Joe Girard is returning | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard is returning

Kadary leaving and Kadary's playing time have nothing to do with Joe. Not his fault, he's just a player who plays. I really have nothing against Joe, glad we signed him and he's been a big contributor his first 2 years. That said our best backcourts last year were:
  1. Kadary & Buddy
  2. Kadary & Joe
  3. Joe & Buddy
As huge of a fan as I am It will be hard for me to get excited about a Joe Buddy backcourt without the hope of Kadary getting more PT.

Kadary leaving and Kadary's playing time have nothing to do with Joe. Not his fault, he's just a player who plays. I really have nothing against Joe, glad we signed him and he's been a big contributor his first 2 years. That said our best backcourts last year were:
  1. Kadary & Buddy
  2. Kadary & Joe
  3. Joe & Buddy
As huge of a fan as I am It will be hard for me to get excited about a Joe Buddy backcourt without the hope of Kadary getting more PT.

Season is over before it begins if they are our starters.

Other teams are going to roast us nightly. Good chance Joe transfers next year will he want to sit on the bench as a senior? If we get any decent scholarship PG that guy will probably pry the job away eventually from Joe.

Hopefully JB can promise Kadary the starting gig and have him reconsider.

Season is over before it begins if they are our starters.

Other teams are going to roast us nightly. Good chance Joe transfers next year will he want to sit on the bench as a senior? If we get any decent scholarship PG that guy will probably pry the job away eventually from Joe.

Hopefully JB can promise Kadary the starting gig and have him reconsider.
Jb will play Girard 40 mpg and our 18 and 14 season of a couple of years ago will look good next year.

"Boeheim has run off basically all his guards the past couple of years because of Joe Girard and I doubt any really good guard will want to come in to back him up. I feel badly for Girard, his coach has put an unbelievable amount of pressure on the kid to be great and he just isn't that kind of player and he's turned the fanbase against him."

Direct from the boneryard. Couldn't be more accurate even though we'll be lucky to get average play from Joe.

Even if we have a good season everyone will be furious that we aren't the top team we would be with Kadary.

Not sure why so many think he's leaving, or think it's a strong possibility. He's a competitor who has exceled at every level (of multiple sports) his entire life. In my opinion, if JB sits him down and tells him he will come off the bench in 2021-2022 and that Kadary will be the starting PG day 1, I think Joe has a better situation to stay at SU, compete for the 3rd guard spot on a very good team, and then be the presumptive starting PG as a senior in 2022-2023. This feels like a much better option than trying to transfer to BC or UMass or a lesser program.

Of course, this presumes that some other guy who's better than Richmond will come here, when 4 guards have left in the last 2 seasons now because of perceived bias in favor of Buddy and Joe, and we currently have zero high school guards signed for next year.

Who are we going to get? More NBA audition guys, that's who.

Of course, this presumes that some other guy who's better than Richmond will come here, when 4 guards have left in the last 2 seasons now because of perceived bias in favor of Buddy and Joe, and we currently have zero high school guards signed for next year.

Who are we going to get? More NBA audition guys, that's who.

We probably want a shoot 1st guard. We won't get a good enough distributor pass first guard to replace Kadary the fall off will be too much.

We will get someone decent or at least with a track record of scoring at the D1 level.

They will know it will be a 3 guard rotation and they only have to compete with Joe. The heat on JB will be so strong that if our guard transfer shoots lights out they might get the bulk of the minutes.

I assume there will be at tradeoff between size for the zone and ball handling.

"Boeheim has run off basically all his guards the past couple of years because of Joe Girard and I doubt any really good guard will want to come in to back him up. I feel badly for Girard, his coach has put an unbelievable amount of pressure on the kid to be great and he just isn't that kind of player and he's turned the fanbase against him."

Direct from the boneryard. Couldn't be more accurate even though we'll be lucky to get average play from Joe.

Even if we have a good season everyone will be furious that we aren't the top team we would be with Kadary.
One guard of value left. One. And accordingly to some there were a lot of non basketball issues that contributed.

One guard of value left. One. And accordingly to some there were a lot of non basketball issues that contributed.

Something like this happens and of course there will be hearsay and slander.

We aren't used to getting dumped by our players for other schools. Noones left us for more spotlight at Kentucky. Kadary's non basketball issues wouldn't have been as big a deal if he didn't watch Joe and Buddy get treated differently than he was.

I heard rumors about Kadary leaving weeks ago. I posted about it here, although a bit cryptically because nothing was certain then. What I heard then was that it was on-court stuff. He made an ultimatum and Boeheim bet he would blink. He didn't.

I heard rumors about Kadary leaving weeks ago. I posted about it here, although a bit cryptically because nothing was certain then. What I heard then was that it was on-court stuff. He made an ultimatum and Boeheim bet he would blink. He didn't.
Anyone who has played knows that the players know who is better. There isnt a player or coach on SUs team including Joe that doesn't know Kadary was twice the player. I guarantee Kadary ate Joe for lunch in practice.
Jim not starting Kadary had nothing to do with anything legitimate and anyone who is honest and knows anything about basketball realizes it. Being hurt is different but the kid was a special talent who wasn't treated equally as Joe and he left as he should have.