Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to start at the top, the Chancellor has to understand, that big time sports needs big time spending, and SU has never been one to do that.
I’d be a lot more impressed if the administration got SU back as a top 40-50 university. That’s their job, not running semi-pro basketball and football programs.

The school can get creative.
Take JMA naming rights.
X amount of that could be directed by JMA to the NIL. Not by SU but by JMA. BOX revenue the same. Again this would need to be coordinated properly but its doable.
Vts idea on Spring game revenue.
Allow the collectives to fund raise pre game on the Quad...
Lots of ideas that could help.
Let the collective run concession stands in the dome

How did UConn do it this year? Can they maintain success? Can that be replicated? Anyone care to analyze?

I think that Nova and UConn were partially able to do it because Cuse was down. Just like Calhoun after our first probation.

ps Two probations = conservative approach to NIL.

How did UConn do it this year? Can they maintain success? Can that be replicated? Anyone care to analyze?

I think that Nova and UConn were partially able to do it because Cuse was down. Just like Calhoun after our first probation.

ps Two probations = conservative approach to NIL.
We also bend over for the NCAA. Other schools don't.

UConn and Nova don't really have to worry about football.

We also bend over for the NCAA. Other schools don't.

UConn and Nova don't really have to worry about football.

A real conversation may need to be had regarding football. I never thought I would think that, but we can compete in basketball if all our efforts were focused on basketball.

I'm confused as to what is wrong with that list? Most of those teams were better than us this year.
Would you rate any of them as a “top 25 basketball program”?

Arkansas, Memphis, and Florida are probably the only ones with an argument.

I’d be a lot more impressed if the administration got SU back as a top 40-50 university. That’s their job, not running semi-pro basketball and football programs.
Smart kids want to cheer on winning Football/Basketball teams as well. Solid athletics help draw better applicants, raise school ranking, and so on...

Make no bones about it, schools realize that they are the ones losing out from NIL because the big money boosters aren't giving directly to the schools anymore. The deep pockets are going directly to the kids.

Just like how developers are building better housing than the dorms, closer to the middle of campus, and suddenly the university can't sell the prison cells they call dorm rooms for thousands of dollars a semester when WAY better housing is available closer to campus,

So what does the university do? Buy the private investor housing, of course, to maintain their monopoly!

It is SO hard to be positive in this current landscape

If Jesse winds up at a small undergrad school (8K or less ) like a parochial school in the big east let's say, people are gonna lose their minds...

Just like how developers are building better housing than the dorms, closer to the middle of campus, and suddenly the university can't sell the prison cells they call dorm rooms for thousands of dollars a semester when WAY better housing is available closer to campus,

So what does the university do? Buy the private investor housing, of course, to maintain their monopoly!
I was told colleges weren’t a business ;)

Just because Seton Hall or Vanderbilt reached out to Jesse to see what the number is, doesn't mean they can afford it.

It certainly tells you where our reputation is right now, though, doesn't it?
It's not like Kansas, Kentucky or Duke is asking.
It's schools we would have considered miles beneath us just a decade ago.

What? How can you be 70 pages in and still not understand that the University can't fund NIL?

Its all up to fans/alumni/businesses to do so.
Oh I fully understand. If you want to pay some kid to play at the university you root for, go ahead. At some point, you're going to ask yourself, is my investment worth it. If you're willing to let some handler say I need X to let the kid play here, they can both kiss my ass. I'm not paying a student for entertainment. I'd trick on a young coed if I wanted that.

*3 years ago.

Sorry, I'd lilke to believe so, too, but it's 9 years in a row with an average of about 14 losses a year.

For Boeheim's first 35-40 years, the average season was about 24-6 every single year, come hell or high water.

If it makes you feel any better it looks like we are looking to replace Jesse with a center from North Texas who couldn't even shoot 50%, but hey things are starting great in the Autry era.

Whoa what?

What? How can you be 70 pages in and still not understand that the University can't fund NIL?

Its all up to fans/alumni/businesses to do so.
Because some just take the lazy approach and jump on at the end of a thread rather than catching up. It's what often dilutes threads.

So is it just AW or all other boosters also to refrain from dolling out NIL compensation to players? Would the admin be happier moving to the Patriot League?

I hire tech workers for a living at my company. The last thing I care about is the ranking of the school they graduated from. Some of the worst candidates are the academic types that feel the need to tell me they are a professor on their resume. This school ranking sht is absurd.
Some of the dumbest people I know have PhDs.

Smart kids want to cheer on winning Football/Basketball teams as well. Solid athletics help draw better applicants, raise school ranking, and so on...
NIL/pay for play reminds me of what they say about buying a boat, “a hole in the water into which one pours money”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom