Class of 2023 - JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO C J’onre Reed (TX/KS) Committed / Signed to Syracuse (12/18/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he had at least one big time late offer besides us.

Note that he was first team all conference this season.

He redshirted last season and was able to come in this season, secure a starting position and play well enough to make first team all conference. Hutchinson was no sister of the poor. They are a major power and played all the way to the JUCO national championship game, where they lost to Iowa Western.

Playing HS ball in Houston, then playing the Jayhawk conference in JUCO, Reed has played against very good players and should be well positioned to hit the ground running and compete for a starting job in 2023. I really like that he can enroll for the spring semester and learn the offense right away.

Also really like that he has two years of eligibility left. We are getting bigger, stronger and deeper on our lines. This was needed.

I thought he only played in 2 games this year? If true why?

Real talk, are we expecting him to start?
i think he is likely to. Coach Babers has said a number of times that the team does not take transfers unless the staff thinks they can start.

Maybe Vet returns, stays at center and kills it for his final year of eligibility.

Maybe Reed struggles greatly this spring, and just can’t handle things.

But I think he comes in and takes over at center by the end of spring.

If Vet comes back, I think he moves to RT and battles it out with More for PT there,

Good problems to have here……

I must say how impressed I am with our staffs ability to plug the holes on our staff/roster for multiple years straight. I am pleased with what’s going on in our football program. We need to be consistently good (right dino?) and I think we can do that looking forward into the immediate future. Every dang position of weakness gets ATTACKED every off season.

Think of the issued positions this staff attacked in last 2 years or so including this offseason.

QB, CB, DL, OL, WR.

I mean really hit the lines this off season too which is the most important position for a team like ours.

I’m all in on Dino still and going forward. For what our program needs, he checks a lot of boxes that we need to hit.

I’m pumped about having a new line I’m not going to lie. Was underwhelmed this year with penalties from our vets (get it? Punny). And I’m ready to see a changing of the guard for the most part.

I must say how impressed I am with our staffs ability to plug the holes on our staff/roster for multiple years straight. I am pleased with what’s going on in our football program. We need to be consistently good (right dino?) and I think we can do that looking forward into the immediate future. Every dang position of weakness gets ATTACKED every off season.

Think of the issued positions this staff attacked in last 2 years or so including this offseason.

QB, CB, DL, OL, WR.

I mean really hit the lines this off season too which is the most important position for a team like ours.

I’m all in on Dino still and going forward. For what our program needs, he checks a lot of boxes that we need to hit.

I’m pumped about having a new line I’m not going to lie. Was underwhelmed this year with penalties from our vets (get it? Punny). And I’m ready to see a changing of the guard for the most part.
There definitely seems to be an increase in urgency in recruiting and filling holes this year from a year ago.

6'4 325lbs.

Expand...
J'ONRE REED HUTCHINSON CC, HUTCHINSON, KS COMMITTED / SIGNED LOI/ 12/18/22
#72 6' 4" 325 OTHER STATS N/A

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

SIZE
STRONG/STRONG LEGS FOR LEVERAGE WHEN BLOCKING
MOBILE/QUICK AT LOS
AGILE
GREAT RUN AND PASS BLOCKING
IF THERE IS NO ONE IN FRONT OF HIM HE'LL LOOK FOR SOMEONE TO HIT
AND KNOCK DOWN

GREAT OFFER

Last edited:
J'ONRE REED HUTCHINSON CC, HUTCHINSON, KS COMMITTED /
#72 6' 4" 325 OTHER STATS N/A

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

SIZE
STRONG/STRONG LEGS FOR LEVERAGE WHEN BLOCKING
MOBILE/QUICK AT LOS
AGILE
GREAT RUN AND PASS BLOCKING
IF THERE IS NO ONE IN FRONT OF HIM HE'LL LOOK FOR SOMEONE TO HIT
AND KNOCK DOWN

GREAT OFFER

BillSU, you're original write-up of his film earlier in this thread got me VERY interested in Reed. Glad we landed him.

When I saw how well J'onre Pulled at 325 lbs. I wanted him, his highlights and offers once we offered also kind of backed up my feelings of wanting him in orange.

Love this pick-up! Talent and depth at Center was a major concern in my book. This could pay huge dividends for our offense. Really nice job by the staff on this one.

J’onre,​

9879D016-C90E-4AF9-8AD2-8DC896658B44.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.