jd's finest loses in kings of kings championship game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

jd's finest loses in kings of kings championship game

Brandon Triche's entire career really can only be summed up 1 way:

Unspectaculary solid.

It is no coincidence that the kid started since day 1 and that he will more than likely go down as the all time winningest Orangeman.

He's had games/moments of spectacular. But he's been extraordinarily solid in terms of fundamentals. I actually enjoyed orangefan13s description of his game because what he said is what I see on the floor (which kind of scares me that I 1) understood his post and 2) agreed with the majority of it). He's tipped more balls away from opposing big guys than any other guard I can remember at SU. He understands the zone and the angles and more often than not is the guard who tips passes away into the hands of one of his team mates. He has more explosiveness than a lot of guards (although I see MCW being fairly explosive as well) we've had in recent years. I hope he has been working on his three point shot and getting his feet set and rising straight up. That's one thing that bugs me - he lets the momentum of his body coming off screens move his shot too far one way or the other and ends up missing. I hope he can shoot that three off the dribble as well this year. Consistency is really what I want most from him though.

I look forward to your silence when Triche builds on his very solid first three years and tears through the Big East as a senior.
I certainly hope so. Because another average year out of BT, 30+ wins and a decent tourney run, and the detractors will never let him live it down. What a wasteful time on the Hill that would be.

Seems BT is a little bland for some. If only he had an early meal card episode, or swore at the coach, or punched a girl (or mascot or turnsignal). Something tangible people here could relate to. Personal demons just don't cut it.

Yes lets pretend bt is deron williams because some of you are a bunch of babies when it comes to describing our players without the superfan glasses on. you guys talk like hes a lottery pick, how do you handle real world scenarios at games or out in public when non cuse fans who are knowledgeable tell it like it is ? I bet you dont say anything.

Yes lets pretend bt is deron williams because some of you are a bunch of babies when it comes to describing our players without the superfan glasses on. you guys talk like hes a lottery pick, how do you handle real world scenarios at games or out in public when non cuse fans who are knowledgeable tell it like it is ? I bet you dont say anything.
Considering your history of fawning over Dion Waiters that might be your funniest stuff ever.

Now please direct me to the BT superfan posts in this thread because I can't seem to find any.

Considering your history of fawning over Dion Waiters that might be your funniest stuff ever.

Now please direct me to the BT superfan posts in this thread because I can't seem to find any.
You mean the very first one to see his nba talent. Are you knowledageable on anything?

You mean the very first one to see his nba talent. Are you knowledageable on anything?
Please answer my question and show me where the BT superfan posts are in this thread. I'll wait.

Please answer my question and show me where the BT superfan posts are in this thread. I'll wait.
yours for one, who thinks that you cant critique a players game.

yours for one, who thinks that you cant critique a players game.
So stating that someone is a very solid player makes me a superfan? Wow. And where in this thread or elsewhere have I ever said it's not okay to critique a player's game?

So stating that someone is a very solid player makes me a superfan? Wow. And where in this thread or elsewhere have I ever said it's not okay to critique a player's game?
no attacking others who dont agree with your point of view must mean everyone has an agenda according to you.

no attacking others who dont agree with your point of view must mean everyone has an agenda according to you.
So disagreeing with a post now constitutes "attacking others" in your mind? Sorry, I'm done with you for today. Not sure why I even bothered trying to have a coherent discussion with you, as you're clearly not interested.

So disagreeing with a post now constitutes "attacking others" in your mind? Sorry, I'm done with you for today. Not sure why I even bothered trying to have a coherent discussion with you, as you're clearly not interested.
your argument is the same all the time with your generalized description of bt. where are you utah?

You're generally correct. I've found that about 8 times out of 10, that when these supposedely knowledgeable opposing fans start ripping BT that all I have to do is point to the scoreboard. That generally shuts them up.

we need some rational, knowledgeable non cuse fans to chime in on bt who have actually seen him play enough to make an accurate assessment on him.

we need some rational, knowledgeable non cuse fans to chime in on bt who have actually seen him play enough to make an accurate assessment on him.

Like Jay Bilas?

http://www.idiotsonsports.com/2011/12/syracuse-beats-florida-in-shadow-of.html

Jay Bilas said during the broadcast he thought Brandon Triche could be the teams' best player. By the end of the year he could be right.
Sure he didn't account for Dion exploding, but I think his assessment skills are above average.

Not saying I disagree that people do overblow players, but they also tend to underate players. It happens all the times. Do you think anyone thought Scoop, D-nic, Jackson, or Rautins would bring it the way they did as seniors in the last 6 years?

Expect Brandon to score more off of his hustle into the lane as a offguard, and to run some more PG as well. We have the scoring heads to run brandon as a Point, especially if Rak or Dajuan show some scoring inside.

Brandon will try to add more to his game thats what he did in the King of Kings running the point. He already knows how to play SG hes been doing it the last two years. What if MCW ever had to sit or was in foul trouble. Put one and two together.
And JB is going to try to run more offense through him and James, because thats what JB does with Seniors. I wouldn't be surprised to see brandon only average 12-13 this year if he runs more effective point for 15 minutes. Furthermore, we don't know what we have out of MCW, he may be a better first/second scoring option then triche.

Posts knocking on Triches one chance to get to the NBA as a Senior, when Rak and Southerland themselves stated "we are running things to see what will work this year in the king of kings", are assinine. Many did the same thing to scoop, and Rick Jackson the last two years. NBA or not Rick was BE Defensive player of the year, while Scoop lead our team to the best record ever (and he did step up and lead not just assist).

Brandons floater in the lane and attacking the rim game was as consistant as anything James, and Rak brought last year offensively. Probably more consistant then CJ even. Cooney MCW, and DC werent there. Saying he doesn't do anything well or isn't ready is nuts. Anything is possible. If he finds that floater in the lane at will this year he could have a kemba walker like impact.

I believe our guys are working out twice a day and playing this tourney at night. Triche has a 6am workout and another after lunch (per his radio show) no way he is going all out for these games.
Not to mention he's busy setting up his bro.

BT = Craig Forth

He has backers and detractors...but not really all that much on a stats page that can point to above average contributions. His backers point to his defense and being a good teammate. I guess he's as good as someone can be for a 40% shooter from the field who's release point and angle is different on every single shot.

rick jackson jr- 7.0 rpg. Senior 10.3 rpg.
D. Nichols- JR 36% from 3, 13.3 ppg. Senior 41.7 from 3 and 18.9 ppg.
Scoop Jardine Jr 41.5 from the field Senior 47.4%.
Rautins- Jr year 3.0 assists. senior year 4.9. Jr 36.6 from three Senior 40.7.
Onuaku Jr year 29.8 from the frethrow line senior year 42.9

Forth averaged 4.7 ppg for his career and had .8 assists. And 85 percent of that was off garbage buckets. He had about a 1.8 our of 10 on offense, brandon has about a 6.8 out of 10. Forth lacked the defensive physcial strength one on one and couldn't jump all that well. Triche is sound fundementally in all areas on both ends. Triche's 42.2 from the field is better then 40.

I'm going to side with Albany on this one. Occasionally, and I mean very occasionally Bilas makes some What statements on the landscape of college hoops. To me Triche is a nice college role player. Does a few things well but nothing very well. I may be in the minority but I like the game in Fayetteville. I do like the town quite a bit so I may be biased. Not a walk in the park at ALL. The guards will be tested and we've seen plenty of BT suffering and the whole going backwards/sideways/semi-circle routine vs good M2M...sigh.

I think that Triche is one of those guys that galvanizes opinion. There are those who appreciate him, and those who are detractors--and for that latter group, nothing he does is going to change their opinion of what his capabilities are.

He's like our Jeter - very solid fundamentally, real team player, very stoic attitude, sneaky athletic. But he's not the guy you fear in the lineup. He's critical to your success, but he's not the star type. I'd love to see Southerland blow up this year. Everybody expects it from Mike, but man, if James blows up, he could be like Preston Shumpert for us. I can just visualize him getting crazy hot from outside. That would make this the most dangerous team it could be, if he turns into a great 6th man who really turns on the offense, like Dion did last year.

Not saying I disagree that people do overblow players, but they also tend to underate players. It happens all the times. Do you think anyone thought Scoop, D-nic, Jackson, or Rautins would bring it the way they did as seniors in the last 6 years?

Expect Brandon to score more off of his hustle into the lane as a offguard, and to run some more PG as well. We have the scoring heads to run brandon as a Point, especially if Rak or Dajuan show some scoring inside.

Brandon will try to add more to his game thats what he did in the King of Kings running the point. He already knows how to play SG hes been doing it the last two years. What if MCW ever had to sit or was in foul trouble. Put one and two together.
And JB is going to try to run more offense through him and James, because thats what JB does with Seniors. I wouldn't be surprised to see brandon only average 12-13 this year if he runs more effective point for 15 minutes. Furthermore, we don't know what we have out of MCW, he may be a better first/second scoring option then triche.

Posts knocking on Triches one chance to get to the NBA as a Senior, when Rak and Southerland themselves stated "we are running things to see what will work this year in the king of kings", are assinine. Many did the same thing to scoop, and Rick Jackson the last two years. NBA or not Rick was BE Defensive player of the year, while Scoop lead our team to the best record ever (and he did step up and lead not just assist).

Brandons floater in the lane and attacking the rim game was as consistant as anything James, and Rak brought last year offensively. Probably more consistant then CJ even. Cooney MCW, and DC werent there. Saying he doesn't do anything well or isn't ready is nuts. Anything is possible. If he finds that floater in the lane at will this year he could have a kemba walker like impact.

I think that all people are expecting from Brandon this year is kind of like what we got from Scoop last year - you don't have to be the best player on the floor, but you have to be the most composed, you have to be a leader, and you have to be willing to take and make a big shot. I think Brandon can do all of that.

To ask him to be your leading scorer every night might put too much pressure on him, but let him be one of the leading co-scorers, well we've had lots of teams be successful like that. Not a problem, and likely will be repeated this year, with a handful of guys between 10 and 15 ppg next year, as opposed to relying on one guy who averages more than 20.

It all sets up well for Brandon. We have a nice mix of players for next year. A lot of our success rides on Coleman being as good as we hope at center (10 ppg, 6-8 reb), which is asking a lot of a freshman, but I think he can do it, with that body he has.

And we need one killer outside shooter from the wing to balance the floor. That opens things up for the drivers, like CJ from the wing. Really gotta have either Southerland or Cooney be a guy who can make three 3's a game and stretch the defense, or break a zone.

He's like our Jeter - very solid fundamentally, real team player, very stoic attitude, sneaky athletic. But he's not the guy you fear in the lineup. He's critical to your success, but he's not the star type.

That's an interesting and apt comparison, in my opinion. But it seems a lot of posters here believe he's more like our Horace Clarke.

^good point and Jeter is a hall of famer...don't forget that...!

Lets take this to another level since we seem to have those who support Triche and those who tend to take the opposite view that he is just a role player. So, what are your expectations of Triche? Since I am on the positive side of the equation I am going all in:
12.5-14.5 pts
5-7 assts
4 bds
2 TOs

These are what I expect this year...and by the way..that makes Triche no worse than 2nd team all BE...so what do you think?

^good point and Jeter is a hall of famer...don't forget that...!

Lets take this to another level since we seem to have those who support Triche and those who tend to take the opposite view that he is just a role player. So, what are your expectations of Triche? Since I am on the positive side of the equation I am going all in:
12.5-14.5 pts
5-7 assts
4 bds
2 TOs

These are what I expect this year...and by the way..that makes Triche no worse than 2nd team all BE...so what do you think?

I think 5-7 assists is too high. But otherwise, I agree with your projections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom