JB saying Frank is all league is... | Syracusefan.com

JB saying Frank is all league is...

Then tell him to declare for the draft.

Do all of your posts always have to be a shot at Frank? Was it Frank that made that comment? Thank god for Frank last night for us to even be in the game. Led the team in scoring. Led the team in assists. Led the team in steals. Was 3rd in rebounding even though he's the PG. And even his 4 turnovers (which isn't bad for 40 mins.) were deceiving because 2 of them were because a big didn't leave the floor for a pass over the top. You're just gonna be miserable the next 1 1/2 years as he's the starting PG this year and next.

Do all of your posts always have to be a shot at Frank? Was it Frank that made that comment? Thank god for Frank last night for us to even be in the game. Led the team in scoring. Led the team in assists. Led the team in steals. Was 3rd in rebounding even though he's the PG. And even his 4 turnovers (which isn't bad for 40 mins.) were deceiving because 2 of them were because a big didn't leave the floor for a pass over the top. You're just gonna be miserable the next 1 1/2 years as he's the starting PG this year and next.

Look, I have praised his progress numerous times lately. Yes he made some big shots. It’s not his fault he is playing out of position. But, if you think his handle is fine or that his speed/change of direction ability/pace is good enough against good guards then we aren’t watching the same game. The offense will continue to struggle against good competition as long as he is the PG, IMO. Obviously there are other issues but this shouldn’t be ignored.

Right... And if we are being honest I don’t think Battle has played any better than Frank the past few games.

Look, I have praised his progress numerous times lately. Yes he made some big shots. It’s not his fault he is playing out of position. But, if you think his handle is fine or that his speed/change of direction ability/pace is good enough against good guards then we aren’t watching the same game. The offense will continue to struggle against good competition as long as he is the PG, IMO. Obviously there are other issues but this shouldn’t be ignored.

The problem with this years team is lack of shooting, not Frank. We are last in the ACC in shooting percentage. Last in 3 pt. shooting percentage. Yet Frank is 3rd in assists. That says something.

I really hope he’s the starting 2 next year instead, but you’re probably right.

Great post Bees. Frank's made the sophomore leap but he did it in his junior year. There's no comparison from him last year to this year. He's a totally different guy. He's the clear leader on the floor and likely in the locker room. This is the first year he's ever run a team. But this stuff about how he's slow, his handle is loose, he's this he's that, JB is coddling him because he's mentally fragile, let's wait to see how he does against ACC guards, Washington would be better, he should be a 2 guard -- it's endless and it's group think. If Frank makes the Rakeem leap next year, he will be all league. Some guys just take longer. Last night there were even some ppl banging on him at halftime. It's ridiculous. Enough already.

Last edited:
The problem with this years team is lack of shooting, not Frank. We are last in the ACC in shooting percentage. Last in 3 pt. shooting percentage. Yet Frank is 3rd in assists. That says something.
Really great point

Franks a competitor and at many times was the only player keeping us in games we easily could’ve been blown out. He’s the difference of 3 wins in my opinion, maybe more.

He made a great pass to Brissett late yesterday cutting to the hoop and for about the 50th time this year the cutter(Brissett) fumbled it out of bounds.

Frank shoots 3’s too, last I checked. He’s part of that problem.

Frank gets assists because he dominates the ball and plays 40 minutes a game.

He’s improved but he’s not close to a Top 25 PG on a good team. Not even close. That’s why people are annoyed.

Narratives are fun too though.

He made a great pass to Brissett late yesterday cutting to the hoop and for about the 50th time this year the cutter(Brissett) fumbled it out of bounds.

Great idea, didn’t think the execution was 100% there. Will say my stream wasn’t great but looked like the pass led him too much.

He’s improved but he’s not close to a Top 25 PG on a good team. Not even close. That’s why people are annoyed.

Whose fault is it he's playing PG for 40?

You can't force a guy to play 40 minutes with zero better options, then be pissed off he doesn't perform up to a level that you arbitrarily choose.

People are annoyed? Apparently the coach on this team, who's only been around for 42 years, disagrees. I'm going with him. Btw, having the ball in your hands is how you get assists.

Great post Bees. Frank's made the sophomore leap but he did it in his junior year. There's no comparison from him last year to this year. He's a totally different guy. He's the clear leader on the floor and likely in the locker room. This is the first year he's ever run a team. But this stuff about how he's slow, his handle is loose, he's this he's that, JB is coddling him because he's mentally fragile, let's wait to see how he does against ACC guards, Washington would be better, he should be a 2 guard -- it's endless and it's group think. If Frank makes the Rakeem leap next year, he will be all league. Some guys just take longer. Last night there were even some ppl banging on him at halftime. It's ridiculous. Enough already.

He’s not slow. His handle is so so. Not great for a PG, but pretty good for a 2 or a “combo guard”. Better than it was Last year though, IMO. He’s way better than Washington now.(he’s a young player who will take time just like Frank has).

I do think he’s a more natural 2 guard. Not an insult. I think he’d play better and his strengths would come out more and weaknesses hidden better playing next to a big time pure PG - which we don’t have right now.

People are annoyed? Apparently the coach on this team, who's only been around for 42 years, disagrees. I'm going with him. Btw, having the ball in your hands is how you get assists.

He’s the best that coach has this year. Unfortunately we didn’t quite get Quade. Sucks because I think we’d be a lot more dynamic offensively after getting the chance to watch him play some. Hopefully Carey is ready to bring a similar dimension to next years team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom