Jimmy | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense, but that's an awful idea.

Duke had reasons to strive for continuity -- they are recruiting as well as they ever have, and they have fielded top 10 teams 4 of the past 5 years. They don't want that to change, and they have incentive to maintain the status quo.

Our recruiting is average in general -- and below average, compared to our historical program standard. Our on-court results have been below average. And we're trending down on both fronts.

Therein lies the difference. There is no candidate good enough to be named "coach in waiting."

No way. The coaches currently on the staff are all contributing to the dysfunctional product, the poor recruiting, etc. The only thing that will turn this titanic around is an infusion of new ideas and new energy. Not a continuation of the same sorry approach.

Everyone familiar with the definition of insanity? Let's avoid that.
Only way I am okay with a HCIW type of deal is if we follow the Purdue model.

Purdue hired Matt Painter from the outside and let Gene Keady have a sendoff year. Painter was the lead assistant and HCIW he recruited and Keady got 1 last year.
Painter took a demotion for one year for his legendary mentor to have a last year.

If we did that I would be okay with a HCIW but I don’t want a current assistant like Duke and UNC did.

Purdue hired Matt Painter from the outside and let Gene Keady have a sendoff year. Painter was the lead assistant and HCIW he recruited and Keady got 1 last year.
Painter took a demotion for one year for his legendary mentor to have a last year.

If we did that I would be okay with a HCIW but I don’t want a current assistant like Duke and UNC did.
Who are you going to get rid of to hire that outsider?

JB ain't getting rid of Gerry, Autry, or Griffin.

Listen, I’m okay with this scenario if JB leaves after 2023 season. However, a coach in waiting needs to be named. How Duke is handling coach K stepping down is absolutely perfect. The recruiting takes no hit. There’s no guessing games. There’s no drama. It is perfectly seamless. This is my main concern that JB will be so stubborn that he won’t allow that to happen. If we follow the Duke plan, I don’t care what happens with this roster for next year
Totally agree I would 100% be onboard with this happening.

Why do you think there is so much transfer talk about Benny already. There’s stuff on the inside as well as outside noise. This is one of those things that would push him out

Everyone one of our transfers or early departures from last year would have helped this years team 100x more than Williams has. We could have 4-5 more wins if we had a playable first forward off the bench Bras/QG/Woody.

We have to add someone a LOT better for that role next year. It could of course be Williams if he improves. But I don't know if JB can take that risk. If the entire team returns and we get a grad transfer 6th man wing and we have a 5 deep recruiting class that we want to give all of them some PT you can't blame him if he jumps.

Sticking around seems to be the best option most of the time though. Woody Newton would be playing 20 mins per night maybe more if he stayed they are DNPing him hard at Okie St.

Everyone one of our transfers or early departures from last year would have helped this years team 100x more than Williams has. We could have 4-5 more wins if we had a playable first forward off the bench Bras/QG/Woody.

We have to add someone a LOT better for that role next year. It could of course be Williams if he improves. But I don't know if JB can take that risk. If the entire team returns and we get a grad transfer 6th man wing and we have a 5 deep recruiting class that we want to give all of them some PT you can't blame him if he jumps.

Sticking around seems to be the best option most of the time though. Woody Newton would be playing 20 mins per night maybe more if he stayed they are DNPing him hard at Okie St.
I think we need a transfer wing and point guard and I am ok with Jimmy coming back.

Who are you going to get rid of to hire that outsider?

JB ain't getting rid of Gerry, Autry, or Griffin.
Which is also part of the problem.

Landing this plane is going to be a helluva challenge for Wildhack and, so far, I'm underwhelmed since the plan just seems to be to let JAB continue doing what ever he wants.

I hope the NCAA allows this to happen, on top of that, I’m not using sarcasm, let his boys come back and he can ride out to the sunset with them. We have an ending, he gets a retirement tour with his children, and let’s hope this team improves and can make done noise. Will we get better? I don’t know, but let’s use the year to celebrate 45+ years of JB and have the clean break. He leaves on his terms, we have an end date, the search for a coach can happen sooner. This is a better scenario than ones that could happen.

This place is funny - I agree this yr has been frustrating but fast forward to next January without JB3 and BB and everyone on this board will be saying they wished we had them back after watching the frosh struggle.
To be brutally honest - the program is in decline and I don't believe it will improve until we have a new head coach.

I'm willing to give the program some down years with some promise that things can get better.

Rolling it back next season kicks the can down the road and makes it harder to recruit.

The straight honest truth is we need to move on.

Listen, I’m okay with this scenario if JB leaves after 2023 season. However, a coach in waiting needs to be named. How Duke is handling coach K stepping down is absolutely perfect. The recruiting takes no hit. There’s no guessing games. There’s no drama. It is perfectly seamless. This is my main concern that JB will be so stubborn that he won’t allow that to happen. If we follow the Duke plan, I don’t care what happens with this roster for next year
The acceptance stage!

To be brutally honest - the program is in decline and I don't believe it will improve until we have a new head coach.

I'm willing to give the program some down years with some promise that things can get better.

Rolling it back next season kicks the can down the road and makes it harder to recruit.

The straight honest truth is we need to move on.
Also, the idea that fans won’t accept a “rebuild” is nonsense.

Roy retired last year
Coach K this year
JB goes out in 2023 with 1000+ wins and Buddy being the all time scoring AND 3pt leader in Cuse history. All 3 leave together and Joe may even join them.

I'm all for this, if it signifies JB riding off into the sunset afterwards.

JB deserves to live out the dream scenario of being able to coach his sons. And the program / fanbase deserve a clearly delineated finish line.

Win - win.

I thought that was what this year was. Glad we get to see round 2 next year that should be super exciting I am sure filled with a totally different result.

Two of our best players are coming back next year and we are complaining. The team needs more players not less. You guys are incredible. This team is definitely struggling but I find the issue with Girard as the primary PG as the issue not the Bros. Boeheim.
They are all part of the problem. Not THE problem, but when combined, there is literally no recipe for success.

We can't win enough with this roster because of how unathletic, weak and poor they are defensively. Add in the lack of any kind of offensive penetration and playmaking, and there is just not nearly enough ability to be any kind of threat.

I thought that was what this year was. Glad we get to see round 2 next year that should be super exciting I am sure filled with a totally different result.

You thought this was going to be JB's last year?

Also, the idea that fans won’t accept a “rebuild” is nonsense.

I contend with the rebuild part. I will be shocked if the HC is not Hopkins, Red or Gerry. I suspect one of those 3 are the HC of Syracuse in 2023-24 season and they'll build on the infrastructure that is in place. This isn't a tear down. They need to freshen things up but any new HC will bring in someone from the outside. Maybe we get another Weaver when things shake up. I would think if Red or Gerry get the job the other may be leaving as well to pursue another gig elsewhere. Hopkins as HC probably allows one of those guys to stick around as a lead assistant HC.

That would be great -- but I don't see someone as controlling as JB going for having someone outside the family sitting alongside him, as a HCIW.

You thought this was going to be JB's last year?
With the expectation of both Jimmy and Buddy as well as Cole moving on after the season? It wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

The commentary about certain guys that have left, why certain recruits didn't commit.

I don't even know what to say.

This is the easiest thing to recruit against us, ever. "Is your last name Boeheim or are you friends with the family? No. Then what are you doing considering Syracuse?".

Honestly, what are we doing?
What are we doing?

Not running a serious program, thats what

Roy retired last year
Coach K this year
JB goes out in 2023 with 1000+ wins and Buddy being the all time scoring AND 3pt leader in Cuse history. All 3 leave together and Joe may even join them.
And then JB comes back to the dome the following year for a halftime ceremony to congratulate his other son, JG3 on breaking one of those records….probably the 3pt one! Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom