Jim Boeheim 8 am | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jim Boeheim 8 am

I still disagree.

The comments JB made on the kids who lost the lawsuit were ill advised for a man with his resources to make. No one is questioning that.

I don’t see how it puts the university in a bad light. Even if SU had to pay some small amount of money in this.

Same with pointing out a reporter with no expertise on the sport of basketball has no expertise on the subject. I don’t see this reflecting badly on Syracuse.

If he treated national media the way he treats some of the local media, maybe there is a point to be made here. Don’t get me wrong; I wish he wouldn’t be petty to some of the local reporters. But none of these incidents, including the latest one, has ever become a major news event that cast the university in a bad light.

Okay, you don’t like JB and want him fired. The best you can do it dig up a civil lawsuit from 15 years ago? One that he didn’t even lose? Even knows thse money grab lawsuits happen to rich people and are routinely settled for minor dollars.

When a national media member needs a thoughtful take on college basketball, JB is one of the first people they go to. He is widely respected. He is not a loose cannon that could go off at any time.

That’s one way to look at it .. the other is they go to him because their interview may go viral if he says some cray crap

JB also defended Katz and went after ESPN when Katz got let go.

The next guy is going to be really boring.
I got no problem with any coach saying stuff in the media. The problem is JB doesn’t have a filter.

The filter is what prevents the national media from piling on him.
He doesn’t care which is why he isn’t liked nationally by a lot of media.

I got no problem with any coach saying stuff in the media. The problem is JB doesn’t have a filter.

The filter is what prevents the national media from piling on him.
He doesn’t care which is why he isn’t liked nationally by a lot of media.

I'm personally old school with a lot of JB's stuff. Right or wrong I generally like the candor (the 5'2" thing was bush league though, he has better material than that).

I "think" what bothers him (I have no inside knowledge on this) is that he does have a lot of relationships offline with those guys, and every now and then I get the impression he feels it's used against him for a cheap point.

JB called Andy Katz one of the best national college basketball media a disloyal idiot because he asked JB questions about the Bernie Fine allegations.
JB doesn’t treat the national media any different except Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon who give as Soft an interview as anybody.

JB’s mouth gets him in trouble that it doesn’t have to because he doesn’t have a filter.

that’s not true at all. JB might do more national interviews than anyone and is always a draw. And not because he might say something uncalled for. If the national media felt he mistreated them he wouldnt go on just about every national show. The last ncaa tournament I remember him doing 3 in one day. It’s not just kornheiser and Wilson.

that’s not true at all. JB might do more national interviews than anyone and is always a draw. And not because he might say something uncalled for. If the national media felt he mistreated them he wouldnt go on just about every national show. The last ncaa tournament I remember him doing 3 in one day. It’s not just kornheiser and Wilson.
National college basketball media are not the biggest JB fans.
Between Thamel, Doyle, Forde, Parrish, Norlander the National writers pile on JB.
Kornheiser and Wilbon give him a soft landing.
He will go on Jim Rome but he isn’t a writer.

JB gets a lot of negativity for reasons those media know. JB goes on those national shows to as part of publicity for something he is advertising.
For years before March madness had every game on TV he would go on those shows to advertise for the March madness package. It was a paid interview essentially.
As he was advertising the package and was doing an interview.

Between Thamel, Doyle, Forde, Parrish, Norlander the National writers pile on JB.

JB gets a lot of negativity for reasons those media know. JB goes on those national shows to as part of publicity for something he is advertising.
For years before March madness had every game on TV he would go on those shows to advertise for the March madness package. It was a paid interview essentially.
Between Thamel, Doyle, Forde, Parrish and Norlander, I have no use for any of them. JB can go at them all he wants. Don't care. My problem with jb is when he punches down. Some college kid. There is just no need for that. Laugh off a dumb question. You don't always have to be snide. The 5'2 comment is exactly who jb is. And he needs to drop that act.

Jim hasn't to my knowledge put the University in a difficult position as a result of interviews.
As to his handling of the Fine situation and the two NCAA sanctions that is another story.

Between Thamel, Doyle, Forde, Parrish and Norlander, I have no use for any of them. JB can go at them all he wants. Don't care. My problem with jb is when he punches down. Some college kid. There is just no need for that. Laugh off a dumb question. You don't always have to be snide. The 5'2 comment is exactly who jb is. And he needs to drop that act.
Good take. I agree. I have no problem with attacking those National guys I was just pointing out they don’t like JB. Thus he gets a lot of negative coverage.

I don’t think any of those guys have national tv shows. I was talking about tv interviews which is what started this thread. You even mentioned kornheiser and wilbon. Why would you reply with writers when I said he’s done as many as 3 tv interviews in a day? He’s one of the tops.

I don’t think any of those guys have national tv shows. I was talking about tv interviews which is what started this thread. You even mentioned kornheiser and wilbon. Why would you reply with writers when I said he’s done as many as 3 tv interviews in a day? He’s one of the tops.
Other than Adam Schein on CBS and PTI on ESPN I can’t see JB doing interview on TV anymore.
He won’t go on First Take, HQ, any of the FS1 shows or other ESPN shows.
It’s PTI.

Other than Adam Schein on CBS and PTI on ESPN I can’t see JB doing interview on TV anymore.
It’s PTI.

ESPN has become a joke when it comes to covering basketball anyway. They hyped up that Duke/UNC game like it was a heavyweight fight when there were 25 better games this weekend.

And they are so sad Duke sucks that they are doing all they can to push them into the tournament when they are 11-11. Even Seth Greenberg has fallen into the propaganda trap.

It’s PTI.

I’m not going to rack my brain but JB has done a ton of national TV interviews and the ones I can think of right now in the past couple years have been Dan Patrick, mike golic and whomever his partners have been, Jim Rome, kornheiser as you mentioned, various ESPN shows, packer and Durham which started this thread (although they aren’t necessarily national) and many others that slip my mind.

I’m not going to rack my brain but JB has done a ton of national TV interviews and the ones I can think of right now in the past couple years have been Dan Patrick, mike golic and whomever his partners have been, Jim Rome, kornheiser as you mentioned, various ESPN shows, packer and Durham which started this thread (although they aren’t necessarily national) and many others that slip my mind.
I forgot Dan Patrick but he is a guy who always does soft interviews.
But you are right I forget him.

Packer and Durham are the ACC’s Paul Finebaum they are PR for the conference and won’t ever do anything but soft interviews.

JB is doing national interviews with people who won’t be hard on him. I don’t blame him for that either but the national media who write on college hoops aren’t nice towards him.

Jim is a good interview. He is knowledgeable, speaks freely, and usually provides an interesting nugget. He gets twisted when someone hits a nerve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom