JB's Presser after Tech | Syracusefan.com

JB's Presser after Tech

Damn i wish i could hear the questions... a minute in this is frustrating.

Pretty perfect vibe for this loss.

But that last answer is right: find another way to win when you don't shoot well. They don't have one. It's maddening because almost every SU team I can remember would win games with defense alone.

Is JB wearing a neck roll?
Maybe it's a cowboy collar.

IMG_0720.JPG

Should have asked him: Coach has your team ever faced a 1-3-1 zone before because they looked clueless?

JB prefers Gillon to Frank is annoyed when anoyne asks. I don't think even think JB is a big Gillon fan - I just think he loathes Howard at this point. If FH comes back next year he'll get Robey treatment

He praised Roberson.

Then torched Howard.

So, progress?
I must have missed the question about Roberson.

He's wrong about Gillon, but JB says stuff.

I'm not convinced he likes this team.

"He's the best PG we've got by 10 miles. So it's not even a question I would think somebody that watches us play all the time would ask."

This is a good summary of the inflexibility I can't stand. The 2-3 is our best defense, so we will play it all the time unless we have to press out of desperation. Player X is our best Position Y so he will play unless he gets hurt or fouls out.

It's such a bizarre unwillingness to adapt to to the fact that a particular defense might not be the best defense at a particular junction in a game, or that a particular player might not be the best player on a given a night. This is our system, if it works we win, if not we lose, but we won't change the formula. So frustrating.

I must have missed the question about Roberson.

He's wrong about Gillon, but JB says stuff.

I'm not convinced he likes this team.

"Do you like this team?"

"If Red, Mike and Gerry went out and recruited anybody else for me...ANYBODY else"'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom