John O'Korn is transferring from Houston | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

John O'Korn is transferring from Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Last season, right? As in 2014. I guess I was watching a different Syracuse team then because I saw an o-line that couldn't gain short yardage if it's life depended on it. I saw an o-line that allowed so many pass rushers through that we played our 4th string qb because the first 3 got hurt.
Then again, you didn't say "better than average", so maybe you meant something else.
I agree with you that the offensive coaching was lacking.
Dollar, you need to stick to at least a few facts. Hunt was hurt on a running play.

Really? Last season, right? As in 2014. I guess I was watching a different Syracuse team then because I saw an o-line that couldn't gain short yardage if it's life depended on it. I saw an o-line that allowed so many pass rushers through that we played our 4th string qb because the first 3 got hurt.
Then again, you didn't say "better than average", so maybe you meant something else.
Agree completely. The OL was awful. Go back to the first game of the year vs Villanova. The OL was fully intact and couldn't move a DL that the outweighed by 30 - 40 lbs. Injuries are just an excuse.

Agree completely. The OL was awful. Go back to the first game of the year vs Villanova. The OL was fully intact and couldn't move a DL that the outweighed by 30 - 40 lbs. Injuries are just an excuse.
There have been numerous posts correcting the notion that the OL was intact vs Nova. It was not.

OrangeinBoston said:

We also didn't allow a sack for 4 games and ran for 300 yds on MD. But I'm sure you have excuses on why that doesn't count.

Dollar, you need to stick to at least a few facts. Hunt was hurt on a running play.
My recollection was that he was hit from behind while scrambling. Even if it was a run, he was dragged down behind the LOS after a missed block. Seriously, the OL was NOT good this year.

Average being, having at least comparable talent to half the teams in CFB. So yes, I believe that to be true. You're equating how they played to how good they are. Remember going into the season the o-line was supposed to be one of our strong points with the fewest question marks. The o-line had the talent to be average; it was coaching, scheme, and who knows what else that lead them to underperform.

Average being, having at least comparable talent to half the teams in CFB. So yes, I believe that to be true. You're equating how they played to how good they are. Remember going into the season the o-line was supposed to be one of our strong points with the fewest question marks. The o-line had the talent to be average; it was coaching, scheme, and who knows what else that lead them to underperform.

Actually, going into the season, SU's Oline was projected to be one of the top in the ACC. Hickey was talked about as a top two rounds OT at the most important position on that line and the group as a whole had more starts between them than all but 1 or 2 ACC schools if I recall correctly. That was what was so depressing to me and I blamed it somewhat on injuries and mostly on poor coaching. Also pointed out to me just how great Perles was in that job. We traded down, big time. Adam certainly could progress in that job and do much better this year. He'll need to. We'll see.

So, no word yet on O'Korn?
No I don't think so but a bunch of guys are fighting over spilt milk right now and I'm enjoying reading their posts about the relevance of our squad from last year. As Terrell Owens once said, "Get your popcorn ready!"

My recollection was that he was hit from behind while scrambling. Even if it was a run, he was dragged down behind the LOS after a missed block. Seriously, the OL was NOT good this year.
My recollection is that he was hit while going out of bounds vs L'ville. Could be wrong.

My recollection is that he was hit while going out of bounds vs L'ville. Could be wrong.
I believe this is correct.

I'm glad we got this settled in a thread about John O'Korn, possible transfer from Houston.

(This isn't a shot at you, Crusty - I just can't believe what a bizarre turn this thread has taken)

I believe this is correct.

I'm glad we got this settled in a thread about John O'Korn, possible transfer from Houston.

(This isn't a shot at you, Crusty - I just can't believe what a bizarre turn this thread has taken)
I tried to get the train back on its tracks but to no avail.

I know that Wikipedia should be taken with a shaker of salt, but there's this (sorry if already posted):

John O'Korn is former American footballquarterback for the Houston Cougars and currently transfered toSyracuse Orange as of January 20, 2015.

Frozen, while browsing Wikipedia, can you see if Washington has a page and add that he's committing to the Orange(men) and will be the next great 44 to lead Syracuse?!

There have been numerous posts correcting the notion that the OL was intact vs Nova. It was not.
doesnt matter.

it was nova.

couldve started all freshmen and they shouldve dominated the LOS.

Might not make a difference anyway looks like we have space at this point for 2014 and 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom