JT III Out at Georgetown | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

JT III Out at Georgetown

But pretty funny.

I find the whole mess to be funny, sure.

Anything funny with GTown students or fans consists of me laughing at them, not with them.

Well when you have a chance to hire a coach that no other school would hire, you just have to jump on it.

Let's be real here. When JB goes, its not like we are going to go all Archie Miller and get the best candidate out there.

The main difference is that JB can let Wildhack know ahead of time that he is retiring, so Wildhack can come up with a realistic list and put out feelers. Then JB steps down and five to seven days later you have a new coach. Georgetown, it sounds like, didn't know it was going to fire JT3 until it happened. Also, I don't see JB being a Big JT type who is going to micro-manage. I think in retirement he'll spend more time on the golf course than the Melo Center.

Great comedy occurring on both the Casual Hoya and HoyaTalk websites as GU fans start to realize that their top tier and even second tier choices aren't interested.

Patrick Ewing is the available choice if they want to "keep it in the family". Which means that Big John remains as the puppet master.

Many insist it has to be a Black coach, which reduces the field of possibilities significantly.

Every SU fan should be required to watch this drama play out. We will be going through the same process in 12 to 24 months.
I know nothing of the length of the contract extension, but I think 2 more years makes sense. The sanctions will have expired, and the new guy can come in with a clean slate. They can time the announcement so that they can quickly line up the replacement, and he can immediately get to work on holding the recruiting class together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom