John Gillon | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

John Gillon

I don't know -- did we really want anybody else taking that shot with how hot Gillon was tonight?

Plus, we botched the way that last possession went down. He didn't have much choice but to try to get to a spot where he could hoist up an uncontested shot.

Hardly how the coaches would have drawn it up, but I wasn't surprised when he drilled it. The basket must have looked like a hula hoop to Gillon tonight.
That shot had the perfect camera angle. As soon as it left his hand, I confidentiality said "it's good". Amazing night.

It's on Twitter from @TitanicHoops. Brent Axe had retweeted it I believe.
I am so sorry for my ignorance, but how do I access it from Twitter so I can post it in an email? THANK YOU. ( I am guessing I have to join Twitter, which may be an "about time" moment.)

Yeah, and it was strange that the last three and the one previous where he went left around the top screen were actually jump shots. When he did it the first time I thought it was strange to see him actually pull up like that. Was worried when it left his hand. The last one, I just knew with how hot he was, it was going in!

That last one also had the perfect camera angle for it. That thing looked good the whole way. With his usual set shot, I thought we were screwed once he started to dribble into the double team haha. I couldn't believe it when he hung in the air to get it off.

It's not as easy when they know you need a 3. Everyone on NC State was out high. If he drove quick for a 2, that would have bothered me more. Just not enough time to try that route.

White couldn't get in place to set the pick. Sometimes you just have to rely on a guy to make a big shot.

Tonight, we had that guy.

Just watched it again a few times. Lydon was standing around waiting for I don't know what and White looked like he was setting a pick on himself. So yeah, I guess that was the best he could do.

Just watched it again a few times. Lydon was standing around waiting for I don't know what and White looked like he was setting a pick on himself. So yeah, I guess that was the best he could do.

We had a lot of guys standing around watching the grad transfer show last night.

Without using a timeout, it becomes a fire drill. We're not the only victim of something like that happening.

Not sure if we had a timeout or not.

Everything is the right decision when it works out.

Otherwise, yeah, I'd be furious today and wishing Rowan woke up with the flu (at the very least). I'm plenty shallow enough to admit all of that.

If you go to syracuse.com it shows Gillon right before the shot. He is lucky he didn't step out of bounds. Crazy play. Reminiscent of Gmac's buzzer beater against Georgetown in 04...

Plus, we botched the way that last possession went down. He didn't have much choice but to try to get to a spot where he could hoist up an uncontested shot.
QUOTE]

Hasn't that been our end of game play for the last 41 years?
See also Tyler Ennis, Kris Joseph, Ryan Blackwell, John Wallace, Greg Monroe, Pearl, and others...

:) Yeah... When you got a guy that is shooting like that and you have an offense who likes to watch people shoot! That was the best play you could hope for. ;-)

It's always OK when they make that shot though isn't it! Like Terrance Roberts a few years back, I think his three sent it to overtime or won the game in the closing seconds. Even though we won, it felt slightly dirty having to roll the dice with a T-Rob three.

With the magic Gillon had going Wednesday, I would have felt cheated if he didn't hoist the last shot, regardless... That game was one of the best we've been involved in IMO, and at this point of THIS season it has a chance of being the most important one by a large margin.

:) Yeah... When you got a guy that is shooting like that and you have an offense who likes to watch people shoot! That was the best play you could hope for. ;-)

It's always OK when they make that shot though isn't it! Like Terrance Roberts a few years back, I think his three sent it to overtime or won the game in the closing seconds. Even though we won, it felt slightly dirty having to roll the dice with a T-Rob three.

With the magic Gillon had going Wednesday, I would have felt cheated if he didn't hoist the last shot, regardless... That game was one of the best we've been involved in IMO, and at this point of THIS season it has a chance of being the most important one by a large margin.

That T-Rob 3 was against Rutgers. :oops:

If he repeats tomorrow what he did against NC State the implications are breathtaking!! This could be so HUGE!!

We had a lot of guys standing around watching the grad transfer show last night.

Without using a timeout, it becomes a fire drill. We're not the only victim of something like that happening.

Not sure if we had a timeout or not.

Everything is the right decision when it works out.

Otherwise, yeah, I'd be furious today and wishing Rowan woke up with the flu (at the very least). I'm plenty shallow enough to admit all of that.
We had 1. I think if JB called a TO, Gottfried would have told his guys to foul. I think it was the right call by JB (Monday Mornign QB) but when Gillon is as hot as he is, his best chance for an open look is improvising.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom