jd's finest loses in kings of kings championship game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

jd's finest loses in kings of kings championship game

I like Triche, but have never felt that he has the drive to be "the man", nor the athletic explosiveness that the elite guys have. Some of that is because he is a team player and there were studs and upperclassman on the team that he deferred to. I am taking a wait and see attitude. From the consensus on the board he will be playing the two guard this year. That will put him in a good position to be the scorer that we have been waiting for.

Very solid, logical post.

I like Triche, but have never felt that he has the drive to be "the man", nor the athletic explosiveness that the elite guys have. Some of that is because he is a team player and there were studs and upperclassman on the team that he deferred to. I am taking a wait and see attitude. From the consensus on the board he will be playing the two guard this year. That will put him in a good position to be the scorer that we have been waiting for.

Good post, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I love the way Triche plays basketball fundamentally but I agree he could show more fire and leadership. The sulking he does is annoying and I get the feeling that's why many on here don't like him.

Regarding your first sentence though, I would argue he has twice as much athletic explosiveness as Scoop ever had. I don't think you were saying Scoop was one of the elite guys, I just wanted to make that point. Scoop certainly wasn't shy about being the "man" though.

Bees good comments...and did the rest of you read the article: 13 pts, 6 assts, facilitator not shooting in the game; sank 2 FTs with seconds left to draw team to within one...now I am a Triche guy, a 'Cuse fan more, but really...let's lay off of Triche and give him his due...Coleman was 3-8 from FT line and article says...teams will foul Coleman at end of games...
By the way, did MCW play in this game...no mention of him at all!
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2012/08/upstate_swagger_beats_the_tric.html

Burton played at IC and is one of the best 3 point shooters you will ever see. He played overseas professionally in iceland.

Played against him in HS, he went to Utica Notre Dame. I knew he went to IC but didn't know he ended up overseas.

Bees good comments...and did the rest of you read the article: 13 pts, 6 assts, facilitator not shooting in the game; sank 2 FTs with seconds left to draw team to within one...now I am a Triche guy, a 'Cuse fan more, but really...let's lay off of Triche and give him his due...Coleman was 3-8 from FT line and article says...teams will foul Coleman at end of games...
By the way, did MCW play in this game...no mention of him at all!
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2012/08/upstate_swagger_beats_the_tric.html

I think that Triche is one of those guys that galvanizes opinion. There are those who appreciate him, and those who are detractors--and for that latter group, nothing he does is going to change their opinion of what his capabilities are.

Played against him in HS, he went to Utica Notre Dame. I knew he went to IC but didn't know he ended up overseas.
His uncle is a former assistant and keeps me updated.

On a brighter note, from the pic in the blog post it looks like Coleman's workout regimine is paying off in a big way.

Brncusefvrcuse finally gets his moment to shine! He has just proven that he should be starting at PG.

I think that Triche is one of those guys that galvanizes opinion. There are those who appreciate him, and those who are detractors--and for that latter group, nothing he does is going to change their opinion of what his capabilities are.

Kind of makes him a perfect replacement for Scoop, although I realize he isn't truly replacing him as they played along side each other quite a bit last season.

some people have to many(high) expectations for triche. his biggest limitation resides in his own head, i mean how much more do some people expect from him? it doesnt mean i hate him or want him to do bad, afterall he is a cuse player and i want him to be at his best and hope he is, i understand his game and how he plays and he is who he is. i dont really see anyone who doesnt want him to perform lights out but you cant do 200 mph in a honda accord either.

some people have to many(high) expectations for triche. his biggest limitation resides in his own head, i mean how much more do some people expect from him? it doesnt mean i hate him or want him to do bad, afterall he is a cuse player and i want him to be at his best and hope he is, i understand his game and how he plays and he is who he is. i dont really see anyone who doesnt want him to perform lights out but you cant do 200 mph in a honda accord either.
define" high expectations".

define" high expectations".

someone who is going to be a vocal leader every game and carry the team on the his back, he might be the leading scorer on some nights but hes no napolean leading us into battle. hes brandon triche the solid role player, whos at his best as part of the puzzle on the team. hes not going to turn into jason kidd at pg or ray allen from 3. i expect what we have seen from him every season, but hopefully with more confidence.

I look forward to your silence when Triche builds on his very solid first three years and tears through the Big East as a senior.

I look forward to your silence when Triche builds on his very solid first three years and tears through the Big East as a senior.
100% agree. I also think we will have one of the best back courts in the country next year too. Maybe even the best.

if he does i will proudly praise him every step of the way. i support every one of them from the star to the walk on who suits up and never plays. silence should come from you who thinks you know my intentions!

if he does i will proudly praise him every step of the way. i support every one of them from the star to the walk on who suits up and never plays. silence should come from you who thinks you know my intentions!
Where did I say anything about your intentions? Your posts about Triche and his mental state and his leadership capabilities are tiresome.

Where did I say anything about your intentions? Your posts about Triche and his mental state and his leadership capabilities are tiresome.
its all true, just cause you are not gifted enough to see it is not my issue.

Trying to get anything out of triche from the King of Kings is useless.

Instead evaluate his skillset. A 33% three point shooter the last two years, little isolation game sofar, with a killer drive and finish in the midpost, can attack the rim like a Mini Blake Griffin and dish well on the drive. A pretty solid ball handler and a good rebounder who invites the physicallity of the game, and is not afraid to try to block a PF or Center on D. A very solid backdoor cut guy who can make the whole team better when he runs in motion offense(which we won't see a ton of unless Cooney gets 20 mpg). If he gets a step on his man he can destroy a team all alone, however if he doesn't he has been a third option glueguy scorer who you roll the dice with. That being said when you roll the dice sometimes he can be a first/second scoring option as well. A guy that can win games when his hustle reflexes are there on both ends of the floor. He gets a hand up in the extended zone. Triche won 2-3 games for us last year in BE play including ones without Fab(@ cincy) which was much more impressive then the year before. We lacked the scoring options 2 years ago and had to force it. He has Basketball IQ that people don't realize, and experience. So Yes, the potential is there.

I will say this though don't jump the gun and expect people to come after MCW and Cooney to take the pressure off of Triche, until they prove they are worth it. However, Triche will be ready because he had to deal with that as a sophmore and without Fab last year.

Is it just me or does that guy look like Kristof to the right if you get the right ad --->

Coleman looks like he could walk right into MMA tomorrow in that pic. I suspect he does not have the greatest hops but he sure will set a mean screen.

define very solid...

A guy who has played fundamentally sound basketball, within JB's system, at both ends of the court. A "program first" guy who at all times gives maximum effort and accepts his minutes and his role without complaint. A guy who consistently performs as well against better competition as he does against inferior teams. A guy who at times has performed like the best player on the court and made the difference between winning and losing.

Brandon Triche's entire career really can only be summed up 1 way:

Unspectaculary solid.

It is no coincidence that the kid started since day 1 and that he will more than likely go down as the all time winningest Orangeman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom