JBs Performance tonight | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

JBs Performance tonight

When have you ever seen JB leave a player out there when they are constantly missing assignments on defense and late on rotations? If Chewy is late on one rotation he gets yanked. If OB or Hughes miss rotation they get yanked. I don't remember any Freshman especially having as bad as game as Buddy on both ends and playing 40 minutes.

Any bad comments about the player to the media? Like Buddy made as many shots as a dead guy? Why? Is he not treated the same as any other player?

Tony Scott once went 3-16 in an NCAA tourney loss.

Tony Scott once went 3-16 in an NCAA tourney loss.

He wasn't a revolving door on defense that night. I have seen JB give players extra rope when they are missing shots on offense if they are making the correct plays. I haven't seen him give them extra rope for missing assignments and rotations on defense.

Offensive ratings for our guards:
Battle - 111
Boeheim - 109
Howard - 98
Carey - 77

PER for our guards:
Battle - 18.1
Boeheim - 14.9
Howard - 12.4
Carey - 8.4

I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong. The ESPN recap below says 70-66 - and then back-to-back UConn 3s made it 76-66, which is a 10 point deficit, not 9 points. KenPom's win probability graph shows the same sequence of events.

Genuinely curious to know where you're finding the 70-67 score and a max deficit of only 9 points thereafter... kind of a weird point to dispute, I know, but you're wrong.

Syracuse vs. UConn - Game Recap - November 15, 2018 - ESPN

View attachment 157166
We're talking about last night's game.

TS% for our guards:
Battle - .531
Boeheim - .528
Howard - .496
Carey - .468

Buddy gave up at least 11 wide open threes and missed all his shots. How much worse could Carey of been?
Buddy's other major issue on defense last night was allowing Mason to dribble past him into the middle of the zone which you almost never see and renders the zone almost defenseless.
The kid averaged around 16 minutes per game during he's season and was asked to play 38 in the high altitude on the biggest stage of his life. I suspect even Juli would have agreed that Buddy could have used more breathers to catch his breath figuratively and literally. Really inexplicable decision by JB, especially since Buddy didn't have it offensively last night. Yes Frank put JB in a bad position with depth but there is no way Buddy should have been left out there for 38.

TOV%:
Battle - 9.9
Boeheim - 10.8
Howard - 18.5
Carey - 30.6

Take the emotion out of it fellas. Season long numbers don’t lie.

It’s not even remotely close.

We had 3 playable guards in a close NCAA do or die game, and one of them was not available.

you're comparing 3 guards who see major run and flow to 1 guard who comes off the bench for 2 minutes every couple of games.. not exactly apples to apples. we don't know what carey would do at a 20 minute steady clip. he never got the opportunity to show us.

you're comparing 3 guards who see major run and flow to 1 guard who comes off the bench for 2 minutes every couple of games.. not exactly apples to apples. we don't know what carey would do at a 20 minute steady clip. he never got the opportunity to show us.
yeah because everyone knows if you play terrible for 2 minutes, you deserve 20 minutes.

yeah because everyone knows if you play terrible for 2 minutes, you deserve 20 minutes.

Last night Buddy showed me if you play terrible for 2 minutes you can get 40 minutes.

Actually he did.

He was starting and playing about 20 mpg in November and December.

He struggled.

Carey should have been in to provide potential transition. Transition would’ve upset the pace the Baylor dictated the entire game.

How effortless was Battle’s steal, spin off and sprint downcourt into a dunk? The zone works best when we’re turning turnovers into quick points.

You guys act like Carey went in, committed several freshman fouls and multiple freshman turnovers. Nope, that was our veterans forwards.

That’s hindsight though.

A guy like Buddy can be having a bad game and then bury 2-3 3’s in a heartbeat.

I’m not exactly sure what people think Jalen would’ve done out there with big minutes.
I didn't say big minutes. Jalen has struggled no doubt. However, Buddy needed some bench time last night, and any other Frosh in a similar circumstance with a similar track record would have garnered some IMHO

When have you ever seen JB leave a player out there when they are constantly missing assignments on defense and late on rotations? If Chewy is late on one rotation he gets yanked. If OB or Hughes miss rotation they get yanked. I don't remember any Freshman especially having as bad as game as Buddy on both ends and playing 40 minutes.
We didn't have other options.

Putting Carey in allows Battle to play off the ball and we might have seen a different Battle, may be...

Take the emotion out of it fellas. Season long numbers don’t lie.

It’s not even remotely close.

We had 3 playable guards in a close NCAA do or die game, and one of them was not available.
Do you think JB took the emotion out of it last night in deciding to ride Buddy for 39 minutes? Just curious
not taking shots. Al McGuire who when coaching his son said in the crunch you side with your son. I am intrigued to no how JBs process is.

I didn't say big minutes. Jalen has struggled no doubt. However, Buddy needed some bench time last night, and any other Frosh in a similar circumstance with a similar track record would have garnered some IMHO

If we had a playable guard, he would’ve got bench time. Frank’s fault.

Jalen’s turnover rates are so incredibly bad. I don’t think some are really giving that the importance it deserves.

How many turnovers did Buddy have last night?

We're talking about last night's game.
lol - no wonder i was confused then. i had initially jumped in to dispute the characterization of Jalen's play at MSG earlier this year as dominant... didn't realize we were talking about different games. my apologies for the confusion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom