John O'Korn is transferring from Houston | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

John O'Korn is transferring from Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisconsin doesn't make sense. Badgers have a big time recruit at QB coming in from Utah next year. However, Chryst is a really good QB coach.

I reiterate: let's put Korn and all of the other QBs in a bus and take them to the Jersey shore. Put them in a line 30 yards back and see if any of them can hit the ocean.

Yep, that is the whole point. Bring Drew Allen here, he looks like he's never thrown the ball before. All of our QBs have suffered the same fate and O'korn will likely also. A viable offense and this team gets 8 wins. A great offense and we could win the ACC. It's not missing talent and it's not a lack of playmakers. It's a lack of competent coaching on the O.
So you watched the bowl games and thought, syracuse has as much talent as anyone in the ACC? We have a big talent gap. Our wide outs wouldn't play upper level ACC schools. Our running backs may not play at lower ACC teams. Our o-line is at best, average. Our qb's...well did you watch the games this year?

dasher said:
So you watched the bowl games and thought, syracuse has as much talent as anyone in the ACC? We have a big talent gap. Our wide outs wouldn't play upper level ACC schools. Our running backs may not play at lower ACC teams. Our o-line is at best, average. Our qb's...well did you watch the games this year?

Most mid-lower level WR's wouldn't play at upper ACC schools. That's part of the reason they are upper level. Although I was very impressed with Ish as a freshman. He might end up as a high level all-ACC type.

I watched the season and thought, there is no way this talent is one of the worst in all of CFB but that's exactly where we were at the end of the season. Biggest difference between the middle of the pack teams and us... coaching, not talent.

We disagree. It's ok, we apparently always will on this topic. Yes, I believe our WR could play on other teams in the ACC. Not Florida State or Clemson because they recruit better than we do and get 4 stars all the time, but any other team and I mean any. Ish could certainly play at any ACC school other than FSU and Clemson and could probably play at either of those a year or two from now. He is more talented than Lemon or Sales were at any point in their careers. From what I saw of Estime, he could play for any but those top two, as well. Broyld-- who knows because the guy has been jerked around from position to position with poor coaching along the way and this year health issues.

Yes I think our RB could play at most other ACC schools-- not FSU or Clemson or Miami, but any of the others. PTG, McFarlane, Erv and before this year I would've said Morris too. Jerome Smith could have, too.

Our Oline had the talent this year to be in the top 3 or 4 of the ACC as shown by how they did under Perles. They had health issues and I believe very poor coaching by Adam that made them look average.

Our QBs have all looked awful. It's a coaching issue not a talent issue. Know how I know? Drew Allen played well in a backup role for Oklahoma and was higher rated as a recruit than anyone we've had play QB in the last 10 years and he looked like dog crap here. Hunt and Long and Kimble and Wilson were 3 star recruits who've looked like they couldn't start for a decent high school team. That's coaching, scheme, play calls and stupid player rotations.

Know how we'll know for sure? Hire a proven freaking D-1 OC and some good position coaches on the offensive side. We can bring in a 4 star and some will work out and some won't.

Lat year Jarod West was 9th in the ACC in YPG - not too darn bad. Ish was 30th. Ben Lewis was 36th.

Lat year Jarod West was 9th in the ACC in YPG - not too darn bad. Ish was 30th. Ben Lewis was 36th.
Crusty, guys averaged a decent ppg ave in the Big East that would never get off the bench here. Stats don't mean much.

Crusty, guys averaged a decent ppg ave in the Big East that would never get off the bench here. Stats don't mean much.
Wait, those stats are for last year in the ACC. West was the 9th best receiver in the ACC is ypg - that counts if anything does. Bear in mind who was throwing him the ball as well.

We disagree. It's ok, we apparently always will on this topic. Yes, I believe our WR could play on other teams in the ACC. Not Florida State or Clemson because they recruit better than we do and get 4 stars all the time, but any other team and I mean any. Ish could certainly play at any ACC school other than FSU and Clemson and could probably play at either of those a year or two from now. He is more talented than Lemon or Sales were at any point in their careers. From what I saw of Estime, he could play for any but those top two, as well. Broyld-- who knows because the guy has been jerked around from position to position with poor coaching along the way and this year health issues.

Yes I think our RB could play at most other ACC schools-- not FSU or Clemson or Miami, but any of the others. PTG, McFarlane, Erv and before this year I would've said Morris too. Jerome Smith could have, too.

Our Oline had the talent this year to be in the top 3 or 4 of the ACC as shown by how they did under Perles. They had health issues and I believe very poor coaching by Adam that made them look average.

Our QBs have all looked awful. It's a coaching issue not a talent issue. Know how I know? Drew Allen played well in a backup role for Oklahoma and was higher rated as a recruit than anyone we've had play QB in the last 10 years and he looked like dog crap here. Hunt and Long and Kimble and Wilson were 3 star recruits who've looked like they couldn't start for a decent high school team. That's coaching, scheme, play calls and stupid player rotations.

Know how we'll know for sure? Hire a proven freaking D-1 OC and some good position coaches on the offensive side. We can bring in a 4 star and some will work out and some won't.

Sorry, but I agree with Dasher on this one. This team had essentially no game breakers. Think of the better Syracuse teams and imagine the wide outs and running backs on those teams those teams had vs. this team. I was in school in the 60's and we had players like Floyd Little, Jim Nance, John Mackey and Larry Csonka. In the 80's and 90's we had receivers like Rob Moore and Marvin Harrison.

I thought the defense for the most part played admirably. The offense was awful and I believe most of that had to be attributed to a lack of talent

So for those who don't visit the recruiting board, there's another transfer option out there: Michael O'Connor of Penn State - http://.com/is-oconnor-another-qb-transfer-option/

I thought the defense for the most part played admirably. The offense was awful and I believe most of that had to be attributed to a lack of talent

The offensive line was more than average. Broyld, Estime, McFarland all have decent talent. We had more RB's than we knew what to do with, most who had done damage at some point in the past. This talent was nowhere close to the worst in CFB. I think some people just aren't comprehending that we were one of the WORST offensive teams in CFB. Bottom 5, worse than over 100 other teams. The offensive players are absolutely not some of the worst players in CFB, not even close.

Our coaching was one of the worst in CFB and didn't put our offensive players in positions to succeed.

dasher said:

The ACC and the old BE were very comparable in nearly every statistic.

Our coaching was one of the worst in CFB and didn't put our offensive players in positions to succeed.
I'm banking on this. Question is, where exactly is coaching improvement coming from?

I'm not going to full out blame the coaching but I do agree with Dino bbq that Ish has already shown great talent as well as pretty good potential, and he could play anywhere else in the ACC. West put up fine numbers but talent-wise Ish and Brisley are a step up from any other receiver we have.

Love how it's either talent OR coaching.

It's a mix of these things to various degrees:

- coaching
- talent
- injuries
- schedule
- bad luck
Let's be honest - it's always, without fail, whatever is going to support your opinion...whether that side is BS or not.

My position is and always has been, we have better talent than literally one of the worst teams in CFB. I don't give a if all of our WR's were hurt. We had an OL with experience, even the backups and a million RB's that had proven at different points they had talent to run the ball at a minimum of a mediocre level.

So I hate it when people say we had no talent, it's absolutely ridiculous. We didn't have national championship talent, duh, but we had more talent than to be one of the worst teams in CFB.

qdawgg said:
My position is and always has been, we have better talent than literally one of the worst teams in CFB. I don't give a if all of our WR's were hurt. We had an OL with experience, even the backups and a million RB's that had proven at different points they had talent to run the ball at a minimum of a mediocre level. So I hate it when people say we had no talent, it's absolutely ridiculous. We didn't have national championship talent, duh, but we had more talent than to be one of the worst teams in CFB.
wouldn't say Cfb but power 5 yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors