jerami grant down to 2? | Syracusefan.com

jerami grant down to 2?

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline

After attending the Rutgers game on Thursday, Jerami Grant is at the Maryland game tonight. He will decide between the two this week.

...this doesnt seem right...the 'Cuse seemingly bridesmaids...over and over this year...of course we can always say...didnt need the guy this year...ouch.

Nothing wrong with a kid wanting to play a lot right away. He wouldn't have that with SU. RU and MD need help and are probably pitching that to every recruit. We have to tell a kid like Grant that in 2 to 3 years he could really make something of himself on a real contender. 2 to 3 year is a long time for a 17 or 18 year old. Sheet I had a hard time waiting for a second date when I was that age.

Still I really liked his upside and thought he could be a very good junior and senior performer in orange.

damn...see what happens when are studs dont go to NBA as quickly as thought...and playing time behind them is also taken...now we have to watch KJ, Melo, Triche, Waiters, CJ, Scoop et al for another year...with a stud freshman class coming in...SOOOOOOOO, dont be sad...lets win a national championship and laugh at all these supposed studs that turned their back on the Orange...go class of '13 and '14!

I'm more and more resigned to the fact that 2012 is not going 2 b a big recruiting year 4 bball.
im holding out hope, this could turn into one of those things where we say thank god we didnt get grant bc we wouldnt have gotten...(enter some 5 star wing) either this year or in 13. these things have a funny way of working themself out

I feared a Julius Hodge situation with this kid, but not like this. Rutgers? Are you serious? Rutgers?? And Maryland? Wow. I'm speechless. :eek:

This answers our questions regarding Autry. He can get is in the door,
but can't finish the deal.

This answers our questions regarding Autry. He can get is in the door,
but can't finish the deal.

Dislike is more appropriate...dont hang a handle on someone who doesnt get one recruit...Grant was not an early target...did I want him...YES as much as fact we havent gotten a recruit for '12 yet...but regardless, Autry will do just fine.

It's kind of surprising that Rutgers and Maryland made the final 2. SU, NC St, and Va Tech were the three schools working him hard over the summer and those were the favs going into the end of July. Both Rutger n Maryland must have made a hell of a pitch. It never looked good when other schools were getting second visits and SU didn't.

Any hoops recruit that chooses to attend Rutgers is a born loser. I can see Maryland, but Rutgers? Hell anybody that even considers RU isn't someone I want to party with.

Any hoops recruit that chooses to attend Rutgers is a born loser. I can see Maryland, but Rutgers? Hell anybody that even considers RU isn't someone I want to party with.

Yeah I have a hard time understanding why someone with options would choose Rutgers in hoops.

Yeah I have a hard time understanding why someone with options would choose Rutgers in hoops.

he's a d.c. kid and rutgers has gone the aau route. rice hired a dc assault guy i think.

Who could resist playing in the RAC?!?! Hard to compete with that type of history and tradition.

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline

After attending the Rutgers game on Thursday, Jerami Grant is at the Maryland game tonight. He will decide between the two this week.
When you see everyone passing on us, it has to be because these kids (and their advisers) know there is no PT available at SU and they're just not going to wait in line for their PT.

It's kind of surprising that Rutgers and Maryland made the final 2. SU, NC St, and Va Tech were the three schools working him hard over the summer and those were the favs going into the end of July. Both Rutger n Maryland must have made a hell of a pitch. It never looked good when other schools were getting second visits and SU didn't.

Some kids are afraid of competition for playing time - Tobias Harris was one of them. If Grant doesn't think he's good enough to compete with Fair and Southerland, then he's probably not. Too bad, but maybe he's made for a lesser program so he can get more touches without having to prove his worth.

No Pt and no money!
His dad is rich. He is a former NBA star. No money necessary. It's all about PT and the AAU relationship.

Some of these remarks are kind of ridiculous. You guys are ripping apart a 17? year old kid simply because he may not choose our team. Sure, I think he'll be a good college player, and one with potential to be great by his junior/senior season. I'd love to see him wearing Orange in 2014-2015 (wow), but SU will keep on chugging along, and we'll get more than our fair share of talent. Best of luck to J Grant wherever he chooses.

PS, isn't DC assault alum Wally Judge at Rutgers now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom