Jordan Tucker Derail Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker Derail Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im guessing he has plenty of that. I dont think thats it.
Really? For him, his kids from 2 marriages, future grandkids? When you can make millions a year and not even have to perform well in your job?
C'mon man...

How'd that turn out? Did the problem get fixed?

Well, we went from getting blown out by St Johns and BC - and seemingly looking at 0-18 in the ACC,
to beating FSU, UVA, and Duke, to finish 10-8, so yeah -

we were a better team WITH John Gillon playing a lot of minutes at PG, than when Frankie did.

Not sure how you could possibly spin that any other way.

Really? For him, his kids from 2 marriages, future grandkids? When you can make millions a year and not even have to perform well in your job?
C'mon man...

JB gets paid peanuts compared to the top paid coaches. While being a top coach. He has never been one to ask for a huge contract. Not sure if you're serious, as I thought it was known that JB lives a pretty modest life, and doesn't ask for top dollar. He does some commercials, yeah. For his family when he is gone, but is loyal to Syracuse University. No other coach in the damn country is as loyal as him.

He could have went to the NBA, and got a nice check. He could have asked for more over the years here. I'm sure many will think that he just has a comfortable job, and life so he doesn't care.

The guy wants to win. I'm sick of the hatred. He thought Hop was taking over, so let him lead recruiting.

Now, he's back on the job. My only issue is his faith in GMac, but loyalty is big here. I wish recruits saw that more often. When you're Orange, then you're Orange for life and always welcomed back.

I don't think I was clear in my post. Frank is still on the team and projected starting PG.

Thus, the problem isn't fixed.

Or possibly Frank could improve after 2 years in the system. But hey, that's crazy talk. No one has ever made a leap in college after struggling for a couple years.

That damn Rakeem Christmas just could never turn it around, and make the NBA. Scoop, and Rick were just awful. Rony didn't make a jump in his play in his Junior year. Nichols was awful as he worked daily on his jumpshot. First in the gym, but it didn't pan out.

It's inconceivable for these kids to need time to become contributors.

That 2018 class is going to be a hammer, I mean just at all the prime recruits we're targeting. What could go wrong?

:noidea:
This is why I hate targeting the Euro and Elijah Hughes.

I want a large 2018 class. Wasting scholarships on gambles when we don't have full scholarships to give out is so dumb.

If we can't get impact players for 2017 don't waste scholarships on guys.

2018 class needs to be huge.

JB gets paid peanuts compared to the top paid coaches. While being a top coach. He has never been one to ask for a huge contract. Not sure if you're serious, as I thought it was known that JB lives a pretty modest life, and doesn't ask for top dollar. He does some commercials, yeah. For his family when he is gone, but is loyal to Syracuse University. No other coach in the damn country is as loyal as him.

He could have went to the NBA, and got a nice check. He could have asked for more over the years here. I'm sure many will think that he just has a comfortable job, and life so he doesn't care.

The guy wants to win. I'm sick of the hatred. He thought Hop was taking over, so let him lead recruiting.

Now, he's back on the job. My only issue is his faith in GMac, but loyalty is big here. I wish recruits saw that more often. When you're Orange, then you're Orange for life and always welcomed back.

There isn't any hatred for crying out loud. Just pointing out a recent dip in all phases of the program...evaluation, coaching, etc. He's the boss man. It is what it is. Doesn't mean it can't get turned around.

There isn't any hatred for crying out loud. Just pointing out a recent dip in all phases of the program...evaluation, coaching, etc. He's the boss man. It is what it is. Doesn't mean it can't get turned around.

Yeah, no calling for his head. Gotcha. It is what it is, indeed.

This is why I hate targeting the Euro and Elijah Hughes.

I want a large 2018 class. Wasting scholarships on gambles when we don't have full scholarships to give out is so dumb.

If we can't get impact players for 2017 don't waste scholarships on guys.

2018 class needs to be huge.

Yet, people are up in arms about not looking at Waters. Waste a scholarship when we already have two PG's. The staff is turrible.

Yet, people are up in arms about not looking at Waters. Waste a scholarship when we already have two PG's. The staff is turrible.
If your comfortable with Frank Howard and Howard Washington at PG you are in the deep minority.

We need another PG. It won't matter if we don't get Tucker though.

This team is deeply flawed. It's not close to an NCAA tournament team right now.

If your comfortable with Frank Howard and Howard Washington at PG you are in the deep minority.

We need another PG. It won't matter if we don't get Tucker though.

This team is deeply flawed. It's not close to an NCAA tournament team right now.

I'm comfortable with the foundation. Next year isn't gonna be great. We could add Ayala, Tucker, and 5th year guy and it just isn't happening. I feel like I'm repeating myself, but HW will be good for us after some experience. Adding Waters wastes a 2018 scholarship when we have the potential to be great.

I'm assuming you're talking about me because you've been beating this drum replying to my posts in the Waters recruiting thread.

I don't know what to tell you. You think as long as we have a name to write down on the paper depth chart that we're all set. That's not how it works. Just because we have two point guards on the roster doesn't mean we have two point guards on the roster who can play at a high level to help us win and if there is someone out there who can then we should bring them on board. Not sure how you think adding someone who would improve the team and address areas of need would be "wasting a scholarship".

Yeah, no calling for his head. Gotcha. It is what it is, indeed.

Hatred again has nothing to do with even IF I wanted the man gone. There is such a thing as job performance, accountability, etc. Basic stuff, man. Not hatred :bang:.

Alright, let's add Waters. Then hope Carey comes, so we can have 4 scholarship PG's.

Hatred again has nothing to do with even IF I wanted the man gone. There is such a thing as job performance, accountability, etc. Basic stuff, man. Not hatred :bang:.

That's fine, I understand it's not hatred. Wrong word. You want him gone. I get it. My bad for using that word. The IF is nice though.

If your writing Frank Howard's name on the PG depth chart you might as well add mine as well.

Frank Howard isn't good, is what I'm trying to say.

No need to say it. You're in the 90% majority. When he improves, then I don't wanna hear from everyone how they always supported Frank.

Alright, let's add Waters. Then hope Carey comes, so we can have 4 scholarship PG's.

Just as an fyi on one of your favorite recruits in years, Carey can be just as effective off the ball as a slasher than he is as the lead point guard and plays just as much off the ball right now than he does on for the most part. And Frank Howard has never been a point guard in his life until he came here and we tried/are trying to make him one so he would be more than capable of sliding off the ball as well.

No need to say it. You're in the 90% majority. When he improves, then I don't wanna hear from everyone how they always supported Frank.
Counting on Frank Howard to be good next year is setting SU basketball to have a spectacularly bad season.

People can rightfully have no confidence in the guy. With Howard as the PG Syracuse didn't beat a single P5 team.

I am not expecting a huge improvement. JB sounds more hopeful than he has actual facts to support his belief FH will be better.

HW is a project. I like the idea of a system guy but expecting anything out of him is not intelligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom