JB's -bombs actually cheered me up | Syracusefan.com

JB's -bombs actually cheered me up

swish7

All Conference
I never felt we were going to win @ Duke @fter BC, until we actually started playing it. This game was ours to take control of. We had 'em in the 1st half. We started playing low-iq O. Then we didn't have them. In the 2nd, the refs dictated the outcome. It super-sucks. I'm with Lawrinson there. There were so many bad calls, many worse bad calls than the charge on Grant. JB's outburst provide some therapy.

Yet, I come away from this game with a fresh outlook. Our D was stellar tonight. Really, really stellar. By itself, it can carry us to the sweet 16, which is always my measuring stick.

Our offensive IQ is suspect. We take harder shots than we have to. Fair's turnovers continue to be a disappointment. Cooney's slumping. Yet we have still have Ennis. When he's on his A game, there is hope. And we have Keita, who gives us little on offense, but 5 more fouls so that Rak can play more.

So at least we have a shot to return to form. The gloom of the BC game is lifted. We still don't box out. Our bigs still shoot 3' jumpers and attempt 5' dunks that fall 1' short. Despite all this it took some bad reffing to keep us from beating a hell of a Duke team on their home floor. If we can bottle up that energy and bring it everygame, we will again be a force come March.

He doesn't seem like an old man who wants to retire, that's for sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom