JBA | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

JBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bol is that rare player who finds a way to translate the energy and joy off the bench into being a contributor and a key asset to the team. Having that energy and piece gives me hope for the season. Everybody just seems to have better energy and body language out there with Bol being part of it.

On top of that- seeing what he brings now- I hope he exhausts every second of eligibility he can get.

But I was told JB doesn’t develop players anymore.
The only reason he got any run is because players were injured/Sick/ejected against Bryant. Otherwise he would still be sitting on the bench. Crazy what happens when players are given a chance to show what they can do in extended minutes.

He played I believe the last 4 minutes against Leigh in the first game and then didn’t play another minute until pressed into action against Bryant.

The only reason he got any run is because players were injured/Sick/ejected against Bryant. Otherwise he would still be sitting on the bench. Crazy what happens when players are given a chance to show what they can do in extended minutes.

He played I believe the last 4 minutes against Leigh in the first game and then didn’t play another minute until pressed into action against Bryant.
Is he a better player now compared to when he first stepped foot on campus?

Is he a better player now compared to when he first stepped foot on campus?
The more you do something the better you get at said task. Please show me a player in college basketball that is not better now than when they showed up on campus?

He needs his own thread. That’s all. You don’t want 5 of him on your team, but you need 1.

Love this kid. His high low passes are a lost art. Double the post from the corner defense was also super.

At some point in the second half. Jessie had the ball in the post and JBA sprinted across court drawing the double team defender with him.

Little stuff like that matters.

Glad to see him and Benny on the count together…Also got a glimpse of why I’m not sure it’s a good idea.
Thing is, you can tell the other players all LOVE him. They root for him on the bench and go nuts when he scores.

He's well-respected and well-liked by the players, and I think he's an example of what can happen when you persevere in JB's system. We may not like JB's antics and public ripping of players, but he's rarely wrong about what players need to do to be productive.

Our myriad transfers who haven't flourished in new systems are a good example that JB knows what it takes to maximize performance.

JBA is the end result of someone who sticks around and listens. He will never be dominant, but he has decided to do absolutely everything in his role to help the team. His energy, his smile, and his obvious love of SU are infectious. A lot of folks are upset he's getting minutes over Maliq, but (and this will be a controversial take) I trust JB.

Maliq is athletic and can make things happen, but JBA is showing he deserves this time. He's good on defense, understands his role on offense, and does exactly what's needed. He has done everything right while at SU and is worthy of this time.

I hope Maliq looks at him as an example of what is needed to get on the court. I think Maliq's ceiling is a ton higher than JBA's, but hopefully, watching and learning, and working hard in practice will pay dividends for Maliq as it has for JBA.

Last edited:
The more you do something the better you get at said task. Please show me a player in college basketball that is not better now than when they showed up on campus?
It’s one thing to improve a bit. It’s another to improve to the extent where you can have a meaningful impact in games.

It’s one thing to improve a bit. It’s another to improve to the extent where you can have a meaningful impact in games.
And my point is we would have never seen this from JBA if it wasn’t for the players that were injuried/ejected/sick.

Which has nothing to do with my point. He’s developed into a capable player. And he was ready when called upon. That’s a good thing.
It’s the coaches job to put the best lineup out there to win games. You can’t brag that Jim built the player when he wouldn’t actually play the player in the first place. Who knows if JBA would have done this last year if given actual time to show his ability. We will never know. But over the past 3 years there have been multiple players that we were told couldn’t compete and/or couldn’t add to the team. And then when those players were pressed into action out of necessity they played very well; deserved more minutes, and added to the quality of our team.

Your point was JB still got it and all us “haters” know nothing. My point was he also misread his team and the lineups and it has been happening the past several years.

It’s the coaches job to put the best lineup out there to win games. You can’t brag that Jim built the player when he wouldn’t actually play the player in the first place. Who knows if JBA would have done this last year if given actual time to show his ability. We will never know. But over the past 3 years there have been multiple players that we were told couldn’t compete and/or couldn’t add to the team. And then when those players were pressed into action out of necessity they played very well; deserved more minutes, and added to the quality of our team.

Your point was JB still got it and all us “haters” know nothing. My point was he also misread his team and the lineups and it has been happening the past several years.
Over the last week, we beat Notre Dame on the road, scored 95 points, and blew out Georgetown by 19. Try to enjoy it.

Very good role player. Perfect spark plug and makes very few mistakes. With a young team he is exactly what the team needs.

Glad to see him blossoming... Most improved player over his career on current squad, as he really looked like a lost big project when he arrived and was hard to see how he'd develop enough to contribute... Really pleasantly surprised by his progress and his infectious intensity...

Over the last week, we beat Notre Dame on the road, scored 95 points, and blew out Georgetown by 19. Try to enjoy it.
I enjoy every Syracuse victory. But none of those wins are GOOD wins. Oakland is 2-9, ND is 7-2 (with a great win against Mich St but lost to st. Boniventure, and beat Redford (3), Youngstown st (7), lipscomb(1), Boston(6) by less than 7 points each), and Geortown hasn’t won a P5 game in over 25 games and it was last against Syracuse last year when they went 0-19 in Big East.

We have no idea who this team is yet. Our wins have come against teams with a combined record of 25-32 which is severely inflated by ND and there very soft wins. We have won the games were were supposed to win and lost to every competitive team we have played.

Sorry I am not wearing the Orange glasses you are and can look at the team from a different perspective. It doesn’t make me any less of a fan than you are.

I enjoy every Syracuse victory. But none of those wins are GOOD wins. Oakland is 2-9, ND is 7-2 (with a great win against Mich St but lost to st. Boniventure, and beat Redford (3), Youngstown st (7), lipscomb(1), Boston(6) by less than 7 points each), and Geortown hasn’t won a P5 game in over 25 games and it was last against Syracuse last year when they went 0-19 in Big East.

We have no idea who this team is yet. Our wins have come against teams with a combined record of 25-32 which is severely inflated by ND and there very soft wins. We have won the games were were supposed to win and lost to every competitive team we have played.

Sorry I am not wearing the Orange glasses you are and can look at the team from a different perspective. It doesn’t make me any less of a fan than you are.
Try harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors