Jordan Tucker Derail Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker Derail Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also a bit of a jerk, and comes off like he believes he's better than us common folk who just say hello. So, I don't think recruits fall for his phony personality.

What he achieved was huge but that's not necessary if true

Never mind, found out I can delete my own posts. Don't want my opinion out there for who knows to read.

What are the odds that Jordan Tucker has read / is reading this thread? Maybe 80% chance?

If he is reading it, how effective is it in terms of negative recruiting against Syracuse? We're on page 80 something before a post finds its way into this with somebody giving positives about SU. Why worry about what other schools are saying to cast Cuse in a negative light when you can hear it directly from our fans?
Tucker reads the board and got lost in the derail thread

There is a lot of elitism on this forum. Sure, I want us to get tucker as much as the next fan on this forum. However, I believe he will make his decision on less theoretical factors. How much does he want to play in front of his family? Does he want to play zone? How well does he get along with his future coaches and teammates? Does he believe either program will really enhance his NBA chances? Imho, these are the factors that will drive his decision.
There's a lot of elitism on here? Lol, Well there's plenty of bashing our program on here too, we'll call it a wash?

What are the odds that Jordan Tucker has read / is reading this thread? Maybe 80% chance?

If he is reading it, how effective is it in terms of negative recruiting against Syracuse? We're on page 80 something before a post finds its way into this with somebody giving positives about SU. Why worry about what other schools are saying to cast Cuse in a negative light when you can hear it directly from our fans?

I think more like 10%.

I think more like 10%.

I was going to estimate higher than 80%. Why do you think so low? This is a serious question - not a put down.
I look at this way: Imagine if there was a website where people had an 80+ page discussion about you, by name, and on a website that is the 5th hit to come up when googling "Syracuse basketball recruiting." Would you check it out?
Kids are on their phones an awful lot for this to be the one corner of the interwebs to remain unexplored for the young man. Especially since it would be reasonable to sniff around here if you were considering playing a major sport at the school (even if there wasn't an 80 page thread about you!)

I was going to estimate higher than 80%. Why do you think so low? This is a serious question - not a put down.
I look at this way: Imagine if there was a website where people had an 80+ page discussion about you, by name, and on a website that is the 5th hit to come up when googling "Syracuse basketball recruiting." Would you check it out?
Kids are on their phones an awful lot for this to be the one corner of the interwebs to remain unexplored for the young man. Especially since it would be reasonable to sniff around here if you were considering playing a major sport at the school (even if there wasn't an 80 page thread about you!)
I think the overwhelming majority of time is spent on social media instead of places like this. Twitter, instagram, facebook, snapchat. That's where I expect this guy to be.

But if he is here- come to Cuse Jordan! :)

In this day and age of social media-100 percent he has read this. Wouldn't you? Haven't you been somewhere bored with your phone in your hand googling stuff that interested you between texts? You wouldn't google each team you were involved in? Those wouldn't lead to other relative threads? Absolutely. I'm 61 and google stuff constantly( I need a life.)

In this day and age of social media-100 percent he has read this. Wouldn't you? Haven't you been somewhere bored with your phone in your hand googling stuff that interested you between texts? You wouldn't google each team you were involved in? Those wouldn't lead to other relative threads? Absolutely. I'm 61 and google stuff constantly( I need a life.)

Maybe JB should open a snapchat account, take some pictures with panda ears, post some face swaps with Juli, and get in touch with these youngings. I am sure he has some good pics for TBT.

Just silliness. I can't even keep count of the number of times this kind of nonsense has come up on these boards over the years. If the coaches can't overcome the "negative recruiting" of fans, how do they deal with the real competition? If (and I stress "if") the recruits take on board the criticisms of anonymous fans of the team, then I'm sure that the criticisms of rival coaches weigh even heavier on them.

You think a recruit would choose us because fans on a forum are stroking his ego? You think a recruit would respect a fan base more for that?
Or do you think he would respect honesty...

You think a recruit would choose us because fans on a forum are stroking his ego? You think a recruit would respect a fan base more for that?
Or do you think he would respect honesty...

I think you misunderstand.

There is a lot of elitism on this forum. Sure, I want us to get tucker as much as the next fan on this forum. However, I believe he will make his decision on less theoretical factors. How much does he want to play in front of his family? Does he want to play zone? How well does he get along with his future coaches and teammates? Does he believe either program will really enhance his NBA chances? Imho, these are the factors that will drive his decision.

Believing he should pick Su over Gt isn't elitism, its just common sense. My buddy who is a Gt alum said he would pick Syracuse over Gt if he was a bball player.

Who did GMac miss out on other than Green and Ayala? I don't know if Troy Weaver would have been able to close with those two.
DC would have closed, but those days are gone.

Who did GMac miss out on other than Green and Ayala? I don't know if Troy Weaver would have been able to close with those two.

Even ignoring who Gmac missed out on, question is who he brought in.

The zone argument goes out the window here. Tech played a 1-3-1 and some other zoney stuff all season. Almost every school in the country plays a zone once in a while. Kentucky who negatively recruits against our zone even played some this year. Duke, louisville, Baylor..."Everyone is doing it". There are some exceptions but not many now a days.

The zone argument goes out the window here. Tech played a 1-3-1 and some other zoney stuff all season. Almost every school in the country plays a zone once in a while. Kentucky who negatively recruits against our zone even played some this year. Duke, louisville, Baylor..."Everyone is doing it". There are some exceptions but not many now a days.

Big difference: we play it exclusively.

My point is he's going to have to play some zone no matter where he goes.

It's a completely overplayed point anyway. The NBA largely drafts on measurables and athleticism and potential and offensive skill sets more than anything. They aren't overlooking a kid because he potentially won't have their man to man rotations down right away.

Yup. And I bet Boeheim insisting that his team over and over is incapable of playing man sits well with the players also.
Our M O is to recruit very athletic players. You would think man to man would be in their wheelhouse when needed if coached

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom