jg3 playing much better | Syracusefan.com

jg3 playing much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been good and takes way too much sh-- on this board. That said I will be more impressed if he continues to be this energetic on D and disciplined on O when we play ACC teams.
The energy he can control. The discipline too, to an extent. But we know what is going to happen against stronger, longer, faster players.

Credit where it's due for being better, but the test will be whether he can be effective against more talented athletes.

Credit where it's due for being better, but the test will be whether he can be effective against more talented athletes.

We know his limitations. Where he is limited it will be on how his effort is maintained and he defers as needed along with the willingness of JB to go with Symir to help with offsetting. With Bell starting to get more comfortable and Benny's shot looking better there are opportunities for a shooter to step up. Even Taylor as a designated shooter. All that can help when Joe is neutralized.

Last edited:
He has been good and takes way too much sh-- on this board. That said I will be more impressed if he continues to be this energetic on D and disciplined on O when we play ACC teams.
Boeheim doesn't do him any favors at times, often playing him too much and not yanking him when he heaves up bad shots. As for his D, definitely agree. A joe playing hard on D will translate into a lot of success for us. That, and also taking good shots - not hero ball.

We know his limitations. Where he is limited it will be on how his effort is maintained and he defers as needed along with the willingness of JB to go with Symir to help with offsetting. With Bell starting to get more comfortable and Benny's shot looking better there are opportunities for a shooter to step up. Even Taylor as a designated shooter. All that can help when Joe is neutralized.
It’s so wonderful that you know Joe’s limitations. Great job!

The more salient point is about other snipers. Do we have any on a sustainable basis.

If we don’t, and I really like what Chris and Benny have done, we’re done.

Let’s keep the defenders off our fireplug 2.

It’s so wonderful that you know Joe’s limitations. Great job!

The more salient point is about other snipers. Do we have any on a sustainable basis.

If we don’t, and I really like what Chris and Benny have done, we’re done.

Let’s keep the defenders off our fireplug 2.

Great job being snarky for no reason and misreading the post's intent.

Last I knew we doesn't = I.

We aren't keeping defenders off Joe. That simply isn't going to happen until others prove they can hit from 3 consistently which won't be over just a couple games.

When Joe is forced to be a ballhandler against pressure because Judah is being hounded he struggles, especially against bigger more athletic defenders. Additionally, he struggles to get separation off screens. It's not for a lack of effort either its just a lack of footspeed. In those situations he has to work hard on D and be a leader or we have to go with Symir and look to be more focused on driving the lane with Bell and or Benny making shots. It's just both player and coaching adjustments. Maybe by year end Bell will be a highly scouted 3pt threat and Joe will have more space. Until then though It's about a number of ways to deal with when it's a much tougher matchup for Joe.

Last edited:

We aren't keeping defenders off Joe. That simply isn't going to happen until others prove they can hit from 3 consistently which won't be over just a couple games.

When Joe is forced to be a ballhandler against pressure because Judah is being hounded he struggles, especially against bigger more athletic defenders. Additionally, he struggles to get separation off screens. It's not for a lack of effort either its just a lack of footspeed. In those situations he has to work hard on D and be a leader or we have to go with Symir and look to be more focused on driving the lane with Bell and or Benny making shots. It's just both player and coaching adjustments. Maybe by year end Bell will be a highly scouted 3pt threat and Joe will have more space. Until then though It's about a number of ways to deal with when it's a much tougher matchup for Joe.
You did a great job with paragraphs at the start.

And then….

Come on. We don’t need a long dissertation on Joe.

He’s a non high D1 guard. Should be coming off the bench in a Vinny Johnson way.

Actually your post was thoughtful and I was unfair in my response, so sorry for that.

But at the end…where would we be in the former Big East with Joe as a key player?

Seton Hall or Providence?

It’s sad how far we’ve fallen

Some of Joes best games last year were

Indiana
Miami x2
Clemson
NCSt
Duke without Buddy

And yes I know he gets more defensive attention this year.

was on him about the 2 point shooting but he's 17 for his last 25. I think a lot of it has to do with competition but it's made such a big difference in this five game winning streak
Everything, 100% of it, had to do with competition.

Some of Joes best games last year were

Indiana
Miami x2
Clemson
NCSt
Duke without Buddy

And yes I know he gets more defensive attention this year.
Only sentence that matters.

Matthew Broderick GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online