JBs Performance tonight | Syracusefan.com

JBs Performance tonight

orangeinnyc

Starter
Maybe the worst game I’ve seen him coach. The fact he just let buddy get abused all night on D while giving us absolutely nothing on offense was a killer. Every time down they attacked him. He’s going to be a good player for us and I’m a fan but he shouldn’t have played 40 mins. Huge reason we lost.

Let's see. So each team was playing zone for a while. Baylor's zone was getting torched and they switched to man..and we couldnt score against it.

we, however, unable to do anything but play zone, couldnt switch out of it and get them out of their rhythymn

Ill never understand why we have to play 100 percent zone. i get it.. we are a zone team..but geez..this game sure illustrates the value in being able to switch it about a bit in crisis.

Name another option? Carey is not ready. Who else Braswell who has played about 8 mins since December?
Buddy sucked tonight, both offensively and defensively. But there were no other options available. Howard's suspension put the team in a hole.

40 minutes lmao. I get it. Howard was out and it was a huge factor. But we still have some guards. 40? Come on

Let's see. So each team was playing zone for a while. Baylor's zone was getting torched and they switched to man..and we couldnt score against it.

we, however, unable to do anything but play zone, couldnt switch out of it and get them out of their rhythymn

Ill never understand why we have to play 100 percent zone. i get it.. we are a zone team..but geez..this game sure illustrates the value in being able to switch it about a bit in crisis.
You are right in my opinion. Teams have to be able to play both defenses these days. There are too many teams with multiple 3-point shooters to play zone 100% of the time. But we know JB will not change. So it's either live with it or get rid of him. And it's rather hard to fire a HOF coach.

Buddy sucked tonight, both offensively and defensively. But there were no other options available. Howard's suspension put the team in a hole.

I agree buddy was very poor. I think we should have played Carey more mins. Buddy just killed us on D. He couldn’t stay in front of anyone and gave up way to many open looks. Very disssppinted JB adding adjust here.

We need to groom a bench.
every starter needs a recharge and every bench player needs some real minutes. i always hear "it's gonna cost us a game if he plays" do want to know what really cost us several second halves and many games this year ? no bench development and as a result tired starters. it cost us tonite.

Last edited:
I agree buddy was very poor. I think we should have played Carey more mins. Buddy just killed us on D. He couldn’t stay in front of anyone and gave up way to many open looks. Very disssppinted JB adding adjust here.
We all know Carey had a VERY short leash this year. After that ridiculous charge against him in the 1st half it was unlikely we would see him in the 2nd half.

We all know Carey had a VERY short leash this year. After that ridiculous charge against him in the 1st half it was unlikely we would see him in the 2nd half.
Tbh Carey was just as bad on offense as buddy. Thought his D was better though and I know he’s lightning quick so not sure why we wouldn’t have him in when we press. Again that’s on JB. That’s why I think this is one of his worst performances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom