John Beilein to the Pistons? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

John Beilein to the Pistons?

Why can't he win with the Pistons? He'd have Griffin and Drummond and the East sucks.
Griffin is incredibly unreliable to stay healthy.
Drummond is not a good fit for today’s NBA.
They couldn’t make the playoffs this year.
They won’t win squat in the East.
Boston
Philadelphia
Toronto
Washington
Milwaukee
Miami

Are all better. They can compete with Indiana and Charlotte to make the playoffs.

Bump. Maybe this should be combined with Beilein thread

I think Beilen is a hell of a coach; the idea of a 66 year old who has never coached in the NBA making the jump, I dunno

Why not......! Twice the pay for 2 years and no recruiting hassles.

At 66 this only makes sense if he cares about $$$.
He wouldn’t win squat with the Pistons but I am sure the salary would be in 5-6 million per year range and he wants that type of payday without recruiting anymore.
As a October to April grind is a lot harder but if he wants the paycheck maybe.

He spent a lot of his career at lower paying jobs. I don't begrudge him for a minute if he wants to cash in.

Griffin is incredibly unreliable to stay healthy.
Drummond is not a good fit for today’s NBA.
They couldn’t make the playoffs this year.
They won’t win squat in the East.
Boston
Philadelphia
Toronto
Washington
Milwaukee
Miami

Are all better. They can compete with Indiana and Charlotte to make the playoffs.
They don't have the shooters/guards for a system similar to his. That would be tough to overcome in the next 3-4 years.

The NBA seems to respect college coaches who are good offensive strategic minds over hardass college coach. So at least he has that going for him.

Why can't he win with the Pistons? He'd have Griffin and Drummond and the East sucks.
The east is going to be extremely competitive next year with Boston, Toronto, Philly and depending on what Milwaukee and Cleveland do

At 66 this only makes sense if he cares about $$$.

I would not fully agree with that. I can certainly see a coach wanting to coach in the NBA as a goal and this would be his last chance.

He spent a lot of his career at lower paying jobs. I don't begrudge him for a minute if he wants to cash in.

I mean it could be as simple as highly competitive, driven person being highly competitive and driven.

But yes I agree with this for sure.

The east is going to be extremely competitive next year with Boston, Toronto, Philly and depending on what Milwaukee and Cleveland do
Meh. We say that every year about the East.

Meh. We say that every year about the East.
Boston’s win total has been going up from 48 two years ago to 55 this last year.
They will be a high 50s to low 60s win team.
Philly won 52 last year. They will win mid 50s to low 60s next year.

Detroit isn’t winning anything. They aren’t even on Washington or Toronto level.

Then you got the Bucks and Heat who are trending up.

I wouldn’t blame Beilein for wanting the NBA money but Detroit isn’t a spot he would win anything more than maybe a single playoff round with.

Boston’s win total has been going up from 48 two years ago to 55 this last year.

Detroit isn’t winning anything. They aren’t even on Washington or Toronto level.

I wouldn’t blame Beilein for wanting the NBA money but Detroit isn’t a spot he would win anything more than maybe a single playoff round with.

So what? Lol. So winning a round in the playoffs is bad now?

Beilein to the Pistons, first call to Kevin Pittsnoggle, who comes out of retirement. He shows up with a killer mullet and single handedly brings it back in to style and averages 37ppg and 1.2rpg.

So what? Lol. So winning a round in the playoffs is bad now?
I think when leaving a job you have to analyze the potential of the next one.
Again as I said if it’s a cash grab potential doesn’t matter but if people want to say it’s about coaching in the NBA I wouldn’t just take any job if I already had a good one.
Beilien isn’t an assistant who will take any job he has a good college job.
If he is leaving then saying the best case for him is winning a playoff round that isn’t a lot of potential.

Again I would bet he wouldn’t even win a single round in the playoffs if he gets the job.
Where am I saying anything telling him not to take the job. All I am saying is the Pistons isn’t a bottomish NBA job and Beilein isn’t young.

I understand why Billy Donovan left Florida for OKC. He got a contending job and got them to game 7 of the WCF.

I understand why Brad Stevens left Butler for Boston. He was young and got an unheard in the pro basketball coaching 6 year contract.

I wouldn’t blame Belein if he wanted the Pistons job I would just question the Pistons management.

Are we sure Washington and Toronto are going to be that good? They have some warts and issues. Washington in particular has an ugly cap situation.

Bucks are trending up, not sure about the Heat though. Whiteside could blow them up.

Nobody is going to disagree that it looks right now like Philly and Boston are going to be the contenders in the East for a while, but beyond that, who's all that interesting? Maybe the Bucks?

To you I say Beilein, shoot your shot.

Are we sure Washington and Toronto are going to be that good? They have some warts and issues. Washington in particular has an ugly cap situation.

Bucks are trending up, not sure about the Heat though. Whiteside could blow them up.

Nobody is going to disagree that it looks right now like Philly and Boston are going to be the contenders in the East for a while, but beyond that, who's all that interesting? Maybe the Bucks?

Bucks could be better than both depending on how Parker’s handled and how the summer goes.

Bucks could be better than both depending on how Parker’s handled and how the summer goes.
I'm low key rooting for LeBron to sign and trade and end up on the Bucks.

I'm low key rooting for LeBron to sign and trade and end up on the Bucks.
They’d be the greatest team of all time imo.

Im also in the minority thinking Drummond could be a good fit with Brogdon, middleton, maker and giannis

T
The Raptors had the second youngest team in the playoffs. They have a very young bench that was effective last year but were only in their first and second year (Anunoby, Poeltl, Siakem, Van Vleet). Delon Wright was in his third year, but his first year with real time.

They will not 59 wins again, but they have been around 50 for a number of years. They are going to get 50+ again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom