jd's finest loses in kings of kings championship game | Syracusefan.com

jd's finest loses in kings of kings championship game

Doesn't look like Triche posted big numbers in the summer league. I think Coleman will put up big rebounding numbers next season, which was lacking from the center position the last couple seasons. Not since Jackson graduated have we had a rebounding presence in the paint.

Doesn't look like Triche posted big numbers in the summer league. I think Coleman will put up big rebounding numbers next season, which was lacking from the center position the last couple seasons. Not since Jackson graduated have we had a rebounding presence in the paint.

i think some of that has to do with the 2-3. there are a lot of long shots and a lot of long rebounds vs a 2-3.

rick was just a monster on the boards though, whether he was in the middle or on the wing.

Has a team with SU players ever won that league? As I recall, most of the SU guys never make all their games.

557370_960952072319_239980221_n.jpg

That is the team that won?!

Over Triche, Coleman and MCW?

I mean... Im not trying to judge a book by its cover here... but that looks like a high school team from WV to me.

"I will take division 3 all americans over d1 bums any day...just ran through the king of kings!!! Champs are here!!!" ~Sean Burton who i am guessing is on that team. i got the picture from facebook.

"I will take division 3 all americans over d1 bums any day...just ran through the king of kings!!! Champs are here!!!" ~Sean Burton who i am guessing is on that team. i got the picture from facebook.

The guys in that picture...this is their season. Our boys have bigger fish to fry and can't afford to get hurt playing against hacker, roid raging wannabees. Every adult league has one of those teams. They enjoy fouling hard and playing like the Argentines.

557370_960952072319_239980221_n.jpg

That is the team that won?!

Over Triche, Coleman and MCW?

I mean... Im not trying to judge a book by its cover here... but that looks like a high school team from WV to me.

Wow. Those are some athletic dudes, but wow.

I thought I read that one of the guys on the winners was Scott Knapp who played at Siena. I believe when he graduated VVS he was the top 3 point shooter in NYS history. I would guess that would have been broken now as it has been at least 10 or 12 years. Had a real nice career at Siena. Not sure who the other guys are.

I believe our guys are working out twice a day and playing this tourney at night. Triche has a 6am workout and another after lunch (per his radio show) no way he is going all out for these games.

The guys in that picture...this is their season. Our boys have bigger fish to fry and can't afford to get hurt playing against hacker, roid raging wannabees. Every adult league has one of those teams. They enjoy fouling hard and playing like the Argentines.

This.

My friends and I used to play in Queens all the time and if we all played on the same team we would beat teams whose worst player was 10 times better than any of us. We always chalked it up to, one, we play together a lot, two, we could could shoot threes like m***erf***ers, and three, they didn't play much defense and didn't take the games as seriously we did.

The defense being the big thing - bunch of kids that can shoot threes can do some damage if the other team doesn't care to defend.

If they wanted to beat us though - I would imagine they could by a lot.

Burton played at IC and is one of the best 3 point shooters you will ever see. He played overseas professionally in iceland.

Not since Jackson graduated have we had a rebounding presence in the paint.

I know its been a long time, but isn't that just one season (or are you thinking Luke)?

Guys, guys do you not realize these guys are jimmy chitwood and the hoosiers the last all white team that won anything!

Guys, guys do you not realize these guys are jimmy chitwood and the hoosiers the last all white team that won anything!
Did jimmy have a brother named Joie who had a thrill show? I love that guy.

Some "not to favorable reviews" of Mr. Triche were coming in from king of kings. He is what he is folks.. a nice role player. Don't expect him to move mountains this season.

Some "not to favorable reviews" of Mr. Triche were coming in from king of kings. He is what he is folks.. a nice role player. Don't expect him to move mountains this season.
Yes sir he has reached his mountain top, im expecting what we have already seen from him, a solid role player who will play for pay somewhere over seas next year.

Really? We're in deep trouble then since MCW did less. Were the reviews "superstar" when he tore up this league and other summer tours he did? Maybe when he averaged 30+ on that all star team? BTW, the actual review from Mr. Triche was that he focused on being a PG and not scoring.

You guys take too much from some of these things that don't mean anything, especially when it fits your arguments.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yes sir he has reached his mountain top, im expecting what we have already seen from him, a solid role player who will play for pay somewhere over seas next year.

I dont understand they mystery when it comes to people who dont understand why Triche hasn't taken the "next step" HE IS SLOW. This limits his ability to dominate from his position. It doesn't mean he isnt a useful piece and he is very strong for a PG. But it puts a ceiling on someone like him who is sort of a slasher type. If he were a gifted set up guy like Steve Nash or even Z Sims, his lack of speed would not really be a big factor in his game..but he is nothing like that.

... BTW, the actual review from Mr. Triche was that he focused on being a PG and not scoring.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Oh no. We have to put up with another season of "BT is [or should be] our PG".

I was wondering why the numbers were so low for Triche's assists in that last game, but then I read the actual story from the PS blog and saw that he tried to get Coleman going but they fouled him and it sounds like he didn't convert. And then he missed his free throws.

I love all the experts on here seeing low numbers from Triche in a summer league game and calling his career essentially over.

I like Triche, but have never felt that he has the drive to be "the man", nor the athletic explosiveness that the elite guys have. Some of that is because he is a team player and there were studs and upperclassman on the team that he deferred to. I am taking a wait and see attitude. From the consensus on the board he will be playing the two guard this year. That will put him in a good position to be the scorer that we have been waiting for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom