of the above 4 since they have a lot more experience than Woody, even if they are struggling.

I wouldn’t be surprised in an ACC game where 2 of the above are in foul trouble, JB goes to the 3 guard lineup and plays Buddy on the backline

Nice. I guess I have a short memory on that front, as my mind didn't recall such solid play by him down the stretch/those last 6 as you displayed. Thanks. I can now see where the very high optimism lies with all of these posts relative to when he does come back how it's going to be a game changer, etc. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes him to be productive coming off his injury, let alone consistently. There's no doubt his presence will help, whether or not it's actually at a game changer type level, we'll just have to see. "Good things."

View attachment 193260
Sometimes people say things so often it seems to become a fact. Bourama did not play well the last 6 games of the year. His foul prone lethargic play against Miami, in what was a huge game that we had to win, was a big factor in that real ugly loss. Stupid fouls by him really hurt us. Exactly what he was doing earlier in that year. He could have been a big factor in that game.

Sometimes people say things so often it seems to become a fact. Bourama did not play well the last 6 games of the year. His foul prone lethargic play against Miami, in what was a huge game that we had to win, was a big factor in that real ugly loss. Stupid fouls by him really hurt us. Exactly what he was doing earlier in that year. He could have been a big factor in that game.

I'll take 10 points, 12 rebounds and 3 blocks a game from him, even if it might be deceiving.

The team is getting better at pressing. With this deeper roster JB will probably employ it more often and use the bench for it.
i hope so...pressing with the length of this team is so effective...and pressing makes it easier to use the whole team...which i think will benefit the team in the long run too.

But JB hates to press. In the post game presser he said "Our press helped us a little bit..." High praise, indeed.

Ok he didn't have a great game vs Miami, but he did pretty well vs UNC, BC, UNC, Pitt and Ga Tech. Happy now?

Except he had 2points and 10 rebounds

But that's what he averaged the last 6 games, which is what we've been talking about. You are focusing on his worst game of the six. if Bourama's worst game this year is a game in which he had 2 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks and an assist before he fouled out after 26 minutes, he will have had a good year.

Last edited:
He had double digit rebounds in all 6 games and three double-doubles.

he averaged 10 and 12.

it was his best stretch of the entire season.

That’s high praise considering he’s been saying for over 5 years that we can’t press at all lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom