JBA | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

JBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's contributing to my surprise. I had written him off as someone who won't contribute and then stunned when JB started regularly playing him the last few games. JB must have seen something in practice to give JBA the nod over Brown in recent games, and I cant really question the decision.

And to think he wanted to transfer after the 21 season ended.

I still think scoring comes easier for Brown but JBA is doing a little bit of everything. Him and Hima were key at the end of the 1st half to extend the lead with Jesse out.

Last edited:
I enjoy every Syracuse victory. But none of those wins are GOOD wins. Oakland is 2-9, ND is 7-2 (with a great win against Mich St but lost to st. Boniventure, and beat Redford (3), Youngstown st (7), lipscomb(1), Boston(6) by less than 7 points each), and Geortown hasn’t won a P5 game in over 25 games and it was last against Syracuse last year when they went 0-19 in Big East.

We have no idea who this team is yet. Our wins have come against teams with a combined record of 25-32 which is severely inflated by ND and there very soft wins. We have won the games were were supposed to win and lost to every competitive team we have played.

Sorry I am not wearing the Orange glasses you are and can look at the team from a different perspective. It doesn’t make me any less of a fan than you are.
What’s it like, as a fan of Syracuse, to only enjoy “good” wins of your own subjective criteria? Does it impact you during the game watching itself? Like Benny smashes home a dunk in the paint & you’re like, “nah, not a good win though” - that’s… something. Not sure I’d enjoy that version of fandom

Good analysis and conversation. Sorry I am not a blind loyalist and don’t turn my brain off when I watch the game. I actually analyze and get into what I’m watching.
I’m not going to bite on your tangents and unfounded insults.

Orangefog, I agree. I am convinced that when JBA comes in the teams defensive energy picks up. Intensity is contagious.
Could he rub off a lot on Joe. I really haven’t seen someone less interested in defense since NBA. He just doesn’t try at all. I don’t get it. Anyways I love how JBA try’s to push our intensity up a notch.

But I was told JB doesn’t develop players anymore.
No, I think he still does, he just doesn’t play them until he has too lol

What’s it like, as a fan of Syracuse, to only enjoy “good” wins of your own subjective criteria? Does it impact you during the game watching itself? Like Benny smashes home a dunk in the paint & you’re like, “nah, not a good win though” - that’s… something. Not sure I’d enjoy that version of fandom
Watching a game and how it goes is completely independent of looking at a stretch of games and looking at the totality of the season and expectations. Not sure why that is incomprehensible to understand.

I’m not going to bite on your tangents and unfounded insults.
Yet I never actually see you expand on anything when you post. It’s just a sentence or 2 defending JB and nothing else. Just like you told me to try harder. Try harder at what? Being a fan?

Williams and Bell need to play the high post like JBA. Their added offense ability would make it even more effective.

Benny but not Bell, so much. We need him as a threat from three. Benny at the foul line makes a ton of sense, though. We saw some of that against Georgetown.

It’s the coaches job to put the best lineup out there to win games. You can’t brag that Jim built the player when he wouldn’t actually play the player in the first place. Who knows if JBA would have done this last year if given actual time to show his ability. We will never know. But over the past 3 years there have been multiple players that we were told couldn’t compete and/or couldn’t add to the team. And then when those players were pressed into action out of necessity they played very well; deserved more minutes, and added to the quality of our team.

Your point was JB still got it and all us “haters” know nothing. My point was he also misread his team and the lineups and it has been happening the past several years.
Wasn't it the Pitt game last year where JAB put JBA in the game and the fans went nuts, asking why he would put such a stiff in a critical situation?
Maybe Coach knows a thing or two about developing players.

I enjoy every Syracuse victory. But none of those wins are GOOD wins. Oakland is 2-9, ND is 7-2 (with a great win against Mich St but lost to st. Boniventure, and beat Redford (3), Youngstown st (7), lipscomb(1), Boston(6) by less than 7 points each), and Geortown hasn’t won a P5 game in over 25 games and it was last against Syracuse last year when they went 0-19 in Big East.

We have no idea who this team is yet. Our wins have come against teams with a combined record of 25-32 which is severely inflated by ND and there very soft wins. We have won the games were were supposed to win and lost to every competitive team we have played.

Sorry I am not wearing the Orange glasses you are and can look at the team from a different perspective. It doesn’t make me any less of a fan than you are.
Every win is a good win.

Every win is a good win.
Sorry, you are correct. Any win is a good win. Any given Sunday. That is why they play the game because nothing is guaranteed.

What I should have said was those wins do not instill a ton of confidence about the way we are playing or how the rest of the year will go. I still don’t believe we are a tournament team. Young team that is still getting better and improving. But right now we are not playing at a tournament level.

Benny but not Bell, so much. We need him as a threat from three. Benny at the foul line makes a ton of sense, though. We saw some of that against Georgetown.
I agree that Benny should be better at the foul line but I seem to remember 1 game were Bell had good play at the same location giving thoughts of it working.

I agree that Benny should be better at the foul line but I seem to remember 1 game were Bell had good play at the same location giving thoughts of it working.

Yeah, I think you're right.

No one’s clamoring for the team to be ranked or saying they’re a second weekend tournament team. Given the youth it’s clear to see that the team is growing and gelling which is easy to get excited about. Who cares how a team wins as long as they win, especially given what this team has looked like as little as a week or two ago.

Yet I never actually see you expand on anything when you post. It’s just a sentence or 2 defending JB and nothing else. Just like you told me to try harder. Try harder at what? Being a fan?
Enjoying the wins.

Wow. I would think viewers are capable of a higher level of complexity than that.

Sounds like a You problem.

JBA's free throws were perfect and if he could do that in a game with his jumper the world would open up for this offense. What an excellent sparkplug he is for this team.

The 4 coming off the bench have added something each time in these last wins and shown something in the losses as well.

I'm a little late to this party, but I was blown away by what he brought to the floor on Saturday. He is limited skill-wise but he does everything right and that can hide some of the blemishes. He moves without the ball, he is a terrific passer with good vision, he battles for every board and loose ball, he's almost always where he's supposed to be on defense. It's really quite fun to watch. He has absolutely carved out a role for himself and looks to be a 15+ MPG the rest of the way. Really cool to see.

I think JB has found his nine player rotation.

I would still like to see Malik Brown worked into the 2nd unit to provide rebounding. Just 8-10 minutes a game, when Benny and Bell are both coming up short on the boards. There will be games where that happens, for sure. He makes all the simple plays. He isn't looking to try ones that are "high degree of difficulty".

That's Copeland's problem right now. If he made the simple plays more consistently, he would be playing more. He's trying too hard. It turns out that these last few games, JBA is giving us what I thought we would see from Copeland - more fluidity in the half court offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors