Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 123 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a fine example of the bizarre state of college athletics. Schools can't pay athletes directly, NIL money can't be used for recruiting, and yet there are bidding wars for players to switch schools, not because of their NIL value, rather due to their athletic value to their new team.

It can be spun multiple ways, but players are being paid to attend and play for a specific school. NIL money isn’t separate from pay for play except on paper. Pardon me if I continue to be baffled by attempts to have this make sense. We've gone from one bad system to another.

Been out today, and so far only on page 114, but before I read this novel, I want to point out that I sort of "defended" Jesse or tried to point out how much we really did not know. Well, no more. This was just a horrible thing that he did throwing SU under the bus the way he did. Immature, wrong, and I am no longer a Jesse fan, SU alum or not. Fine with him leaving for the $$$, but keep it classy, please.
I liked your earlier post, and I also gave this one a like.

If SU slips to middle of the road status because we won’t pay a player $800 grand, I’m okay with it. Just saying.
Continued slippage leads to bottom of the barrel, we've already been stuck in the middle of the road. I know we can be better, but the collective has to learn to compete under the new "rule$" or SU becomes the junior varsity.

To channel Steve Harvey, now you know the rest of the story.
Pretty sure you meant Paul Harvey.

Steve Harvey Lol GIF by Digg

Continued slippage leads to bottom of the barrel, we've already been stuck in the middle of the road. I know we can be better, but the collective has to learn to compete under the new "rule$" or SU becomes the junior varsity.

Do you know exactly what the collective(s) have or have not done? Do you believe they have infinite resources so as to never be outbid ever? I’ll assume the answer to both of those questions is ‘no.’

Do you know exactly what the collective(s) have or have not done? Do you believe they have infinite resources so as to never be outbid ever? I’ll assume the answer to both of those questions is ‘no.’
Did they not offer $400K and refuse to go higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom