Jerami Grant Growth Spurt? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jerami Grant Growth Spurt?

or Donte Greene 2.0 <>

fwiw, I believe Grant is 6-10 like I believe MCW is 6-2
Give me a Donte Green where he can be part of the supporting cast any day of the week.

Somebody up above loves us.
Thank you God.
I dont believe any deity has the time or desire to watch over sports programs an their fans prayers or wishes. There is the human factor of hard work and ultimately $ that make this possible.:rolleyes:

Give me a Donte Green where he can be part of the supporting cast any day of the week.
I looked but could not find any reference JG being listed at 6'10" but depending on his age and dna potential its not impossible to have added height. This is just as true for incoming football players or any kid for that mater in his late teens.couchburn

I watched Grant play on TV a few times last year, and I think this kid is going to be a great "4" for us. He's got the kind of mobility / athleticism that JB loves, and the versatility to play inside and outside.

He probably won't play a ton his freshman year [I envision MCW type of minutes in year 1 for Jerami], but there is no doubt in my mind that he's going to be a great player in our system.

This I agree with except the word great is TBD. I do think he will grow into a 4 and be the type of athletic and versatile 4 that JB loves. People get all in a tither to suggest that "I" prefer he redshirt when I don't think he will get big minutes. I did say, and will say it again, that I don't think JB will redshirt him, but I wish he would. But so many times posters, not you, put very unlrealistic expectations on kids in both basketball and football. Every kid we bring in is destimed for the NBA or NFL. As much as I like Grant and his potential, he isn't Carmelo Anthony who was a sure thing.

You should check out the link posted in "Wednesday articles" from the board.

Something like "JG dominates some tournament." ==>
It's impressive, and he doesn't look like he's 6'8" 200 anymore; looks bulkier.

Kev

This I agree with except the word great is TBD. I do think he will grow into a 4 and be the type of athletic and versatile 4 that JB loves. People get all in a tither to suggest that "I" prefer he redshirt when I don't think he will get big minutes. I did say, and will say it again, that I don't think JB will redshirt him, but I wish he would. But so many times posters, not you, put very unlrealistic expectations on kids in both basketball and football. Every kid we bring in is destimed for the NBA or NFL. As much as I like Grant and his potential, he isn't Carmelo Anthony who was a sure thing.

That's fair--my point was that he has the requisite athleticism / tools / game to excel in our system--not that he is necessarily going to be a surefire superstar. But given all of the above [plus his bloodlines], I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up being a damn good player for us--and maybe a star.

It's impressive, and he doesn't look like he's 6'8" 200 anymore; looks bulkier.

Kev

Agreed--he's "skinny," but not skinny like Hak / Damone were. And he looks like he has good shoulders--kid definitely has the frame to pack on some good weight.

This is the team photo from the USA 18 and Under team, taken in June. Jerami (#9) is flanked by6-7 Sam Dekker (11) and 6-8 Shaq Goodwin (15). Nobody on the squad is listed as taller than 6-8. We will have to wait for Mason to weigh in on the validity of the photographic evidence ;) , but it seems pretty clear that Jerami was nowhere near 6-10 in early June, and there was no discussion of it in writeups of the games in late June . . . its possible that a 3 inch growth spurt in a month might have occurred, but I think it is unlikely. Rothstein tweeted a rumor that he heard, that's all.

usaunder18june2012.jpg

1) A trade balance is simply what happens after society has decided how much to save; invest; tax itself; and spend in the public sector. Because different societies have different preferences, some countries have trade deficits and others surpluses. Do you think that explains the US trade deficit

From that video:

-Broad defined shoulders, a rarity for an incoming SU wing.
-Crazy wingspan, kid should block a lot of shots.
-Showed some range.

I think those 3 things will translate very well to the college game.

In all likelihood, he won't make much noise for us this year, but my expectations for him are a little higher than they were yesterday.

This is the team photo from the USA 18 and Under team, taken in June. Jerami (#9) is flanked by6-7 Sam Dekker (11) and 6-8 Shaq Goodwin (15). Nobody on the squad is listed as taller than 6-8. We will have to wait for Mason to weigh in on the validity of the photographic evidence ;) , but it seems pretty clear that Jerami was nowhere near 6-10 in early June, and there was no discussion of it in writeups of the games in late June . . . its possible that a 3 inch growth spurt in a month might have occurred, but I think it is unlikely. Rothstein tweeted a rumor that he heard, that's all.

usaunder18june2012.jpg

1%29%20A%20trade%20balance%20is%20simply%20what%20happens%20after%20society%20has%20decided%20how%20much%20to%20save;%20invest;%20tax%20itself;%20and%20spend%20in%20the%20public%20sector.%20Because%20different%20societies%20have%20different%20preferences,%20some%20countries%20have%20trade%20deficits%20and%20others%20surpluses.%20Do%20you%20think%20that%20explains%20the%20US%20trade%20deficit

Wendell Alexis 2.0.

I don't think he does either but CJ was more ready than Grant is and maybe Cooney too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I think you are really underestimating Grant. His offense is much father along that you give him credit for. He already has more range on his jump shot than Fair. Fair, if you recall, was coming off ACL surgery coming into college and his explosiveness had not yet returned for much of his senior year of HS. Grant is much more established coming in.

usaunder18june2012.jpg

1) A trade balance is simply what happens after society has decided how much to save; invest; tax itself; and spend in the public sector. Because different societies have different preferences, some countries have trade deficits and others surpluses. Do you think that explains the US trade deficit
Pic doesnt tell the truth, when sneakers come into factor, they all make you a little taller, how much depends on which one you wear, i believe he grew some, how much, noone knows for sure yet.

Try John Wallace 2.0
That is who I was thinking, with the broad shoulders and some range to his shot. I hope he is as aggressive around the basket as JW.

From that video:

-Broad defined shoulders, a rarity for an incoming SU wing.
-Crazy wingspan, kid should block a lot of shots.
-Showed some range.

I think those 3 things will translate very well to the college game.

In all likelihood, he won't make much noise for us this year, but my expectations for him are a little higher than they were yesterday.

The thing I liked most about him in that montage is that I only saw one blocked shot that was sent into the cheap seats. The rest he did a really good job of keeping in play to himself or a teammate.

To me he is a taller Wesley Johnson now maybe I am saying that because he has that laid back style of play Wes had and he rocks the rim when the chance presents itself. I have seen him play 10 times in person and he was always over at my co workers house. She consideres him another son so I am going to try and sneak over there to meet him someday

Pic doesnt tell the truth, when sneakers come into factor, they all make you a little taller, how much depends on which one you wear, i believe he grew some, how much, noone knows for sure yet.

yeah, I think the point is that the reporter feels he grew. What his actual height is is something most of us won't know unless he ends up at an NBA draft combine. But if he legitimately got a couple extra inches, that's a real good thing regardless of it makes him a legit 6-7 or 6-8 or a legit 6-10.

It makes no sense to RS Jeremi when it is looking more and more unlikely he will be here 4 years. It would have been like giving Fab an RS for his frosh year.

The beauty of the Cooney RS will be in his 5th year. Grant will be in the league long before his 5th year.

To me he is a taller Wesley Johnson now maybe I am saying that because he has that laid back style of play Wes had and he rocks the rim when the chance presents itself. I have seen him play 10 times in person and he was always over at my co workers house. She consideres him another son so I am going to try and sneak over there to meet him someday
Be sure to take a tape measure with you. Or maybe you could convince your co-worker to tell Jermi that she wants to knit him a sweater so it gives her an excuse to take all sorts of interesting measurements! Arm length, chest, neck etc.