JB | Syracusefan.com

JB

Same. Roberson looks decent out there right now. He's energetic, he's rebounding, he's not a screen door like Keita. He even scored a little.

I refuse to believe a top recruit cannot contribute, especially when you already have a center done for the yr and a starting forward unable to play.

These kids don't forget how to play the game.

Yeah, I can't say I understand it completely. Baye gets minutes it seems because he hustles, and plays okay defense (and that seems enough to warrant it for most), Roberson hustles his ass off...it seems like that should be enough under that criteria. And, well, he seems capable of rebounding.

Things like Roberson playing more always seem like a great topic when we have lost a game. The fact of the matter is that this team has been fragile all year and the law of averages caught up to us. Although we have gotten better on defense we have gotten worse on offense. Take away ONE PLAYER and we become just another pedestrian team.

Without a complete healthy team and one that starts making shots, our chances going forward are not very good at all. It saddens me greatly to say that but it is the truth.

I always thought we needed Roberson to get some minutes but JB is stubborn and is back to his short bench this year. He's only gone 8-9 deep a few times ever. I agree, Roberson is a solid scorer but is scared to shoot or make an aggressive move because JB will pull him if he misses.
I've never really been on the same page as JBs coaching style, very predictable most of the time, doesn't make adjustments well on the fly and is very stubborn.

He's a HOF coach so he always knows exactly what to do.

I'm probably one of the bigger JB apologists on the board but tonight he had an off game. I've thought all year long TR should have gotten more PT but I figured JB had reasons we were not privy to. Well he played him tonight so it's probably not poor grades or attitude, so what is it, loyalty to his upperclassmen? I don't think TR could have possibly played worse than BMK tonight. Still, through all his faults, I'm thrilled he's coach at SU.

are we surprised? Boeheim has said time and again Freshman rarely play at Syracuse.

Roberson has been absolutely horrible with the minutes he's received. He didn't deserve any. Tonight was a glimpse.

Same. Roberson looks decent out there right now. He's energetic, he's rebounding, he's not a screen door like Keita. He even scored a little.

Energetic with 2 minutes left in the game really?

It's becoming obvious that Mike G cannot play on the backline at SF. He doesn't rebound at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom