Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 107 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.

"I mostly wanted to have a fresh start and a new challenge," Edwards said. "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."
Not a great look that he says he left for reasons mostly aside from NIL, then proceeds to insult Syracuse’s organization/efforts in the matter.

We took a roll on the kid and developed him into what he is now. Its his right to pursue opportunities elsewhere. But I’m not going to actively root for him.

Disappointing on multiple levels.

"I mostly wanted to have a fresh start and a new challenge," Edwards said. "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."
Lol fresh start, sure. Like the fresh start with a new coach here? Just say it’s the money, idk why can’t just be upfront and say it. Actually he says it’s not NIL but then goes on to basically say it is NIL based lol.

Not a great look that he says he left for reasons mostly aside from NIL, then proceeds to insult Syracuse’s organization/efforts in the matter.

We took a roll on the kid and developed him into what he is now. Its his right to pursue opportunities elsewhere. But I’m not going to actively root for him.
Feel free to call me a bad person (I am) but I am going to actively root against him after reading that

WV met my asking price.

"Fresh start"? What is he talking about? He played about 33 mpg, we featured him in our offense, he gained national exposure at SU.

Symir could justifiably play the "fresh start" card. So could Jon Bol. But Jesse? Give me a @#%&^*# break.

My liking of Jesse is taking a big hit. As he will be an SU grad, I wish him the best in post-basketball life. As a WVU player, I hope his team goes winless.

or voicing frustration over the fact that Syracuse actually didn't have his situation figured out as has been reported. It certainly seems as if something either fell apart or didn't come together in time as he was reported to have told the staff he was staying by our best posters.

It does make a lot of sense for him. Gets another crack at the tournament in the best CBB conference.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Uh, isn't that what he will get by going to a new program in the portal? JUST SAY YOU WANT TO MAXIMIZE YOUR EARNING POTENTIAL!!! My gawd, it's understandable and very few blame you. But trying to skirt from the truth makes him look so bad.
In Jesse's defense, think about every job interview you've ever been on in your life. When they ask "why are you interviewing for this job" the answer is always "I want to make more money" but social norms don't allow us to say that so we have to make up some other BS reason.

or voicing frustration over the fact that Syracuse actually didn't have his situation figured out as has been reported. It certainly seems as if something either fell apart or didn't come together in time as he was reported to have told the staff he was staying by our best posters.
Bull chit. He doesn't want to say that he left for more money for whatever reason. It is just like the LIV guys. Grow a set and say you left for the money.

We are going to get Dickinson or Cisse with the money that we COULD have given to Jesse if we wanted to. Fluck him. We will be better than WVU next season,

"Fresh start"? What is he talking about? He played about 33 mpg, we featured him in our offense, he gained national exposure at SU.

Symir could justifiably play the "fresh start" card. So could Jon Bol. But Jesse? Give me a @#%&^*# break.

My liking of Jesse is taking a big hit. As he will be an SU grad, I wish him the best in post-basketball life. As a WVU player, I hope his team goes winless.

WV plays a lot of guys and plays a style that will be completely new to Jesse. He may even face the issues Cole did on defending and switching onto guards. It took him a while to develop chemistry here with his teammates. There are so many things that could detail this decision. The way this was handled by the Edwards camp hopefully helps them financially because I think he is in for a tough year on the court.

Yep that first sentence sure doesn't seem to be on the same page as the second sentence.

Yep

This is what we’re facing now.

So before you all go and say that SU isn’t being competitive, smart or trying…

Ask yourselves if you think Edwards is worth 400k on a Cuse basketball team? If you pay him that, then what will JJ, Judah etc. expect?

Frees up more money to go elsewhere.

That’s a terrible and seemingly inaccurate quote and I think we did the right thing by not paying him $800,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom