Joe cant play this style of game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joe cant play this style of game

But one thing that had in common was the hatred form the fans. It's easy to forget now. Everyone wanted Cooney gone as well.
I liked him and defended him. He was a hooper.

But one thing that had in common was the hatred form the fans. It's easy to forget now. Everyone wanted Cooney gone as well.
It’s sad really, a bunch of adults attacking people half their age, growing up comes slower for some

Does Joe ever play “smart”? Just because he makes a shot doesn’t make it smart, he’s a low iq player plain and simple.
I think he has smart moments. He's long been our best at getting the ball to the bigs so they can get buckets. That has a lot of value.

If you're looking for someone to claim he's a super high IQ player though, I'm not that guy.

To me it's more the effort. He's never going to be a lockdown defender. But he can be a guy that busts his tail on that end of the floor. That goes a long way. And you'd expect a senior to get that being a complete player matters.

When he's hitting shots like crazy like Richmond his value is obvious. When his shooting percentage sucks out loud like against the Johnnies it's definitely fair to examine what else he brought to the table, and the rest of his game was... not good.

Fun fact: Joe has not played a single game in his SU career where we were ranked.
The Princess Bride Reaction GIF

And after all of these years you would hope that Jim would realize that. Why was Joe in the game when it was obvious he didnt have it tonight.
Only reason we beat Buffalo two years ago was because he was taken out and Kadary played.

Only reason we beat Buffalo two years ago was because he was taken out and Kadary played.
Jim is loyal and he loves Joe like a son that is the only reason I can come up with as to why Joe has had the run at SU that he has had. He is a good player, but he has been treated by Jim like he is the second coming of Gmac. Jim not Joe cost us the game tonight. Joe needed to sit as he didn't have it, and this was a terrible match up for him. Jim lost this game with his stubbornness.

Jim is loyal and he loves Joe like a son that is the only reason I can come up with as to why Joe has had the run at SU that he has had. He is a good player, but he has been treated by Jim like he is the second coming of Gmac. Jim not Joe cost us the game tonight. Joe needed to sit as he didn't have it, and this was a terrible match up for him. Jim lost this game with his stubbornness.
Yeah, but kind of no too, he is heads above shoulders better than Symir, much better chance of Joe making an off balanced 25 footer than Symir doing something positive at the end of the game. This sucks…

We had a shot to win this as Joe scored 31 on Monday. Yes, cost us this game, but it was a great Big EAST game from the past. Come on, you all had to admit it was awesome. We came back from 6 down and had a chance to win in regulation. Fantastic performance.

Go CUSE.
I’ll give you a like for the positivity. But we didn’t “come from 6 down” like we were losing all game. We were winning by 12 before that and botched it. And we’re up 6 most of the second half

Yeah, but kind of no too, he is heads above shoulders better than Symir, much better chance of Joe making an off balanced 25 footer than Symir doing something positive at the end of the game. This sucks…
Symir with his best Anthony Mason impersonation tonight. Pound the ball into the floor for 28 seconds and not actually advance the ball more than 3 feet.

You might not have noticed, we didn't recruit anyone for next year. Not a 2 guard. Not anyone.
So infuriating. as you know, we did recruit a 2-guard, Reid Ducharme, and then we completely blew that recruitment when it looked like we had it all locked up. JB has really screwed up our recruiting mojo by not putting in the effort.

I’ll give you a like for the positivity. But we didn’t “come from 6 down” like we were losing all game. We were winning by 12 before that and botched it. And we’re up 6 most of the second half
yes yes and yes. When it aint broke dont fix it. judah got tired wasnt driving and ran away from the ball causing 3 passes out of bounce, put copeland in. 5 fouls with over 12 minutes to go in the second half to not have them in one and ones by the 5 minute mark is blasphemy, Joe and symir are sgs. copeland and mintz are driving guards. we don't need a pg.
jejeejejh.png

Last edited:
I will be so happy when he graduates. Reminds me of Cooney. Has a great game and then and you hope he continues and he falls into a chasm. Then you combine his way below average defense and you have a mediocre player. I hope we recruit a shooting guard with more height and more speed than Girard.
At least Cooney tried on defense. Joe does not

Symir with his best Anthony Mason impersonation tonight. Pound the ball into the floor for 28 seconds and not actually advance the ball more than 3 feet.
I get what ur saying, but we don’t actually run an offense where we got guys moving and cutting. I think he should have attacked basket more than he did but Jim is in his head. Also he is a great defender. Works hard at it

Symir and Joe were not great.

This team has no real veteran leadership which is going to be troubling.

Yup, that game was a rock fight in the 2nd half and Girard was a fish out of water.
Copeland can rebound and play D. Mintz was out of gas in OT.
JB made the remark of playing guys you can win with in the 2nd half. Well, what was Girard doing
out there then?

I think he has smart moments. He's long been our best at getting the ball to the bigs so they can get buckets. That has a lot of value.

If you're looking for someone to claim he's a super high IQ player though, I'm not that guy.

To me it's more the effort. He's never going to be a lockdown defender. But he can be a guy that busts his tail on that end of the floor. That goes a long way. And you'd expect a senior to get that being a complete player matters.

When he's hitting shots like crazy like Richmond his value is obvious. When his shooting percentage sucks out loud like against the Johnnies it's definitely fair to examine what else he brought to the table, and the rest of his game was... not good.
You’re talking about value not IQ, good he can make one or two pnr plays a game, what guard can’t? If a guard can’t make that play to a 7 foot player go play division two basketball.

You’re talking about value not IQ, good he can make one or two pnr plays a game, what guard can’t? If a guard can’t make that play to a 7 foot player go play division two basketball.
We've had a lot of dII guards recently then. :cool:

Outside of Buddy what other guards played the last 3 years than Joe?

I was fine with Buddy’s game.
Buddy didn't feed the bigs at all.

Our convo has strayed though. I think we're in agreement that there are certain things we're seeing from Joe, and certain things we're not seeing from Joe, that are surprising considering the amount of experience he has and that he's cast in a "senior leader" role.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom