Joe Girard | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Girard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying that. But Newton was good early this year. He gets COVID and is now going to transfer. Meanwhile, JG gets COVID and it’s an excuse to why he was terrible. If he was terrible then why was he playing so much then?
If Woody transfers out it's because Benny Williams is coming in. Who wants to be recruited over?

Joe is with the perfect team. They play well together and has a big that knows how to play. They are tough minded and share the ball. Joe looks really slim and is working really hard on the defensive end. He still got beat a few times last night, but he’s trying.

Joe is with the perfect team. They play well together and has a big that knows how to play. They are tough minded and share the ball. Joe looks really slim and is working really hard on the defensive end. He still got beat a few times last night, but he’s trying.
Really is amazing. Leads an undefeated team in minutes. Second in scoring shooting 45%from 3 , 3-1 assist to turnovers and is out rebounding most of our forwards. Good for him, but man he is going to light us up.

I root for him and hope he plays well against us but we win the game.

Joe is leading top 25 unbeaten Clemson in minutes played. He’s shooting 45% from three and has a 3.5 to 1 assist to TO ratio. He’s playing adequate man to man defense for one of the best defensive teams in the ACC. A great ending of his college career for Joe.

Cuse!

Really is amazing. Leads an undefeated team in minutes. Second in scoring shooting 45%from 3 , 3-1 assist to turnovers and is out rebounding most of our forwards. Good for him, but man he is going to light us up.
I agree. He's going to want to score 50 on us. Need to...

Seth Meyers Omg GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

"Share the ball" is right on, but it only happens when you have 5 pieces
on the floor that trust each other and can contribute when it's their
time. There isn't any combination that SU can put out there that meets
that criteria. Taylor and Bell have their moments, but the off guard and center
positions are a zero offensively. One dynamic player and 4 question marks
won't get it done.

If we didn’t have to play him twice would definitely be wishing him well but those games are gonna suck.
That might be the biggest home crowd of the season.

So happy for Joe. Sometimes change is a great thing and for Joe it was just what he needed.

JB asked Joe to do too much. Brownwell isn't. Joe's in the perfect situation. Good for him.
He has the lowest usage rate of his career while making more 3's, more assists, more rebounds, and less turnovers than last season. There's probably a good chance he makes at least 2nd team ACC if he keeps this up.

"Share the ball" is right on, but it only happens when you have 5 pieces
on the floor that trust each other and can contribute when it's their
time. There isn't any combination that SU can put out there that meets
that criteria. Taylor and Bell have their moments, but the off guard and center
positions are a zero offensively. One dynamic player and 4 question marks
won't get it done.
He definitely looks in better shape than when he was here.

He has the lowest usage rate of his career while making more 3's, more assists, more rebounds, and less turnovers than last season. There's probably a good chance he makes at least 2nd team ACC if he keeps this up.
Yep…The key stat that Millhouse would have loved. Way less 2s this year. Clearly he’s in a better situation for him. I still don’t believe he wouldn’t have helped OUR team in its current structure. Unlike how Kadary would have immensely helped Buddy, Joe didn’t appear to work with the current guard lineup we have

Yep…The key stat that Millhouse would have loved. Way less 2s this year. Clearly he’s in a better situation for him. I still don’t believe he wouldn’t have helped OUR team in its current structure. Unlike how Kadary would have immensely helped Buddy, Joe didn’t appear to work with the current guard lineup we have
It should be noted that their offense is nothing like ours. Everything is run through the bigs. PJ Hall may be ACC POY and someone we have no chance of matching up with. Their perimeter players are constantly moving and rarely do you see anyone take more than 2 or 3 dribbles. Everything is off the pass.

Last edited:
It should be noted that their offense is nothing like ours. Everything is run through the bigs. PJ Hall may be ACC POY and someone we have no chance of matching up with. Their perimeter players are constantly moving and rarely do you see anyone take more than 2 or 3 dribbles. Everything is off the pass.
They play as a TEAM, and we're just not there yet. We need a leader, and so far no one player has emerged. Funny enough, a guy like Jon Bol Ajok was perfect because he was a well liked elder statesman who led by example. You got the sense everyone respected his attitude even though he didn't play much.
As for JG3, I was sad to see him go but recognize that it was best for all involved. He's never had an issue w/ offense, it's his defence, position, and minutes played when he was at SU, that were criminal.
Bad job in player usage by JB.

They play as a TEAM, and we're not there yet.
As for JG3, I was sad to see him go but recognize that it was best for all involved. He's never had an issue w/ offense, it's his defence, position, and minutes played when he was at SU, that were criminal.

Criminal?

They play as a TEAM, and we're just not there yet. We need a leader, and so far no one player has emerged. Funny enough, a guy like Jon Bol Ajok was perfect because he was a well liked elder statesman who led by example. You got the sense everyone respected his attitude even though he didn't play much.
It should be noted he leads Clemson in minutes played and has a better defensive Box Plus Minus than every guard on our team outside of Judah. I think too often we blamed a lot of our defensive issues on Girard when it’s clear we have guys who are even worse on that end.

It should be noted he leads Clemson in minutes played and has a better defensive Box Plus Minus than every guard on our team outside of Judah. I think to often we blamed a lot of our defensive issues on Girard when it’s clear we have guys who are even worse on that end.
Fair enough. But he was never a fit for zone or to play PG for 40 mins.
Imo, JB' s unwillingness to shift gears based on personnel was a major factor in his eventual downfall. Turns out square pegs really don''t fit round holes. Duh
I also believe Red is now repeating that similar mistake, by playing Maliq out of position on this year's team. And I don't buy the "out of necessity" nonsense. You had all off season to address the backup center position, and barring a major injury, there's just no excuse for it. Maybe for small ball, but not as a permanent feature. JMHO

Fair enough. But he was never a fit for zone or to play PG for 40 mins.
Imo, JB' s unwillingness to shift gears based on personnel was a major factor in his eventual downfall. Turns out square pegs really don''t fit round holes. Duh
I also believe Red is now repeating that similar mistake, by playing Maliq out of position on this year's team. And I don't buy the "out of necessity" nonsense. You had all off season to address the backup center position, and barring a major injury, there's just no excuse for it. Maybe for small ball, but not as a permanent feature. JMHO
I don’t really think playing Maliq at the 5 is the reason we are underachieving, but that’s my opinion.

Benny going awol again, Westry being injured and the final number one reason of JJ being a completely broken player is why we aren’t better than we thought we would be.

Theres been some huffing and puffing about Taylor and Bell this season, but there’s more on their plate than anyone ever expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom