Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 106 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
That statement right there should be good enough to keep this thread going for another five pages before it veers off into a random debate about Hanes vs. Fruit of the Loom for another five pages.
Honestly I'm all in on Stance these days

I don't think anyone mentioned that Jesse will be an SU alum in about a month. He will always be one of us. He will spend one year someplace as a grad student. Bottom line is Jesse is Orange and always will be and could some day be a benefit to our school. All of this aside from NIL. You can't take the alum out of Jesse.
It’s sad seeing the abuse he’s getting here. He has such a great natural progression under the staff. Since him and Joe got here there have been so so so many negative things happen on the court and within the program and while both have certain limitations I think they both gave their all.

I’m immature, and crude at times, yet I couldn’t and wouldn’t ever respond to tweets or Instagram to any of these guys and say the things I’ve seen said, I wonder how these dolts function in the real world.

It’s sad seeing the abuse he’s getting here. He has such a great natural progression under the staff. Since him and Joe got here there have been so so so many negative things happen on the court and within the program and while both have certain limitations I think they both gave their all.

I’m immature, and crude at times, yet I couldn’t and wouldn’t ever respond to tweets or Instagram to any of these guys and say the things I’ve seen said, I wonder how these dolts function in the real world.
I think that’s a loose way to describe “abuse.” I haven’t read anything personal, other than connected to him looking more money. He made a business/life decision. Part of that is disappointing a lot of people. That’s ok but people are allowed to be disappointed and even a little irrational at times. That’s the business and why there’s enough interest to make it lucrative in the first place.

Abuse is not ok.

I don't wish ill of him. But I also don't wish him anything. I respect that he made the choice to do what he needed to for his best interests. I can't hate him for that.

But as a fan, I am choosing to direct all of my positivity towards those kids still in Orange. That's my right. No "I wish him the best posts" from me. No "I wish him the worst" either though.

He's just another player not in Orange

I don’t know for sure, but from I have heard, that the collectives talk to the coaches about who/where they want to spend the money on
The coaches have no involvement in NIL. Certainly there is some informal communication, but the collectives are autonomous. It's also important to note the the two main collectives, 315 Foundation and Athletes Who Care collect pledges and pair up athletes with projects solely for other 501c charitable organizations. Many of these are group efforts like those we see publicized in the media. The business based initatives with car dealerships, restaurants and other enterprises are NOT orchestrated through the collectives. These are the higher dollar individual player transactions, We need both to have a healthy program and most ,maybe all, are transacted through INFLCR. .

I think that’s a loose way to describe “abuse.” I haven’t read anything personal, other than connected to him looking more money. He made a business/life decision. Part of that is disappointing a lot of people. That’s ok but people are allowed to be disappointed and even a little irrational at times. That’s the business and why there’s enough interest to make it lucrative in the first place.
You must not visit Twitter, Facebook or instagram

This makes me happy.

Here’s my very unpopular opinion. Jesse is way overrated. He gets moved off his spot on both ends on the court extremely easily.

His rebounding numbers are unbelievably inflated because last years starting forwards were statues.

Get me a more physical defensive center who can hedge and retreat and I think we’re in better shape at the 5.

We are not zoning next year. We needs a guy who can chase a bit more.
Rebounding is a built in weakness of the zone. I expect all of our guys to rebound better next season due to MTM; that would include Jesse if he stays.

"I mostly wanted to have a fresh start and a new challenge," Edwards said. "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."

This makes me happy.

Here’s my very unpopular opinion. Jesse is way overrated. He gets moved off his spot on both ends on the court extremely easily.

His rebounding numbers are unbelievably inflated because last years starting forwards were statues.

Get me a more physical defensive center who can hedge and retreat and I think we’re in better shape at the 5.

We are not zoning next year. We needs a guy who can chase a bit more.
I tried to put it nicely earlier in the thread. Glad someone had the stones to outright say it.

Peace Out Reaction GIF

"I mostly wanted to have a fresh start and a new challenge," Edwards said. "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."

What does that quote actually mean? Sounds like a bunch of nonsense.

He sounds like a loser

Status
Not open for further replies.