JMA Wireless to take over Carrier Dome Naming Rights | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

JMA Wireless to take over Carrier Dome Naming Rights

I just read JW article on NIL cooperative and wondered if JMA could allocate a portion of the naming rights payments to the cooperative and utilize the players in advertising.

how much is the product gonna be used by the avg fan though.. where will they make their money.. the taco bell dome at least the name pushed into the stream of people buying the product. the JMA dome the people hearing the name dont buy the product and the people who do use their product wont stumble across it on a game promo

Maybe their target audience isn't the average fan?

Notre Dame game, national TV, probably at night. Welcome to the loud house, brought to you by JMA Wireless, the creator of the world's most advanced 5g platform. I can tell you, partner, my 5g is working great inside this building tonight.

I'm guessing their target audience is somewhere on the other side of that TV. Not Joe from Liverpool who's wondering why he doesn't crave Taco Bell even more than normal.

Maybe their target audience isn't the average fan?

Notre Dame game, national TV, probably at night. Welcome to the loud house, brought to you by JMA Wireless, the creator of the world's most advanced 5g platform. I can tell you, partner, my 5g is working great inside this building tonight.

I'm guessing their target audience is somewhere on the other side of that TV. Not Joe from Liverpool who's wondering why he doesn't crave Taco Bell even more than normal.
maybe it is.. just thinking on avg SU game the audience of 300K or whatever.. Just how many people watching are the ones that can pull the trigger on whatever the product is they provide and is gonna pull that trigger based on hearing a name on some game they are watching. On top of that they need to be willing to spend X amount. Now the flip side if they spend $2 mil a yr for 10 years they only need one $20 million deal to be even or ahead with right offs.. so who knows how much its value really is.

maybe some other stadium dude is watching and decides to upgrade their campus/city..

maybe it is.. just thinking on avg SU game the audience of 300K or whatever.. Just how many people watching are the ones that can pull the trigger on whatever the product is they provide and is gonna pull that trigger based on hearing a name on some game they are watching. On top of that they need to be willing to spend X amount. Now the flip side if they spend $2 mil a yr for 10 years they only need one $20 million deal to be even or ahead with right offs.. so who knows how much its value really is.

maybe some other stadium dude is watching and decides to upgrade their campus/city..
JMA isn’t selling anything directly to consumers. They are selling to other corporations and institutions. I’m not sure you have a good grasp on what they actually produce.

Agreed it's a stretch on the NIL value to JMA but if they were encouraged by SU to allocate a portion of the money to a cooperative and or the Athletic complex the end result would be less money to SU and more to the players. For JMA they would still get the benefit of the naming rights plus the benefit of the player endorsements. SU would be the entity that would be giving up money not JMA.

JMA isn’t selling anything directly to consumers. They are selling to other corporations and institutions. I’m not sure you have a good grasp on what they actually produce.
which is exactly what I was saying.. when you name something over a product and measure the value, the product matters.. advertising for Ford/Pepsi vs advertising for computer chips. Vast difference in the value to a company like JMA vs a company selling to consumers and I would think the money they spend on this would be different as well. Saying the name 1000X JMA Domewhen 1 in 10000 people would care is different than the BUD dome where 1 in 5 would care.

We dont sit in the dome hoping for free Tacos the same way we do hoping for free AC units.

You don't even know what a write off is.

how much is the product gonna be used by the avg fan though.. where will they make their money.. the taco bell dome at least the name pushed into the stream of people buying the product. the JMA dome the people hearing the name dont buy the product and the people who do use their product wont stumble across it on a game promo
Like Lucas Oil Stadium?
Qualcomm
Invesco
Pengrowth
Alltell etc etc etc
There are a ton of stadiums named after stuff not everyone uses

Like Lucas Oil Stadium?
Qualcomm
Invesco
Pengrowth
Alltell etc etc etc
There are a ton of stadiums named after stuff not everyone uses
yup
lucas oil indiana company roots with a huge consumer following $6 mill per year
Qual comm $3 mill per yr. this is kinda like what JMA does. consumer products
pengrowth. consumer products

Alltel was $6 for 10 yrs.originally.. They pretty much did the deal to be a good friend to the area. Help it grow.. Consumer products another kinda in JMAs area

JMA being a local company promotes good will for sure.

FQzalbJWUAkAjmg

I just read JW article on NIL cooperative and wondered if JMA could allocate a portion of the naming rights payments to the cooperative and utilize the players in advertising.
No it’s a deal with the university. Separate money sure.

I am not kidding when I say this, nor do I mean this out of pure dislike or spite, but I will literally never refer to the dome as the JMA Wireless Dome.
Neither will I. It should have been called the ERNIE DAVIS FORUM (or DOME), The ORANGE DOME, ORANGE FORUM. But I'll settle for what I have always called it - THE DOME.

Last edited:
Love the re-use of the benches for local schools, but only, and I mean only AFTER I purchase one for my cave.

And lose out on money? I’d take it being called the Chuck E Cheese dome if it meant more money for all sports
Nah. JMA Wireless would still pay regardless.

Officially Official (sort of):

For more than 40 years, the Carrier Dome has been synonymous with Syracuse University and Orange Athletics. Carrier's historic 1979 gift represented the first naming agreement for a major stadium in college sports, and one of the first in all of sports. More than four decades later, Carrier, whose support was instrumental in creating one of the most iconic and electric sports and events venues, has agreed to allow Syracuse to rename its stadium, effective May 1.

"With Carrier's cooperation, we will seek to rename our stadium while we continue our work to transform the experience for our students, faculty, staff, fans and Central New York community," says John Wildhack, director of athletics. "Without Carrier's generosity and longstanding support, completion of the Carrier Dome would not have been possible, nor would the decades of iconic sports moments and Central New York memories. We are eternally grateful for the tremendous impact Carrier has had on Orange Athletics, the Syracuse University community and the Orange fan base."

While Syracuse University considers the future identity of the stadium, it will also embark on the next phase of its work to enhance, elevate and expand the stadium experience. This includes a complete reseating, a new publicly accessible event facility and an upgrade of the entire digital infrastructure. The University will begin work later this spring with some of it scheduled to be complete as early as September 2022. The University continues to work closely with the appropriate state and local agencies to ensure enhancements to the stadium align with and support the state and county's economic development priorities and processes.

"Syracuse University is proud of the important role the Dome plays in the Central New York community and grateful for its longstanding relationship with Carrier," says Chancellor Kent Syverud. "The Dome has been an iconic sports and entertainment venue for more than 40 years. These new enhancements will generate new and additional economic activity in Central New York and continue the Dome's reputation as one of the top collegiate venues for generations to come."

The latest phase of renovations builds on the recently completed $118 million transformation of the Dome funded entirely by the University and private philanthropy without state or federal funding. Upcoming renovations include:
  • Reseating the entire venue: The University will transition all seating from bench to individual/fixed seating. The new seating, a longtime request of area fans, will not only improve comfort, but will also enhance accessibility for patrons with disabilities. The Dome's existing bench-style seating will be salvaged and made freely available to high school stadiums and venues across New York state.
  • Build an on-site and publicly accessible event facility: The University will design and construct a roughly 25,000-square-foot addition on the east end of the Dome to infill the space between the Dome and the Barnes Center at The Arch. This new space will provide an improved fan experience, expanded event and gathering space, and upgraded accessibility. This addition will make the Dome more competitive with other peer venues across the United States.
  • Upgrading the Dome's digital infrastructure: The University will elevate the fan experience in the Dome by establishing the most modern connectivity offerings for fans and other users of the Dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom