Joe Girard | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Simply put, our ceiling is limited with him playing significant minutes. Wont change as long as he is playing 20+ mpg consistently. Not exactly sure what the hell JB is watching. He is a liability.

Simply put, our ceiling is limited with him playing significant minutes. Wont change as long as he is playing 20+ mpg consistently. Not exactly sure what the hell JB is watching. He is a liability.

He's playing the role our coach puts him in.

Can't fault him for that.

I think there is a role that JGIII could be a very effective bench player. But what do I know.

Jim keeps hoping he morphs in Gmac.

Joe was debilitated by covid this year. He has asthma. It affected his breathing and he was extremely exhausted. He couldn’t see people or interact. He got out of shape. He missed playing in front of people. I don’t know why we can’t see what he does next year. He had some great games last year and was the best darn free throw shooter on the team.

my biggest problem with girard is he doesnt let the game come to him. if he hasnt taken a shot in awhile hes gonna jack 1 up. if he makes a shot then next time down hes gonna have a heat check. or drive in the lane and be in no man’s land among the trees. you can see a bad girard shot or play coming from a mile away. he thinks hes better than he is alot of times.

my biggest problem with girard is his hair. He needs a better hairstyle. I feel like that would help his game a lot. I'm not even sure what he's doing up there.

Otherwise, I like him as a back-up. No issues. He's certainly not what you want as your starting PG, but he can give minutes - and likely that's all he was intended for when he was brought in.

Joe was debilitated by covid this year. He has asthma. It affected his breathing and he was extremely exhausted. He couldn’t see people or interact. He got out of shape. He missed playing in front of people. I don’t know why we can’t see what he does next year. He had some great games last year and was the best darn free throw shooter on the team.

Is he going to grow or get rid of asthma?

He's a 2G playing PG.

my biggest problem with girard is his hair. He needs a better hairstyle. I feel like that would help his game a lot. I'm not even sure what he's doing up there.

Otherwise, I like him as a back-up. No issues. He's certainly not what you want as your starting PG, but he can give minutes - and likely that's all he was intended for when he was brought in.
You've given me the courage to finally say it...

He has Butthead's hairstyle.

None of this absolves him for the over the shoulder pass that had zero chance of being completed or the repeated ill advised shots he takes. COVID crushed Woody Newton too. One plays and the other doesn’t. Amazing how that happens.

You've given me the courage to finally say it...

He has Butthead's hairstyle.

He DOES! hahaha

It's amongst the worst I've seen in sports - and I watch hockey AND soccer.

This board complains whenever there is an upstate NY player making shots for another team. We get an upstate guy and now want him off the team.
Joe dug us out of a deep hole last year when Carey sucked so bad. That wasn’t joe fault and it wasn’t the plan for him originally to be a 4 yr starter. I think that earned JB trust. Many of his faults were hidden by Hughes point forward ability though.
I do agree there is no reason he should start over kadary but to cast him off seems like an overreaction.

Strong possibility. Never been, but makes sense.

I think the only way you can successfully work with that look is if you own a lot of denim jackets - and none of them have sleeves.
True story - highschool aged OiG had a sleeveless denim jacket with a leather collar and fake wool on the inside and that thing was the balls.

None of this absolves him for the over the shoulder pass that had zero chance of being completed or the repeated ill advised shots he takes. COVID crushed Woody Newton too. One plays and the other doesn’t. Amazing how that happens.
I really like woody and would have liked to see him playing more minutes. But one player ran point all year and put up 12 ppg as a frosh and the other was a frosh who was also dealing with covid. Who should have played more? Debatable. I could see the argument for woody. But people acting like JB just wants to play worse players for no reason is absurd.

I really like woody and would have liked to see him playing more minutes. But one player ran point all year and put up 12 ppg as a frosh and the other was a frosh who was also dealing with covid. Who should have played more? Debatable. I could see the argument for woody. But people acting like JB just wants to play worse players for no reason is absurd.
Not saying that. But Newton was good early this year. He gets COVID and is now going to transfer. Meanwhile, JG gets COVID and it’s an excuse to why he was terrible. If he was terrible then why was he playing so much then?

It’s been obvious since UVa, November 2019. Him paired with Buddy would always be a liability defensively and against many opponents’ D. He’s a 3rd or 4th guard off any quality P5 team. We can only so far with Girard playing 30 a night and our margin for error is razor thin.

Him playing so much over Kadary could do more to hurt the future as it did the past.

Not saying that. But Newton was good early this year. He gets COVID and is now going to transfer. Meanwhile, JG gets COVID and it’s an excuse to why he was terrible. If he was terrible then why was he playing so much then?
I don't know I just don't think it's some broad conspiracy or Jb's desire to play less competent players. Either way, I'll be sad to see woody go if that's the end result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom