Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 125 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why say it’s not about NIL and then proceed to immediately talk about NIL lol.

“See, I never just did things just to do them. Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I got a little more sense then that.

[pause]

Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch.” - Rick James

Soft money is coming from boosters specifically to influence players' decisions, not to compensate them for the use of their name, image, or likeness. Seems counterintuitive and contrary to the stated purpose of NIL.
The "rules" are written more in pencil than in pen so boosters are playing loose with the rules. And boosters have been stepping over the line right after Naismith hung up his first peach baskets.

And now players can "legally" get paid so some are being more proactive than others. Does anyone really feel 1400+ portal players are all dissatisfied with their playing time or their coach?

The love of money is the root of all evil.

Greed is good.

Jesse is not the first and definitely not going to be the last player to play Blindman's Bluff. If he was able to play the game and make a ton of money to play CBB, good for him. He won and the Syracuse has lost (at least for now).

It's not illegal what he did. Was it possibly unethical how he went about things. According to some people "in the know" he wasn't honest with the coaches. This could come back to bite him down the road. You are only as good as your reputation.

But right now, Jesse is not in business. He is a basketball player and a college students who reportedly will make a bunch of money next year.

I think I said before that I despise everything about the portal, except for the fact that the student athletes now have pretty much the same rights as regular students to switch school, and now with NIL, they can also make money.

So, like many others, I probably won't root for Jesse in the future, just like I won't root for players on my favorite professional sports teams who choose to play elsewhere.

I haven't read everything from the last couple days, so if I am off-base, please show me the light, but I am really hoping that the leaders of the Syracuse athletic programs have a plan for future success under the current climate.

There’s a difference between not being able to pay for something, and choosing not to pay for something.

Yeah it’s like this concept is escaping educated people on this board. So basic….. yet so far away.

I could afford a significantly nicer car. Which would come at the expense of having a nice car, paying my other bills, and buying my daughter a bike that’s nicer than mine. But I don’t do that.

Maybe this helps…..

For the record, we can and will pay. We will not overpay.

Draw your own conclusions…

I may very well be wrong but I'm expecting Jesse ends up being an 8/8 guy that plays 25 mins a game or less and struggles with foul trouble and ends up making way for them to play smaller with Mitchell due to it being a poor fit defensively.

Yeah it’s like this concept is escaping educated people on this board. So basic….. yet so far away.

I could afford a significantly nicer car. Which would come at the expense of having a nice car, paying my other bills, and buying my daughter a bike that’s nicer than mine. But I don’t do that.

Maybe this helps…..

Ok but don’t you know that NIL has now FAILED at Cuse because we didn’t let a kid name his price?

Ok but don’t you know that NIL has now FAILED at Cuse because we didn’t let a kid name his price?

Just like the Sales manager was mad at the salesman for letting qdawgg, the public school teacher with good credit, walk out of the Bugatti dealership without buying the same car Weitsman has but in blue.

Yes, Cuse is a complete failure.

Last edited:
Imo, all the talking in circles by Jesse started because he and dad were trying to protect the team, wvu, that tampered and got into nil negotiations with him before he was in the portal. Then one “story” led to another then another and here we are.

You should stop caring about what people say on social media. No one’s going to remember any of this in a month.
We all die sooner than later in the grand scheme of things

Maybe this helps…..
Or even….your asking new car pricing for a used vehicle. I can get more for the same somewhere else.

But like I’ve been told in the car business…there’s an ass for every seat.

Imo, all the talking in circles by Jesse started because he and dad were trying to protect the team, wvu, that tampered and got into nil negotiations with him before he was in the portal. Then one “story” led to another then another and here we are.
Hold on… are you suggesting that a team coached by Bob Huggins may have done something unethical?!

I’m clutching my pearls in horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.