Joe Girard is returning | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard is returning

Joe would have been able to start at the 2 as a 5th year senior and likely at the 1 his 4th year if Kadary had started as a Sophomore and left.

JB moving him out of the starting 5 wouldn't have lasted the rest of his career.

Excellent news. A true Orangemen and someone very valuable for us.

cuse!
Definitely good news. Kadary leaving wasn't regardless of how anyone wants to spin it. We'll be ok but what that means is yet to be determined. Kadary was also a true Orangemen this year along with everyone else on the roster...but yea he is more of a true Orangemen then the next guy because he's sticking it out.

One guard of value left. One. And accordingly to some there were a lot of non basketball issues that contributed.
Look at the stats for Carey and Goodine. Goodine piled up DNP-CDs and played a lot of games for 10 minutes or less. Carey lost his starting job in game #2 and rarely played above 15-20 minutes and I think made 1 3 pointer all year. They turned out be small losses and weren't gonna play at SYR.

Anyone who has played knows that the players know who is better. There isnt a player or coach on SUs team including Joe that doesn't know Kadary was twice the player. I guarantee Kadary ate Joe for lunch in practice.
Jim not starting Kadary had nothing to do with anything legitimate and anyone who is honest and knows anything about basketball realizes it. Being hurt is different but the kid was a special talent who wasn't treated equally as Joe and he left as he should have.

It used to be the coaches knew it, too.
I remember we used to have a forward, Eric Williams, who was the starter at F alongside Ryan Blackwell, until about 11 games into the season, skinny Damone Brown took over the starting job and never looked back.

At the time, Boeheim made the comment when asked by the press about the change in the lineup, "The players know who the other best players are." He meant that there was no controversy. Everybody in practice knew who the better player was.

What happened to that guy?

I guess we can bank on Buddy, Joe, Benny (if the G-League doesn't steal him) and maybe Jimmy B? Joe needs to work his a** off this offseason and lay off the Twinkies and improve his ball handling and defense.

I guess we can bank on Buddy, Joe, Benny (if the G-League doesn't steal him) and maybe Jimmy B? Joe needs to work his a** off this offseason and lay off the Twinkies and improve his ball handling and defense.
Lol. Nit bubble?

Season is over before it begins if they are our starters.

Other teams are going to roast us nightly. Good chance Joe transfers next year will he want to sit on the bench as a senior? If we get any decent scholarship PG that guy will probably pry the job away eventually from Joe.

Hopefully JB can promise Kadary the starting gig and have him reconsider.
You have 6 months to find another team to cheer for since you won't be cheering for SU.

You have 6 months to find another team to cheer for since you won't be cheering for SU.
So you are happy with our best player being run off?

I bet Syracuse to make the Final Four and all 3 games. I'm the most optimistic fan on this board.

I've also seen players regress. I think JG3 is in very precarious territory in that regard.

So you are happy with our best player being run off?

I bet Syracuse to make the Final Four and all 3 games. I'm the most optimistic fan on this board.

I've also seen players regress. I think JG3 is in very precarious territory in that regard.
Really don't care. Depending on who you believe Kadary's leaving may or may not have been pt/team related. 2020/21 was a bad year for kids to get use to a new environment and living away from home. Saying things are obvious doesn't make it so. I've become wary of even "inside sources" .

Really don't care. Depending on who you believe Kadary's leaving may or may not have been pt/team related. 2020/21 was a bad year for kids to get use to a new environment and living away from home. Saying things are obvious doesn't make it so. I've become wary of even "inside sources" .

A reporter for the Daily Orange appears to have spoken with Richmond.
He's reporting that Richmond asked if he would be the starter next year; Boeheim said "no, Joe will continue to start".

He's reporting that Richmond asked if he would be the starter next year; Boeheim said "no, Joe will continue to start".
I trust coach over some green Daily Orange Reporter. We all know Boeheim would not say those exact words so garbage from DO.

that same reporter also talked to JB who told a different story.