John O'Korn is transferring from Houston | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

John O'Korn is transferring from Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
qdawgg said:
My position is and always has been, we have better talent than literally one of the worst teams in CFB. I don't give a if all of our WR's were hurt. We had an OL with experience, even the backups and a million RB's that had proven at different points they had talent to run the ball at a minimum of a mediocre level. So I hate it when people say we had no talent, it's absolutely ridiculous. We didn't have national championship talent, duh, but we had more talent than to be one of the worst teams in CFB.

One of the worst in CFB wouldn't be finishing in the top 30 in defense.

Sorry, but I agree with Dasher on this one. This team had essentially no game breakers. Think of the better Syracuse teams and imagine the wide outs and running backs on those teams those teams had vs. this team. I was in school in the 60's and we had players like Floyd Little, Jim Nance, John Mackey and Larry Csonka. In the 80's and 90's we had receivers like Rob Moore and Marvin Harrison.

I thought the defense for the most part played admirably. The offense was awful and I believe most of that had to be attributed to a lack of talent

Hahahaha. Yes, you are correct that we have no Floyd Little, Jim Nance, John Mackey, Larry Csonka, Rob Moore or Marvin Harrison on this squad. Neither do any other teams in the ACC.

The question was whether our players would play on other ACC squads and more specifically Dasher stated that none of our WR would play on any upper echelon ACC squad, which I took to mean the upper half of ACC teams and none of our RB would play on any other ACC squad at all and our Oline was average. I think he is wrong. Your argument that we don't have a College Football Hall of Fame player on the current squad is not relevant to the question.

It does, but I'm not sure why he would tweet about Green Bay since Wiscy is in Madison.

Of course, if this is like his BIG tweet about BIG things and BIG yada yada yada...it means nothing football related. But for some reason I have a feeling this one is definitely football related.

gb seems like wisconsin
It does, but I'm not sure why he would tweet about Green Bay since Wiscy is in Madison.

Of course, if this is like his BIG tweet about BIG things and BIG yada yada yada...it means nothing football related. But for some reason I have a feeling this one is definitely football related.

God bless? Sounds about right for this guy. Or Gilgit-Baltistan according to hashtags.org. Less likely.

God bless? Sounds about right for this guy. Or Gilgit-Baltistan according to hashtags.org. Less likely.
Actually you're probably dead on with that.

#GoBadgers

#GoBadgers
Don't you dare. Don't...you...dare.

Unless you're going to follow up by saying O'Connor is coming to SU. That's the only way I'll accept that.

He's coming here with "the other Rocco". Slight speculation of course. ;)

Wisconsin announced 8 early enrollees today. 2 QBs neither of which are O'Korn. If the kid wants to be a semi lock to start in 2016 he should come here or he can get stuck at UW

Penn State kid seems more logical. Kid from Canada (closer) with one more year than O'Korn. Then again, he may not be any good. Who knows. Still worth a shot.

I was thinking Green Bay for some reason but honestly, who really knows. I've long learned to not even try to decipher recruits twitter messages. I have a hard enough time understanding my friends' tweets.

Michigan would make sense and they sure have the room, they had so few commits under a lame duck Hoke

If we don't get O'Korn...man, please let us land O'Connor.

My son's name is Conor. I'll take a QB named O'Connor.

If we don't get O'Korn...man, please let us land O'Connor.

My son's name is Conor. I'll take a QB named O'Connor.

Conor may be better than most of the QBs on our roster. We need one of the two transfers. Unless Dungey is ready in 2016, a lot to ask, we are in a scary position

qdawgg said:
The offensive line was more than average.

Really? Last season, right? As in 2014. I guess I was watching a different Syracuse team then because I saw an o-line that couldn't gain short yardage if it's life depended on it. I saw an o-line that allowed so many pass rushers through that we played our 4th string qb because the first 3 got hurt.
Then again, you didn't say "better than average", so maybe you meant something else.
I agree with you that the offensive coaching was lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom