Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy Boeheim - Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is here for one grad year, I say bring him aboard. I find it sadly hypocritical that so many posters have trouble with Jimmy coming for a year...a guy who is proven at the D-1 level...and they have no problem with Chaz Owens being here.

If SU addresses Jimmy's grad school requirements, what is wrong with him coming? Assuming he wouldn't get much PT over our returnees, maybe he would like the opportunity to be on the team with his brother and coached by his dad. Maybe that would be an experience that would last him for life regardless of playing time. There is nothing written in stone that he would have to play a lot and displace other players despite the handwringing by so many posters.

If he is here for one grad year, I say bring him aboard. I find it sadly hypocritical that so many posters have trouble with Jimmy coming for a year...a guy who is proven at the D-1 level...and they have no problem with Chaz Owens being here.

If SU addresses Jimmy's grad school requirements, what is wrong with him coming? Assuming he wouldn't get much PT over our returnees, maybe he would like the opportunity to be on the team with his brother and coached by his dad. Maybe that would be an experience that would last him for life regardless of playing time. There is nothing written in stone that he would have to play a lot and displace other players despite the handwringing by so many posters.

That’s all true.

Except - we all know how Boeheim do. ;)

Had the Ivy played a season this year, he could well have led the league in scoring(16.7ppg in 2019,injured) and probably would of won POY. Forget he's JB's son, would Syracuse turn down any other player of that level?

Had the Ivy played a season this year, he could well have led the league in scoring(16.7ppg in 2019,injured) and probably would of won POY. Forget he's JB's son, would Syracuse turn down any other player of that level?
would we take a high usage player with very modest offensive efficiency numbers? one who shoots a lot of 3s but was under 30% both last year & for his career?

would we take a high usage player with very modest offensive efficiency numbers? one who shoots a lot of 3s but was under 30% both last year & for his career?
Well, the counter to that is that he shot under 30% as the leading scorer last year, so he was the primary focus of the opposing team's defense.

The year prior, he shot 35% from 3 (on more attempts) because he was playing with Matt Morgan and was the secondary scorer.

At SU he would decidedly not be the 1st or even the second option...

In addition to what Forza cited, he has been working hard on all aspects of his game and will make the big junior to senior jump that all quality players usually do.

Well, the counter to that is that he shot under 30% as the leading scorer last year, so he was the primary focus of the opposing team's defense.

The year prior, he shot 35% from 3 (on more attempts) because he was playing with Matt Morgan and was the secondary scorer.

counter to your counter: his mundane efficiency was even lower as a secondary option

Every time he stepped on the court, someone would have to come off that is better than him. Benny Williams. QG, AG, Woody Newton, They are on the bench every time Jimmy steps on it. Do we want that? No. We don't.

Every time he stepped on the court, someone would have to come off that is better than him. Benny Williams. QG, AG, Woody Newton, They are on the bench every time Jimmy steps on it. Do we want that? No. We don't.
That was not my point. I said nothing about playing time. I was merely pointing out that his 3 pt % was significantly higher when he was a secondary option as a counter to Moqui’s point about his poor 3 pt shooting %.

if he comes and he deserves to play, he’ll play. If not, he’ll sit. Not worried about that.

counter to your counter: his mundane efficiency was even lower as a secondary option
Please be more specific regarding his mundane efficiency. Not following. Sorry.

I just remember he played well against us last year. If JB would actually do a rotation and keep players fresh I say welcome aboard. He would not even need to use a scholarship.

Does anybody really doubt whether or not Jimmy will land at Syracuse?

I'm afraid that Boeheim will forget that he's a coach first, and their dad second.
This is not middle school. He already plays Buddy a little too much.
I can't imagine he will be able to hold off his temptation to play them both for too many minutes to be best for the team.

Let's start with the point that Jimmy is a forward and would have to play the bottom of the zone.
If Bobby Braswell can't get time, and Woody has trouble getting 10 minutes, how do you think they will feel if Jimmy comes in here and starts playing 15-20 minutes a game?

Please be more specific regarding his mundane efficiency. Not following. Sorry.
offensive efficiency is the number of points generated per 100 possessions.
the higher over 100 the better
jimmy had an efficiency of 100.0 last season and 98.1 the year before

our current crop of forwards and their efficiency:
quincy 140.6
marek 118.3
woody 112.1
griff 106.7

marek's & quincy's worst seasons were each better than jimmy's best

Does anybody really doubt whether or not Jimmy will land at Syracuse?

i don't think jb wants to see his son in a position where he doesn't have a great chance at success so, no, i don't think he'll end up at syracuse

That was not my point. I said nothing about playing time. I was merely pointing out that his 3 pt % was significantly higher when he was a secondary option as a counter to Moqui’s point about his poor 3 pt shooting %.

if he comes and he deserves to play, he’ll play. If not, he’ll sit. Not worried about that.
I would hope he would go somewhere where he could play and do very well. I think he deserves that. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

offensive efficiency is the number of points generated per 100 possessions.
the higher over 100 the better
jimmy had an efficiency of 100.0 last season and 98.1 the year before

our current crop of forwards and their efficiency:
quincy 140.6
marek 118.3
woody 112.1
griff 106.7

marek's & quincy's worst seasons were each better than jimmy's best

i don't think jb wants to see his son in a position where he doesn't have a great chance at success so, no, i don't think he'll end up at syracuse
SU is a dynamic offensive team at point, scored a 100 twice already. Many scoring threats. Cornell had a couple of scorers and numerous non-scorers. If you were to put Marek on an Ivy team, he wouldn't dominate the league. Or the other guys either, probably.

I would hope he would go somewhere where he could play and do very well. I think he deserves that. It will be interesting to see where this goes.
This is what I am thinking might be Jimmy’s (The Younger) requirements:

Excellent academics
Good (but not too good) basketball. I am sure he wants to play and contribute
Good coaching staff. HC SB someone JB respects
Location close to Syracuse convenient for Juli (and sometimes Jim) to attend games
And it can’t be an Ivy League school

Army fits but...it’s Army. I don’t think you transfer there late and I don’t think Jimmy is the military type.

Hamilton is a decent fit but probably too much of a drop in level of basketball. Long shot.

SUNY Buffalo is a little too good. No playing time likely to be had there. No.

SUNY Binghamton. Maybe, but their basketball is not good. Would be easy for Jimmy to see some of his old teammates play in Ithaca. Decent possibility.

SUNY Albany. Maybe. Binghamton is closer and I think the basketball is a little better. Less likely than Bingo.

Niagara. Maybe. Paulus is a trusted friend of JB’s. The level of play is similar to Cornell; maybe a bit tougher. Not crazy far away. Academics aren’t at the same level as Cornell but they have to be pretty good.

St Bonaventure? No way a Boeheim ever goes there as long as JB is alive. Same goes for Georgetown while we are eliminating old rivals. The funny thing is, Jimmy could help the Hoyas, old friend Louis Orr is an assistant there and I think JB is friends now with Ewing. Still can’t see this ever happening.

Boston College. I think this is a long shot possibility. He could probably start there, the academics are very good, JB could see him play in person for at least 2 games, and it isn’t hard to get to (drive or fly). A bit of a long shot but maybe.

The only other ACC school I could see him at is Wake, mainly because it is a terrific school academically, pretty easy to get to and the skill level of the players currently on the roster is low enough Jimmy could probably play a lot.

If I had to hazard a guess though, I would guess Colgate. I know Colgate is a big rival of Cornell and that might be a problem, but the academics are again very good, the level of basketball is quite good, roughly equivalent to the Ivy League and it would be really convenient for the his parents to see a lot of his games. Even more so than Cornell.

Excellent academics
Location close to Syracuse convenient for Juli (and sometimes Jim) to attend games

Army fits but...it’s Army. I don’t think you transfer there late and I don’t think Jimmy is the military type.

Hamilton is a decent fit but probably too much of a drop in level of basketball. Long shot.

SUNY Buffalo is a little too good. No playing time likely to be had there. No.

SUNY Binghamton. Maybe, but their basketball is not good. Would be easy for Jimmy to see some of his old teammates play in Ithaca. Decent possibility.

SUNY Albany. Maybe. Binghamton is closer and I think the basketball is a little better. Less likely than Bingo.

Niagara. Maybe. Paulus is a trusted friend of JB’s. The level of play is similar to Cornell; maybe a bit tougher. Not crazy far away. Academics aren’t at the same level as Cornell but they have to be pretty good.

St Bonaventure? No way a Boeheim ever goes there as long as JB is alive. Same goes for Georgetown while we are eliminating old rivals. The funny thing is, Jimmy could help the Hoyas, old friend Louis Orr is an assistant there and I think JB is friends now with Ewing. Still can’t see this ever happening.

Boston College. I think this is a long shot possibility. He could probably start there, the academics are very good, JB could see him play in person for at least 2 games, and it isn’t hard to get to (drive or fly). A bit of a long shot but maybe.

The only other ACC school I could see him at is Wake, mainly because it is a terrific school academically, pretty easy to get to and the skill level of the players currently on the roster is low enough Jimmy could probably play a lot.

If I had to hazard a guess though, I would guess Colgate. I know Colgate is a big rival of Cornell and that might be a problem, but the academics are again very good, the level of basketball is quite good, roughly equivalent to the Ivy League and it would be really convenient for the his parents to see a lot of his games. Even more so than Cornell.

Or third or fourth option for that matter.

Excellent academics
jimmy wants business school, right?
university of washington has a top 25 b school & fits all of your criteria except close to home
Excellent academics Check
Good (but not too good) basketball. I am sure he wants to play and contribute Check
Good coaching staff. HC SB someone JB respects Check
Location close to Syracuse convenient for Juli (and sometimes Jim) to attend games Nope
And it can’t be an Ivy League school Check

and hop is in dire need of bodies next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online