Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

Jesse Edwards in portal and transfers to WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.

"One of the transfer portal’s most impactful players, Jesse Edwards, announced on Sunday that he was transferring from Syracuse to West Virginia. While he said to ESPN’s Jonathan Givony NIL playing a factor was more of “a bonus,” it is intriguing why he is heading to West Virginia.
The Mountaineers have a robust NIL backing. As Givony states, the Country Roads Trust NIL collective, founded by Forbes-listed billionaire Arizona Diamondbacks owner Ken Kendrick and former Mountaineers athletic director Oliver Luck, the collective has made its presence felt in the NIL space."

Again….. F him. Not even a former SU player to me. SU didn’t do anything to him. Don’t be a, fill in the blank, toward an organization that did nothing but right by you. If not even above and beyond for someone, nobody else wanted.

I’d say more but I’m going to keep it classy.

The more of these articles that come out, the more the university, or rather the Cuse NIL collectives have to bite their tongue. I’m sure they don’t want to accuse anyone of tampering because that opens up Pandora’s box, but the urge to lay out their side of the situation as Cuse is getting dragged must be swelling by the hour.

The more of these articles that come out, the more the university, or rather the Cuse NIL collectives have to bite their tongue. I’m sure they don’t want to accuse anyone of tampering because that opens up Pandora’s box, but the urge to lay out their side of the situation as Cuse is getting dragged must be swelling by the hour.

I think JJ and Chance speak loudly for our NIL collectives. Jesse and his family can georgetown themselves. The starting center on the worst teams in our history. I hope we play them next year.

Again….. F him. Not even a former SU player to me. SU didn’t do anything to him. Don’t be a, fill in the blank, toward an organization that did nothing but right by you. If not even above and beyond for someone, nobody else wanted.

I want to hear more…

Oliver Luck, former WVU athletic director, is a trash human who hates Syracuse and Boeheim. He’s probably loving all this, dancing on our (Jesse) grave. I believe a poster on here once mentioned having a conversation with him where he trashed us and our programs. That dude is scum in my book. I hope the NCAA brings the hammer down on them and uses them as a warning shot to other programs (cause you know they aren’t going after the blue bloods).
If You Didn't Already Dislike Oliver Luck...

OK, we were unprepared based on Bristol's quotes. But who is we?

Did Jesse get literally ***any*** NIL money last year? If so, literally a single dollar, unless he had super secret American citizenship, someone had figured it out last year.

This would have been a natural avenue to explore by Donna to prove or disprove that this claim of incompetence was inherent to Bristol's dealings or systemic to all of Syracuse's NIL groups.

Or, as has been communicated here, Syracuse NIL support got to where Jesse wanted, he changed the end goal to a much higher number and we didn't chase a guy that couldn't set a good screen to save his life... all the while we landed JJ and Chance Westry.

I mean, are we really going to go through these motions and pretend this is a well-written and investigated article? This is chum for sharks.
You got 2 better players in JJ, and Chance, who fit what Red wants to run.
I really believe Jesse would have been left behind on a lot of plays.
We don't need walk the ball up the floor, and run the clock down players anymore.
That style is what got us to the last 8 years.

It's looking like this has come full circle...
  • Jesse said we didn't offer him NIL
  • A bunch of our fans on here claiming various ITK sources 100% refute that, say there was a package, but we weren't close to matching WV's $800K. Blame Jesse and his father for misrepresenting the situation / dead to me, yada yada...
  • 315 collective guy comes out today and admits the collectives had not figured out how to offer Jesse NIL package due to his foreign student status. I.E. WE DIDN'T OFFER HIM A NIL PACKAGE
IF the above is true, hard to blame Jesse because his original statement appears to be true (and this is a big IF, because everything around NIL seems to be spoken in halftruths.)

• A bunch of our fans on here claiming various ITK sources 100% refute that, say there was a package, but we weren't close to matching WV's $800K. Blame Jesse and his father for misrepresenting the situation / dead to me, yada yada...
  • 315 collective guy comes out today and admits the collectives had not figured out how to offer Jesse NIL package due to his foreign student status. I.E. WE DIDN'T OFFER HIM A NIL PACKAGE
IF the above is true, hard to blame Jesse because his original statement appears to be true.

He got NIL last year. The only thing that changed this year was the amount.

And even if you believe he didn’t get NIL and SU went into the season, with one of our better guys on paper thinking he’d play for free, that is ludicrous to think the team/NIL wasn’t prepared in any way.

And even if you thought all that was accurate. Everything else I said still rings true. Keep your mouth shut, you got paid way more than you deserve. So who cares what SU supposedly didn’t do for you. In the very least you got to this point of making $800k BECAUSE of the opportunities SU provided you.

He’s a scumbag.

CuseLegacy would ban me for a week.

1681934818385.jpeg

IF the above is true, hard to blame Jesse because his original statement appears to be true (and this is a big IF, because everything around NIL seems to be spoken in halftruths.)
We offered him money. It was reported in multiple places. You ever think it didn't originate from the 315 collective?

We offered him money. It was reported in multiple places. You ever think it didn't originate from the 315 collective?

Yes, but he supposedly was speaking for two collectives.

It's just weird that if Jesse had a NIL deal through another NIL funding source that was legally structured, that these two collectives were left to figure out the same structure on their own and appear woefully behind the 8-ball on it.

Or maybe it's not weird. I don't know.

Maybe it was Weitsman's deal prior?

drop-baton.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics