Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 113 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t wish him luck. I hope he has a miserable year and gets exposed. Dummy.

Yeah, no wishing of luck on this one (not that I ever do). We gave him the opportunity, put him on the map, and then he turns around and ****s on us because our bag wasn't big enough for year 5?

He might as well thank Covid.

Be curious to see Jesse’s reception as he walks across the stage at graduation.

Their NIL valuation tool is useless. There is a kid on there they have listed at $10k that I know for a fact left a $100k offer on the table.
Jesse himself was valued at $8.5k on their website and just got $800k lol

I’m just at a loss. Why be an ass like that? Who benefits from that scenario? Not Jesse, he got his bag, not WVU, their fans don’t care. The media gets their pound of flesh for almost no reason. No one wins in this scenario.

And screw axe, he’s such a bitch sometimes. Always acts like his personal beefs are everyone else’s

Ngl.. this feels like a measured effort to keep pushing the university to respond to the AW stuff. I feel this is reaching cringe territory. Not trying to point fingers but this to me is more gaslighting the social media crowd and trying to heat up a response from the school.

Good for Jesse getting a bag. I’m not going to begrudge his comments too much because we all say dumb stuff at 23. But it certainly doesn’t do anything to counter the perception that SU is unprepared to meet the new era.

Ngl.. this feels like a measured effort to keep pushing the university to respond to the AW stuff. I feel this is reaching cringe territory
God I hope we land a gd whale from the portal. We are past ridiculous with this stuff.

I like the "I really didn't want to get into this..." But, I will unprovoked. He is trying to establish the narrative, anyone with a half a brain can see through it.
I said this in an earlier post, but there is more than this. Between Adam coming out with his comments, Joe leaving and not looking back and Jesses comments, pushing JB out, all while the university sits on their ivory tower silent in literally weeks, I’m not rush to go and hammer Jesse after watching him running twenty feet to the corner from under the basket 50 times a game.

When the university starts making positive moves I’ll give them them the benefit of doubt. The program is a huge huge huge mess, as it stands now, we’ve lost two of our three best players and Symir and only brought in Starling (the same guy who I was told over and over last season is trash).

No doubt we bring other guys in, but we have a lot of production to replace.

WV thinks Jesse is worth double what we do, they’ve been good and far better than us in the past 5 years yet we trust that “our program doesn’t think he’s worth it” while a better program does? I trust nobody within this program until some positives start happening.

Seems to me that Jesse was given a script or at least talking points on what to say and went off on a tangent. You think WV wanted him to say the money was hard to turn down when they came to us a while ago (pre actual portal announcement).

Good for Jesse getting a bag. I’m not going to begrudge his comments too much because we all say dumb stuff at 23. But it certainly doesn’t do anything to counter the perception that SU is unprepared to meet the new era.
Can’t say I agree with the “we all say dumb stuff.” I don’t know the exact question that was asked, but I have trouble thinking it was “Jesse, what are your thoughts on syracuses lack of NIL efforts” anything less than that and he was actively looking to bash the school

I said this in an earlier post, but there is more than this. Between Adam coming out with his comments, Joe leaving and not looking back and Jesses comments, pushing JB out, all while the university sits on their ivory tower silent in literally weeks, I’m not rush to go and hammer Jesse after watching him running twenty feet to the corner from under the basket 50 times a game.

When the university starts making positive moves I’ll give them them the benefit of doubt. The program is a huge huge huge mess, as it stands now, we’ve lost two of our three best players and Symir and only brought in Starling (the same guy who I was told over and over last season is trash).

WV thinks Jesse is worth double what we do, they’ve been good and far better than us in the past 5 years yet we trust that “our program doesn’t think he’s worth it” while a better program does? I trust nobody within this program until some positives start happening.
I think you’re downplaying the goalpost moving that apparently took place here. You can’t keep negotiating with people that way.

Fair stance. That said the media posturing and piling on... is not going to help that cause. If things are going to get better... it's going to happen outside the all of the public back and forth.

I like the "I really didn't want to get into this..." But, I will unprovoked. He is trying to establish the narrative, anyone with a half a brain can see through it.
Now do Weitsman.

"I mostly wanted to have a fresh start and a new challenge," Edwards said. "NIL isn't what I'm playing for. I didn't really want to get into this, but it doesn't seem that Syracuse as an organization is that into that. I'm not really sure what their plan is or what the school's idea is behind it. For me it was something that they couldn't offer in that way."

Dead Prez said it best - “MC's get a little bit of love and think they hot”

More than double, actually more than triple.

Ehh, just because WVU is better it’s means they’re a better judge of value? Didn’t Auburn layout a bag for Westry? Look what that got them. TTU put out millions for their guys and they got jack chit to show for it.

Frankly none of these guys are worth what they’re commanding today. It’s like crypto

Just picked up a Jesse Edward's Voodoo Doll. Dude is about to have some what in the heck knee problems this upcoming season.

Screenshot_20230416_142219_Etsy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors